Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: CYOGTCG Trading Card Game: continuation of the original thread linked below  (Read 2394 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

I've sent in a set of cards! I'm more surprised I managed to come up with something that quick than anything. Assuming all is well, how do you wish to progress from here? I suppose we ought to see if there are other players interested first then move on to the balancing phase. As a side note, where you planing on having characters and a concurrent plot, or mainly just deck-making and battling?
I've lost control of my life.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Either way works

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Perhaps it would be easier to both draw people in at a decent rate and casually play games if we leave out the roleplay. I'd enjoy either as well mind you. In reality, if you personally decide to review both Supernerd and my own deck, we can start a match right away and just see where that takes us. As well as your own deck if you plan to build one!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:21:36 pm by Unraveller »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might build one at some point

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

I suppose it might be intimidating to form whole decks out of thin air with a limited idea of how the game works. Maybe we ought to have a little duel Supernerd? Obviously I have no idea if either of ours our especially balanced, but we could find out. Haha.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

I have not yet received my cards. Still waiting on that.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Ah! Sorry. Not trying to rush anyone by any means. I didn't even consider it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have not yet received my cards. Still waiting on that.
Sorry, Unraveller sent their cards in, if you know what stats you want, you can PM the cards yourself. The main idea behind sending decks is me being able to make sure that, for example, you don’t use cards you don’t have, or have extra copies of cards not in the deck

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the original game, the GM decided card stats. Is that not the case with this iteration of the game? And if so you may want to adjust the opening post accordingly.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, ok. Will do. Edited post accordingly. Sorry for the wait and the not reading entirely before quoting
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 05:42:26 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright unraveller, I am ready to play if you are. I'll let you flip a coin to decide who goes first or something.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Sweet. Let's see how this'll go! A quick heads up, I am mobile only at the moment, so this probably won't be a rapid fire duel, but I'll try and get replies in quick as I can manage.

The flip of a coin decides the initiative! Heads will go to Supernerd, while tails will give Unraveller the first move!
Spoiler: coinflip (click to show/hide)

Supernerd takes the initiative, for the start of a classic 20 heart match!

Well, I suppose the turn order comes down to your choice then.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If tails gives you the first move, then clearly I must go first.

I draw a card...

I play a card face-down!

This ends my turn.

Spoiler: Supernerd's Stats (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

My truest strength is that I fail to think before I post anything.

So, I begin with a single star, and now. . . Yes, I think this will be a good way to start! Bathe in starlight!

And that'll be my turn. Cosmic Sky grants me an additional star, while its hearts are reduced to 6!

Spoiler: Unraveller's Status (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I draw a card...

I play Honeybee!

This ends my turn.

Spoiler: Supernerd's Stats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5