Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105342 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1215 on: November 07, 2021, 10:14:42 pm »

I'm in.
Wait, really? I was just joking. Well, okay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 07, 2021, 10:15:45 pm »

@Tric:
To be fair, ... I've got a headache, wha... Right, RVS.Unvote.

I got nothing right now. Other than a headache and too much web.
Weaksauce Tric, weaksauce.

@Max:
I really don't want to give reads d1. It changes the facts on the ground too much. If I tell you what I think of what NJW is doing, then he also knows that, and what he does afterward has to be interpreted in light of his possession of that information. I don't like that kind of feedback loop.
Yeah, but what if you die tonight? Or is that not something you are considering?

@NJW:
Roden: How confident do you feel that you can recognise Toony's scum play after the last game?
I don't feel confident at all lol. His scum play doesn't really seem that different to his town play, even his tone read the same to me until the endgame. He's really good at flying under the radar especially early on, so early pressure on him honestly might be a good idea from now on.

I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
You can't read him at all, so you're going to pressure him with an RVS stage vote. How convenient. No question or anything either, you're just going to plonk that vote down and leave it. And any poking of Tric is just going to be a blue-text declaration of poking.

What's going on here? Is voting/FOS-ing people while declaring it's entirely to see how they react your typical scumhunting method, or do you just like the pretty colours?
It's a good point, although would mafia!Roden try to push a vote on me for Day 1?

I suppose they haven't really pushed me at all so that could be suspicious, but...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 07, 2021, 10:19:17 pm »

Yeah, but what if you die tonight? Or is that not something you are considering?
Of course I'm considering it, but then it's just "well fuck". I still think anything I say about reads would be negative town utility right now, so it's just a risk between hopefully being useful tomorrow, or not really getting to contribute at all.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 07, 2021, 10:23:25 pm »

@Max: One thing you consistently fail to consider is that your fellow town players need to read YOU. Giving some info helps us help you help town

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 07, 2021, 10:24:04 pm »

I'm in.

Yep, ready to be tested on this topic. Poisoners come forth OvO
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 07, 2021, 10:27:46 pm »

@Max: One thing you consistently fail to consider is that your fellow town players need to read YOU. Giving some info helps us help you help town
... mmm. I am not failing to consider it. The thing is that I act exactly the same either way. However, I do try to give you as much non-negative-value information as possible by engaging conversationally like this. You have seen that I will interact extensively as long as someone doesn't ask me a question I think would be counterproductive.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 07, 2021, 10:55:47 pm »

... It's Roden. Delayer isn't exactly townie, and we see how Toony's ealry gunsmith claim worked out last session.

Also, why you asking about my first post in advance Max?

Ninjadict
Tric...we literally had a Town Delayer round 1. And last round the only reason I got voted out was because my role sounded scummy and I still ended up being town. I know others have already talked you down from this, but I have no idea why you'd scum read me for my role again when that clearly isn't working. FoU has clearly been giving town scummy roles and scum townie roles to counteract the mass claim meta.

Roden: How confident do you feel that you can recognise Toony's scum play after the last game?
I don't feel confident at all lol. His scum play doesn't really seem that different to his town play, even his tone read the same to me until the endgame. He's really good at flying under the radar especially early on, so early pressure on him honestly might be a good idea from now on.

I did originally want to poke Tric but I'm fine seeing how Toony reacts to pressure.
You can't read him at all, so you're going to pressure him with an RVS stage vote. How convenient. No question or anything either, you're just going to plonk that vote down and leave it. And any poking of Tric is just going to be a blue-text declaration of poking.

What's going on here? Is voting/FOS-ing people while declaring it's entirely to see how they react your typical scumhunting method, or do you just like the pretty colours?
I explained why I voted Toony. And I did ask him a question. He answered it.

@Roden:
Toony, what's your role?
Very deadly, very stupid. It works better if mafia don't know about it.
Let's not do this thing again where you don't read my posts then shit fight with me the rest of the day, NJW.

