Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105134 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1260 on: November 08, 2021, 03:15:18 pm »

@Tric:
Why are you holding onto your role so hard? It's not very like you.

@Jack:
If I'm reading this right your top townread is Vector? Are you serious? Why?

@Toony
Why do you want to know so badly?

I don't care what you are Tric, what's important is figuring out the reasons behind your behavior.

I admit it's a bit unnerving that Web and Jack both have the same top two scum picks as me. Web refuses to interact with me which is annoying. I don't understand why NJW and Jack both townread Vector.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 08, 2021, 03:19:12 pm »

My reasoning will become clear tomorrow. So long as I don't end up delayed anyway. Lynch me then if you want.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 08, 2021, 03:41:46 pm »

My reasoning will become clear tomorrow. So long as I don't end up delayed anyway. Lynch me then if you want.
That's great and all Tric, but even as an extremely powerful cop last round that should not have claimed under normal circumstances, you still claimed within the first 10 posts of Day 1. See my point? You did not have inherent protection or even the knowledge of others that could protect you at that point, but yet you still revealed yourself because you felt it was what you should do as town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 08, 2021, 03:49:49 pm »

@Tric:
Is your role death related? Because mine is, as I hinted at when I responded to Roden here.

You can just give me a yes or no answer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 08, 2021, 04:03:07 pm »

While that is true, right now is not the right time to claim. For this role anyway. I claimed last round since you were also a type of cop, but you note I didn't say I was 1-shot and could inspect two.

Also, why mention that? Don't Mafia know about it now? Are you the one who poisons?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 08, 2021, 04:03:32 pm »

Also it's a no on death relation.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 08, 2021, 04:15:34 pm »

Toonyman, what constitutes "death-related" for you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 08, 2021, 04:27:52 pm »

While that is true, right now is not the right time to claim. For this role anyway. I claimed last round since you were also a type of cop, but you note I didn't say I was 1-shot and could inspect two.

Also, why mention that? Don't Mafia know about it now? Are you the one who poisons?
I am not. And Vector won't answer my questions. :(

Toonyman, what constitutes "death-related" for you?
Things that involve death, such as someone dying or being dead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 08, 2021, 04:31:35 pm »

While that is true, right now is not the right time to claim. For this role anyway.
That's hardly stopped you with any role that shouldn't claim. Such as a Knight in Supernatural 10 which blew my mind during that game.

I claimed last round since you were also a type of cop, but you note I didn't say I was 1-shot and could inspect two.
Sure, but I was absolutely going to kill you on N2 (my scumlog has the evidence of this) since I was under the impression you would not have gotten anything useful during N1. Shame on me for not expecting a ridiculously powerful N1 ability. You were a powerful cop either way and marked yourself for death by claiming.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 08, 2021, 04:40:08 pm »

I suspect I might have an inkling what Toonyman does, actually. Whether I'm right or wrong, you're not my prime suspect right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 08, 2021, 04:41:58 pm »

Hm...

Okay, analysis time:

I think I was initially right that ToonyMan is Town. For now they will be the lowest of the Town players because out of all of them, he's the most likely to be able to fake it until he makes it.
I will admit Roden initially claiming gives them a free pass.
I will admit Vector claiming poisoning gives them a free pass. You can say that I didn't believe them, but... eh.
I will admit that EuchreJack is correct on all of these and give them a free pass.
I will say that Maximum Spin has accomplished nothing, but that this isn't necessarily outside his play from last round, but the issue is that he is unlikely to help find scum otherwise. Forcing him to claim might be a necessity.
I will say that NJW's progression today has been mediocre at best, but I suppose this is a forced situation for them. If NJW is calling Tric null, there's gotta be a better rationale for this. It definitely points towards a connection between the two if either flip scum. NJW will tunnel on me, which isn't particularly interesting in itself, but it certainly feels lazy.
TricMagic is a weird case for me. Initially I voted them because it was a safety vote for Town, where they tend to reject all information, but their play style is reductionist caution right now, which is super unhelpful in a different way. Their justifications need to start making sense from Tric's point of view, and Tric going after Toony and I isn't out of meta, but it's out of character for their current playstyle. I want to see Tric comment on NJW a bit more, though. If I were going to be safe, I'd swap to NJW, but it's totally not decided for me yet.

