Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 104671 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 3): Innocence Revealed In Blood
« Reply #2220 on: January 26, 2022, 01:37:00 am »

Frankly, I think Roden is a Role Cop. It would explain the missing visitor on me and why Web was visited Night 2.

I'll respond in a bit Max, I just need these questions answered first.

Let me ask you something else. When did he claim I targeted Web? Before or after Web claimed his results? And did he ever mention his results in your hood chat?

Max claimed the tracker results in the Neighborhood after Web gave his results. Past Noon on the 24th, so point Roden

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 26, 2022, 01:39:16 am »

Max claimed the tracker results in the Neighborhood after Web gave his results. Past Noon on the 24th, so point Roden
(Actually, a minor point: You know that I didn't actually understand that web was giving his results until after you said so, some time after I gave mine. I guess I could have faked that, but it would be pretty weird.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 26, 2022, 01:50:48 am »

(Actually, a minor point: You know that I didn't actually understand that web was giving his results until after you said so, some time after I gave mine. I guess I could have faked that, but it would be pretty weird.)

I did have to point it out to Max one hour after Max gave his tracker results in the Neighborhood. Point to Max

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 26, 2022, 02:05:38 am »

Toony, if your n1 invention is relevant at all you should prob claim it. I won't believe anything Jack claims it to be if you die lol

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 26, 2022, 02:23:16 am »

Ok, that's all the proof I need then. Max claimed his results before Web claimed his. And who did Web claim to target? Jim.

See, the problem with his claim is that he made a very specific choice. He waited until almost everyone else claimed results, and even though I claimed to have targeted Max as the very first post of the day, he did not immediately contradict me. In fact, he told me my results were correct.

I got an innocent result on Max. I'm genuinely so lost. This means there was a 75% chance scum legit tried to NK Max on Night 1. And that the mafia blocked me to stop me from confirming a Null passive instead of blocking literally any other useful action.
Your result was correct, at least, I'll promise you that.

I can confirm that EuchreJack did neighborize someone successfully, so he couldn't have done the kill without multitasking. Magma, would you care to elaborate on your suspicions? Do you have any actual mechanical information?

So I'm seeing the following...
Roden claims to have copped Maximum Spin
webadict claims to have counted Jim Groovester
Maximum Spin did... something
EuchreJack neighbourized (I know whom)
ToonyMan ?
Magma Mater ?
This does not look at all like someone that "knows" I'm lying. There isn't any surprise, not even a "are you sure you did that" type of statement. He accepts the clear and moves on. He then goes on to ask what everyone else's actions were without giving his own results. What reason could he possibly have to want to know what everyone else did first when he apparently already caught me in a lie?

If you need to know the reason, it has to do with Web. If Web ever claimed more than one person (besides himself) targeted Jim, then it would clear me if Max tried to claim I targeted Jim. No matter how much Max could try to convince everyone that I'm the one who killed Jim, if it was known that two or more people targeted Jim and nobody spoke up, then it couldn't be me since only the mafia wouldn't want to admit they targeted the dead. His result of Tracking me would essentially be confirmed to be a lie. So all he can do is try to say he saw me target a different person than who I claimed. But, again, he does not even question my Cop check on him. The first thing out of his mouth should've been that I was lying, but he doesn't say it.

Tbh the most obvious reason his results are a lie is that he's claiming I targeted Web at all. Like...why would I target Web? Why would I lie about targeting Web and claim that first before anyone else said anything? Even in past games where I was mafia, I truthfully told who I targeted even when it couldn't be proven, so why would I lie now when I know it could be easily disproved? There's so many little things that don't add up about the claim.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 26, 2022, 02:28:06 am »

Frankly, I think Roden is a Role Cop. It would explain the missing visitor on me and why Web was visited Night 2.
I'm sorry, what? Why do I target a claimed Motion Detector? Why do I target a claimed Neighborizer? Why wouldn't I target Toony to find out what his inventions are? Why wouldn't I target Magma or Max to find out what their roles were ahead of time? I feel like this just proves I'm not a Rolecop and that I never targeted you or Web. Those are literally the least useful targets I could've picked as a Rolecop.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 26, 2022, 02:30:15 am »

Can anybody reasonably explain why an Inventor who claims on Day 1 doesn't get Rolecop'd, doesn't get Roleblocked, and doesn't get NK'd?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 26, 2022, 02:45:19 am »

Max held off primarily because I advised him to hold off.  It was my gambit, not Max's.
In fact, Max only claimed AT ALL because he so desperately wanted to do so.
My advice was to not mention it and secretly track Roden N3.

Can anybody reasonably explain why an Inventor who claims on Day 1 doesn't get Rolecop'd, doesn't get Roleblocked, and doesn't get NK'd?
I assume its because Toony said it was 50% reliable, or otherwise implied that his inventions had a decent chance of not working.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 26, 2022, 02:54:21 am »

Max held off primarily because I advised him to hold off.  It was my gambit, not Max's.
In fact, Max only claimed AT ALL because he so desperately wanted to do so.
My advice was to not mention it and secretly track Roden N3.

I assume its because Toony said it was 50% reliable, or otherwise implied that his inventions had a decent chance of not working.
Holding off on mentioning it isn't a gambit though. I gave my info in post 1, there's nothing to gambit on.

So you're telling me that I, as mafia, blindly believe the Inventor claim, don't bother to check if he's actually 50% effective, see Toony entirely as a non-threat, and instead Rolecop you to confirm that you're a Neighborizer, and Rolecop Web to confirm that he's a Motion Detector?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 26, 2022, 06:17:47 am »

Toony, if your n1 invention is relevant at all you should prob claim it. I won't believe anything Jack claims it to be if you die lol
It goes bang bang.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 26, 2022, 06:43:39 am »

...If there's a Vig shot in play then why is this even an issue? We could just elim one of us and shoot the other tonight if the elim flips green. After all, yhe argument being made is that scum don't have a Roleblocker and that it never existed. Yet the hesitance to even bring up abilities seems to imply a fear of one.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 26, 2022, 07:32:28 am »

It goes bang bang.
Maximum Spin
We lose if we nolynch then. Why did you wait so long to claim this??

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 26, 2022, 07:50:23 am »

This is incredibly frustrating. If I knew that today was potentially the last day, I'd have tried harder.
EuchreJack, if you're town, I hope you know enough to not shoot anyone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 26, 2022, 07:54:23 am »

Thanks Magma

Maximum Spin

Hammertime

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 26, 2022, 08:24:17 am »

God damn it. Well played. I should have just stuck with my d2 reads instead of trying to mech solve. :(
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 153