My FOS on Tric was gonna be a red vote, but I changed my mind because I don't like participating in policy votes and that's essentially what it would be. I hate that he's stuck on logic that clearly isn't working, but I know that itself isn't scum indicative and that he'll eventually make his own alignment clear regardless of pressure.

Toony is different though, and as much as the game gets easier when I know I can trust him, it gets that much harder when he's actually scum. So yes, I'm poking Tric to get him to wake the hell up, and I'm voting Toony because blindly trusting him isn't a good idea.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 07, 2021, 10:59:46 pm »

@NJW:

It's a good point, although would mafia!Roden try to push a vote on me for Day 1?

I suppose they haven't really pushed me at all so that could be suspicious, but...
I don't push early on. I'll vote, see where everyone's progressions go, then reevaluate and push.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 07, 2021, 11:04:40 pm »

Scum has poison. I will not explain why I know that, so take it or leave the information as you will. Longer post later.
I'm in.

Should go without saying, but if we have a Watcher they should go on Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 07, 2021, 11:17:45 pm »

Probably town
Jack
Webadict
Maximum Spin
Roden

Null
Vector

Suspicious
NJW
Tric

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 07, 2021, 11:25:52 pm »

Scum has poison. I will not explain why I know that, so take it or leave the information as you will. Longer post later.
I'm in.

Should go without saying, but if we have a Watcher they should go on Vector.
Yup

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 07, 2021, 11:41:44 pm »

My reads so far:

Probably town
Jack
Webadict Whoops, I mean ToonyMan, that's really weird how that got in there.
Maximum Spin
Roden

Null
Vector

Suspicious
NJW
Tric

Of course I'm considering it, but then it's just "well fuck". I still think anything I say about reads would be negative town utility right now, so it's just a risk between hopefully being useful tomorrow, or not really getting to contribute at all.
Frankly, I don't know how you could possibly think that because that makes no sense. It honestly feels like your plan to find scum is to coinflip your way into it. Which it probably is. It's weird that you don't think that you can determine anything from what people say while simultaneously thinking that people can use what you say to their advantage. Are you saying that your words will be used out of context, or do you think that your reads will somehow lead others in the wrong direction? Is that because you think your reads are right or because you think your reads do not contain enough information and are therefore incomplete? In the latter case, your arguments being half-filled wouldn't really make a full-fledged case, now would they?

POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE, can the bear bear this bare barrage? Barely.

Unfortunately, as you can see from my reads, I think you're Town, so there's no point in being a bully, so bully for you! I'm really just interested in why you think people don't deserve some fresh hot reads from right off the Maximum Spindoctor's latest diss-track.

Toony is different though, and as much as the game gets easier when I know I can trust him, it gets that much harder when he's actually scum. So yes, I'm poking Tric to get him to wake the hell up, and I'm voting Toony because blindly trusting him isn't a good idea.
Toony isn't scum, I don't know why you can't see that. Go after one of NJW and Tric and you'll be fiiiiiiine. Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Well, not a real doctor. Like, a fake doctor.

Okay, not even a fake doctor.

I'm not a doctor.

Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't vote for ToonyMan because it's not ToonyMan.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 07, 2021, 11:50:17 pm »

Frankly, I don't know how you could possibly think that because that makes no sense. It honestly feels like your plan to find scum is to coinflip your way into it. Which it probably is. It's weird that you don't think that you can determine anything from what people say while simultaneously thinking that people can use what you say to their advantage. Are you saying that your words will be used out of context, or do you think that your reads will somehow lead others in the wrong direction? Is that because you think your reads are right or because you think your reads do not contain enough information and are therefore incomplete? In the latter case, your arguments being half-filled wouldn't really make a full-fledged case, now would they?
No, none of that is what I meant. Try pulling the lever again, maybe next roll's the one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 07, 2021, 11:54:14 pm »

No, none of that is what I meant. Try pulling the lever again, maybe next roll's the one.
Whelp, that's the problem with not explaining the things you do, eh?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 07, 2021, 11:55:02 pm »

Making assumptions is a choice!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 153