Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105878 times)

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2021, 05:21:11 am »

charlie_pinboard.png

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2021, 06:57:07 am »

Have any soul reads Met? I don't really feel pressured until mafia can prove they can kill.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2021, 07:01:35 am »

Toonyman, mechanically there is absolutely no way that I can prove to you that I am a jailkeeper.
NJW claims you targeted me and Roden claims you targeted me and only me. That would make it difficult for you to have lovers me and Tric.

So I either believe my own top two town soulreads are scum, Jack and Roden. Or that the scum team is NJW and Vector.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 12, 2021, 08:05:03 am »

1. I can't decide what to do
2. Nobody will be able to answer my questions in time for it to matter
3. Mafia haven't killed

Maybe we should no lynch again

Jack hasn't even THOUGHT of the idea today that the lack of kill might be because they jailkeeped me? Like seriously how do I read this? Is this mafia!Jack slipping or is this town!Jack making me lose my mind? The fact I am even losing my mind over Jack makes me 90% sure they're town behaviorally. I cannot vote them! But I don't want to vote NJW either because they're definitely a watcher at least! Tric is town! Met is town! Roden is town!

Vector

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 12, 2021, 09:30:05 am »

@TricMagic:
Why did you redirect me N1 even though I only claimed a day ability?
Because at the moment I was thinking of a Toony/Jack team. So I wanted to make sure any ability you used would hit your partner in this. And if they weren't there was still the chance it would catch you in a lie. Also the fact I had the suspicion that your poison kill would only trigger if there was a lynch as why no-one died day 1.

.. Right now Jack claims to roleblock you, Roden tracked Jack, NJW confirms who visited you. And your own posts convincing me you are town. There isn't really any situation where you could be scum in this scenario, other than Jack using something else on you.. Which is silly given Jack's claim.

... I was thinking Jack could be confirmed if things aligned. (And lost my train of thought.)

Cross-Examination

Jack claims Jailer on day 1. Roden says they will track them. For Jack to use Lovers would be a risk, so his partner would need to do so. In this case it has to be Roden who did it.. [In this case, Jack couldn't use Lovers, otherwise Roden would have seen him.] Therefore his partner would need to do so.[In this case, we can rule out NJW as Jack's partner. The information he gave wouldn't be obtainable otherwise] We can't rule out a team of me and Jack mechanically, but I claimed my ability beforehand with the intention of using it. Even with not being able to direct someone onto me, [it would have been noticed normally if they had an action.]

So in this case, for Jack to be Mafia, he'd need a partner. That partner would need to be able to either bypass watch checks, or infect me with Lovers. Which I'd then spread to my target. That makes Jack's possible partners (Roden, Meta, or Vector).

Vector could be able to bypass Watch checks. Meta has a death-related role, making him the one who could pass Lovers. Roden was the tracker, confirming Jack only visited Toony.

... So we arrive at the same issue. This line went nowhere... So we are still at the crossroads where one of us is lying. But Vector is the one person who could turn this case on it's head. I think it's safe to say we don't have invest...

Meta, you can determine the causes of death can't you? Or rather, what actions were used on them.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 12, 2021, 09:46:25 am »

Have any soul reads Met? I don't really feel pressured until mafia can prove they can kill.
Mafia have used a potentially lethal ability. Unless you're lying about the lovers thing, mafia have already advanced at least one tick towards their final goal of outnumbering town. This is just so wrong.

Vector
You really want to lynch someone who isn't part of the me/Tric/Jack someone-must-be-lying trio? That seems pretty strongly counterindicated, especially if you have a hard townread on Jack.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 12, 2021, 09:56:28 am »

Roden is town!

Darling, Roden's one and only post today "confirmed" an action that they had already heard about and then they disappeared. What the everloving fuck. My dude.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 12, 2021, 10:48:39 am »

So what? Roden was strong town to me on D1. I can understand being busy because I have been as well or else I would have figured this out already.

I noticed we have a tracker and a watcher, it's possible town wouldn't be blessed with both of these roles unless someone was immune to actions like that such as an Ascetic!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 12, 2021, 10:51:57 am »

What happens if mafia blow their lover action on Vector during the night? The action would fail and they would be out of their nightkill on top of it! That seems too good to be true! All these trackers and watchers and jailkeepers would not matter! I say no! Vector was never a possible target of malicious action as they are the malice itself!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 12, 2021, 10:56:48 am »

Roden claimed tracker super early on D1 without any pressure, they even said they would track Jack. Roden announcing their track result of Jack on D2 is not suspicious! It is the opposite of suspicious! It is honest to a fault! Only a mafia team of Jack/Roden could devise such a plan, however, they both claimed their roles early and without pressure! They are honest men! I believe in Jack and Roden!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 12, 2021, 11:10:34 am »

I declare in this last hour that NJW and Vector are the most suspicious here, maybe this is all personal feeling but so what? None of this game has been normal, trying to mechanically understand a deathless closed game while I struggle with IRL problems does not let me see the answer, but I still must try. For my town that is here, thank you Tric. For my town that isn't capable of being here. NJW and Vector want to string up Tric, Jack, and Roden. That must be a losing POE, it makes no sense to me. Met is here but also not here, waiting for someone to die. Maybe that will finally happen.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 12, 2021, 11:33:12 am »

These votes are still tied. I could put 2 votes on NJW, but I do suspect Vector more plus I wouldn't blame NJW for tying the votes again to save themselves, which he would be able to do.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 12, 2021, 11:37:05 am »

Fine. Daykill me or Vector then, ideally me so town can actually use information about the Lovers thing, and help me lynch EuchreJack.

Final note: If Euchre did the lovers'ing, Roden is lying --> scum. If Jack and I flip town, then either Tric is lockscum or some crazy stuff like ninja matchmaking or Toony having a lovers passive went on.

One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 12, 2021, 11:40:28 am »

According to FOU, Roden has voted Vector as well.  However, I don't see the post in which Roden does so.

@FOU: Please confirm Roden has voted Vector.  I don't see it.

I suspect Vector as well, but as a Ninja.  Hm, but is it enough to vote?  If Vector was a Ninja, then NJW could be telling the truth.

Fine. Daykill me or Vector then, ideally me so town can actually use information about the Lovers thing, and help me lynch EuchreJack.

We won't be able to use the info until the next day.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 12, 2021, 11:42:24 am »

Toonyman won't use the daykill, as he needs it to get revenge on anyone that kills Tric.  It's a layer of deterrence.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 153