Ninja:
I suspect I might have an inkling what Toonyman does, actually. Whether I'm right or wrong, you're not my prime suspect right now.
Hm... Okay, less null from this. It's something.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 08, 2021, 07:00:35 pm »

Well ok then. I've set out my reads today, haven't changed much since then. Tric looks slightly better, insofar as I can read Tric. Don't think Toony's "they haven't claimed yet" case is up to much. People are capable of learning, and D1 claims aren't disadvantageous for scum in these setups as FoU gives them town-looking powers. Roden has done literally no scumhunting and is worryingly absent, I'm expecting Vector to either post more or ask for an extend. Webadict is still either scum or intent on baiting me until I blow a fuse for reasons best known to himself. I'm pretty confident I can read EJ at this point and he's still town, while Toony... really wants to know why Tric hasn't claimed and why I'm not voting Vector? I'm struggling to see any clear agenda there at all. D1 MaxSpin continues to be D1 MaxSpin by assumption.

I'll have to sleep fairly soon, and I'm leaving my vote where it is, hoping against hope people will actually take a hard look at Web's D1 play rather than dismiss it as characteristic zaniness. I don't have a townread on Tric, but really don't want to vote them as I haven't seen anyone mount a case against them that wasn't lazy or wack, which is a bad sign. I'm going to have to trust that Vector will actually post again today, but I'm not too worried on that front. Roden and Toony don't seem to be on the menu, and I don't think a policy lynch of Max is appropriate with more promising options available.

In short, I'm sticking with Webadict.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 08, 2021, 08:12:38 pm »

There's so much garbage in that one post that this is going to take a while. Damn, I've never seen that amount of pure unadulterated filth.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 08, 2021, 09:11:05 pm »

I don't understand why NJW and Jack both townread Vector.
I've explained my reasoning already, Toony, come on. The post about poison means I don't want to lynch them D1, because I don't think scum would lie about that or immediately give up that information. I haven't yet seen any strong reason to believe they're scum. Ergo, they're in the town section of my readslist.

I mean, if they don't post anything else before the end of the day, that's a different matter. I'm assuming that we're going to see more than ten sentences from them though. Unsure how I'd respond to someone just not really turning up.

Why are you so caught up on this? Is there something I'm not putting clearly?
Because you placed Vector as a solid town, only under Jack. Vector has done very little this day, which is not alignment indicative since they've done the exact same thing as town and mafia on D1. If you check my reads of Vector on D1 of every round I always find them null or suspicious, this has not changed at all although I have realized more this is just how Vector plays. I find it extremely odd how strongly you think Vector is town because of a simple poison claim, especially since you don't find many players town at all in this game.

And no, scumhunting you is not lazy. I wouldn't choose to deal with your nonsense if I were scum, I'd be "reluctantly" voting Tric for having posted a weak case, or trying to get Max out on a policy lynch, or voting Roden because it's just what's expected of me. Absolutely anything less frustrating than reading your prose.
See, this is odd. You "reluctantly" voted Jack last round on Day 1 because me and Roden both voted him for reasons you didn't really understand, but respected my opinion against Jack even though I was mafia and lying out my ass to get Jack lynched since it fit my meta. And so you voted Jack.

But now Tric is off the table? Why? I believe my reasoning of their mental state is accurate because they're mafia. And this time I actually mean it unlike last round.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 08, 2021, 09:17:59 pm »

Some actions by Tric I still don't understand/can't interpret:

1. When I picked at Tric for voting Roden, they unvoted Roden and backed off.
2. When Tric voted me for voting them, I told them that Webadict was likely mafia if they were town and he switched to Webadict instead.

I am tempted to vote Webadict before day end if they continue to ignore me.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 153