Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 104809 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 1): A Single Clock And The Cracking Seal
« Reply #1935 on: January 20, 2022, 12:00:24 am »

Hm, isn't the deadline in 3 hours?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 20, 2022, 12:01:14 am »

Day 1 will end at 2 AM, Central/Forum time Thursday. This is approximately 8 hours from now - votes after the deadline will not count.

Two hours it looks like.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 20, 2022, 12:23:39 am »

So, I will be giving a radio to Maximum Spin or Magma Mater, because they asked for them and would therefore probably use them.

Question: Could Toonyman and Webadict both be town?  I'll say its possible.  We had that problem in a previous round.
My point is that it isn't a scenario where only one could be town.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 20, 2022, 12:42:11 am »

I hadn't voted NJW, I figured they were telling the truth about the Miller claim since they claimed before I did. His suspicion against me is weird though, as was said earlier he doesn't really have a reason not to trust the Cop claim, and I wasn't counterclaimed by anyone either. Maybe he's trying to stick to the assigned meta of putting suspicion on me Day 1 every time, which sucks to have to abide by but also implies his read on me is fake. I'll be around to hammer if necessary.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 20, 2022, 12:44:42 am »

Roden, you're here.

Who do you suspect? Who do you read as town?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 20, 2022, 01:01:48 am »

My Day 1's usually suck, sorry. Jim, Toaster, Jack are on my no touch list for today. I don't necessarily scum read Web or Max today, they're null town for me. I generally always want to trust Toony, but tonally he's pinging me as scum. NJW as was described before feels very off. Magma is probably town but I don't have any reason for why besides sheeping Jack since I town read him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 20, 2022, 01:06:49 am »

Damn sorry, I accidentally fell asleep but it looks like I woke up before day end. I can at least respond to new posts before day end it looks like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 20, 2022, 01:17:06 am »

My Day 1's usually suck, sorry. Jim, Toaster, Jack are on my no touch list for today. I don't necessarily scum read Web or Max today, they're null town for me. I generally always want to trust Toony, but tonally he's pinging me as scum. NJW as was described before feels very off. Magma is probably town but I don't have any reason for why besides sheeping Jack since I town read him.
Damn sorry, I accidentally fell asleep but it looks like I woke up before day end. I can at least respond to new posts before day end it looks like.
You could Hammer NJW so we could go to bed...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 20, 2022, 01:17:35 am »

Alright, I'll have to be honest with y'all, I think the timing is messed up a bit. Central time is 12:15 right now. Forum time is 1:15. I've been going as if they're the same but apparently they're not - I'm thinking that the forum doesn't count daylight savings time for whatever reason, though I may be wrong.

Either way Central time is what I'm using, even if the forums are an hour ahead of it for some reason, which basically means you have one extra hour before 2 AM. Congrats.

Day is not over, go about your murder business.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 20, 2022, 01:28:51 am »

Thanks for clarifying, I was wondering about that.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 20, 2022, 01:35:52 am »

NJW

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 20, 2022, 01:36:10 am »

I'm cool with executing NJW since I originally suspected them anyway and that hasn't gone away. Count my vote on them although I'll refrain from actually voting to allow anyone still on max time to post.

I feel better about Jim. I still think Max and Roden are town. Personally I think Jim comes off as apathetic as mafia, so not only is his claim high roll, but tonally he reads like he's into the game and not trying to sideline.

Jack seems better too honestly. I don't see the point of them trying like this at day end if they're mafia. I think it would be difficult for mafia!Jack to try to be solving genuinely here which is what I'm seeing here. Lots of solving going on.

I feel very dumb for believing Magma's fakeclaim, however I disagree with Jim that you cannot use other player's behavior to gauge someone, but maybe I'm too big brain.

It looks like Webadict is fully phone posting this game based on the terrible typos, this might explain their inability to build a presence? They've at least town cleared people now although I don't feel great about agreeing with their own vote choice.

PPE:
@Jack:
I can't agree to hammer sorry. Maybe if every player was here and we has a general consensus, but not in this situation. Consider my vote on NJW though for most of the reasons I've said this day.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 20, 2022, 01:36:46 am »

Uuuh I can remove these posts if that was hammer

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 20, 2022, 01:39:02 am »

I don't think we've done that in the past, so you should be good.  Yeah, Roden just hammered.
Glad to see both of you commit to voting for maximum info.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 20, 2022, 02:07:48 am »

Quote from: Votecount
webadict (1): ToonyMan
NJW2000 (5): Magma Mater, webadict, EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Roden
EuchreJack (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
Roden (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
ToonyMan (0):
Magma Mater (1): Maximum Spin
Toaster (1): NJW2000

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): Toaster
5 to hammer.

One after another, the votes piled up. Each one another marker in the fate of NJW2000. It was agreed. He was too suspicious to live.

Slowly, he was backed towards the execution pit, fear growing.

"No! You don't have to -"

Roden pushed.

The bird found himself unable to fly.

Eight left, the darkness seemed to say.

NJW2000 was Town.

A few coins and trinkets fell from his now-emptied pockets. Scavenged materials. An obol burnt to ash.

Miller Magpie (town):
(Auto) Miller: Your unusual, birdlike behaviors leave you suspicious. Alignment-investigative abilities return results as if you were mafia aligned.
(Auto) Scavenge: Using your keen instincts for finding useful trinkets and your sharp, adaptive mind, you are able to use the actions of dead players as if they were a part of your own role.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end at 1 AM Friday, Central time, or earlier if I receive all needed Night actions. If you can't or won't act, let me know and I can process the Night faster.

Uuuh I can remove these posts if that was hammer

Typically I take a softer approach to post-hammer conversation. If a hammer happens, the immediate conversation can continue, but it should be quickly wrapped up. The hammered person should assume they are dead and not talk, though. The posts can stay.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153