Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105734 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 2): We Are Left With Our Ashes
« Reply #885 on: October 22, 2021, 12:50:10 pm »

(For that matter, someone else could also be coaching Tric, like, say, Toonyman. Or anyone who knows Tric's towngame, really.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 22, 2021, 12:53:38 pm »

Yes, ToonyMan would be the likeliest candidate for TricMagic's partner, but focusing on coaching is wrong, unless you agree TricMagic looks Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »

Technically, ToonyMan and someone else could be a team, where ToonyMan is some type of redirector, but that is a tough pill to swallow.

So, you still have a chance, but you have to make me believe you.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2021, 12:59:06 pm »

Sometimes I think I should just make a completely blank post to see what you read into it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2021, 01:02:13 pm »

Sometimes I think I should just make a completely blank post to see what you read into it.
... I have spent the entire game helping you, and you probably don't even realize it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 22, 2021, 01:06:18 pm »

... I have spent the entire game helping you, and you probably don't even realize it.
It would work better if we spoke the same language.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 22, 2021, 01:10:22 pm »

Having two or more conversations is the only way I can talk.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2021, 01:20:49 pm »

Let me confine myself to the situation at hand. Maybe you can see what I mean better this way.

What I currently know is that either TricMagic is lying, or all three of me, TricMagic, and Vector are town.
Do you see how this does not mean that lynching TricMagic is necessarily the best move, depending on what information others provide? Do you see how this does not lend itself to creating an "airtight case" given that "airtight" would only apply if the latter possibility were impossible?
TricMagic has stated that Vector and I have the same alignment, and it is entirely possible that we do. In fact, going into n1, I suspected so.

You are telling me I need to convince you to vote for TricMagic, and I don't even want you to vote for TricMagic yet. Consistently, throughout this game, your help has been based on a misunderstanding of my actual motivations. I find this vexing because I have tried to be perfectly clear about my motivations. We don't speak the same language; if a lion could talk, would you understand him? (That's Wittgenstein, don't go driving yourself crazy trying to parse it. It means that communication is impossible between two minds that don't even share a reference frame.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 22, 2021, 01:22:52 pm »

(For that matter, someone else could also be coaching Tric, like, say, Toonyman. Or anyone who knows Tric's towngame, really.)
I don't think I could handle being on a team with Tric.

(That's Wittgenstein, don't go driving yourself crazy trying to parse it. It means that communication is impossible between two minds that don't even share a reference frame.)
Down the rabbit hole indeed.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 22, 2021, 01:41:43 pm »

(That's Wittgenstein, don't go driving yourself crazy trying to parse it. It means that communication is impossible between two minds that don't even share a reference frame.)
Down the rabbit hole indeed.
If you don't think Wittgenstein is one of the greatest philosophers, then sad to say, your tastes are objectively wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 22, 2021, 01:43:39 pm »

Well... Technically, Vector isn't necessarily Town. Either Tric is scum or Tric is Town. If you're a Commuter, you can't be targeted, so either Tric is lying or someone redirected him. If someone redirected him, and it wasn't you, then it was either ToonyMan or me.

This is because all other roles are known by me. I gave them away. Unless you think I am lying, which I'm not, and I do think that might've been a mistake on my part. This can be confirmed by each other player I command.

Vector is a confirmed Inventor.
NJW2000 is a confirmed Deflector.
Roden is currently unlisted but confirmed, and I am pretty sure the did a protect + block action.
ToonyMan isn't confirmed Gunsmith.
TricMagic isn't confirmed Parity Cop.

You can think NJW2000 is scum, but if so, then I was attacked, and Roden can't be scum. This would mean that ToonyMan or TricMagic are his partner (to you, at least.)

You can think Roden is scum, but if so, you should be dead. They would need to No-kill.

You can think Vector is scum, but if so, Vector is scum with TricMagic or ToonyMan. This is possible, but not likely.

You can think TricMagic is scum, and he could be scum with anyone.

You can think ToonyMan is scum and he could be scum with anyone.

I can't be scum. If I were scum, I would've killed. The only person protected was you or me. And you can't be protected.

I hope this helped clear up the confusion on why I am everyone's best friend.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 22, 2021, 01:45:59 pm »

We have not even seen evidence that scum has a kill, much less a kill that can always be used without restrictions.

Did you forget the last game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 22, 2021, 01:48:51 pm »

I highly recommend that you accept that I'm Town. Do you think I am scum?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 22, 2021, 01:49:51 pm »

I confess you are right, though, that TMag could also not be lying, but be misled by somebody. I did consider that, but failed to mention it in my previous post. That was a mistake.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 22, 2021, 01:51:11 pm »

I highly recommend that you accept that I'm Town. Do you think I am scum?
Of course, but that's unrelated to the game.

That was a joke. I'm obviously not gonna answer this. What could possibly be the benefit of answering?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 153