Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105917 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 2): Searching In The Light
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2021, 07:51:43 pm »

Me->Toonyman
NJW->Tric

Or Me->Tric and NJW->Toonyman.  It doesn't matter.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 10, 2021, 07:54:33 pm »

Assuming that Toonyman, TricMagic, EuchreJack, and NJW are town.
This can never be true. At least one person is lying in this group. This group has at least one mafia.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 10, 2021, 07:58:44 pm »

This can never be true. At least one person is lying in this group. This group has at least one mafia.

Why?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 10, 2021, 08:03:35 pm »

Nah, in my opinion the mafia have a role called One-Shot Lovers Magic [TRICMAGIC], [TOONYMAN] or something. It can't be a town role as nobody has owned up to doing it. I claimed to have done nothing. NJW claims to have watched me (with supporting evidence), Tric claims to have redirected myself onto Jack, and Jack claims to have jailkeeped me.

They simply targeted me and Tric and forgoed their kill if they even have one.

Or in the case of Tric being the mafia: Tric targeted me and made themselves lovers with me during N1, which seems like a very weak ability if they aren't able to mafiakill.

...it would be an even weaker replacement for a kill if they had to visit two people.  And I could have roleblocked the redirect, cancelling it out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 10, 2021, 08:29:46 pm »

Why?
Somebody made me and Tric lovers last night. We can confirm this between the two of us.

NJW was watching me, this is at least a partially truthful claim as they had unknowable knowledge otherwise. They most likely gained this information themselves as they slammed down their results immediately at the start of Day 2.

Somebody targeted me (and Tric presumably) with Lover status last night.

1. I can't be lying as that would mean Jack was roleblocking me and Tric was redirecting me onto Jack, it's not possible for me to Lovers Tric.
2. Tric could be lying and actually targeted me with Lovers.
3. Jack could be lying and actually targeted me with Lovers.
4. NJW could be lying and is withholding a third player who targeted me and Tric, this would have to be their mafia partner OR they have an ability that watches that player AND puts Lovers on them and another player, which sounds broken and unlikely.

The only way all of us are being truthful is if the Lovers ability is undetectable, which would be bullshit and I'll boycott this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 10, 2021, 08:36:22 pm »

A much more reasonable conclusion is that mafia didn't expect NJW to watch me (as NJW hadn't claimed his ability) and could have passed off the person who made me and Tric lovers as "some unknown third person", but because NJW claims that it was two, and only two, players that targeted me it falls apart.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »

Somebody targeted me (and Tric presumably) with Lover status last night.

Did they? Why must it be that they targeted you?  Why couldn't they have targeted Tric?

And I'm convinced that either you're both lying or your both town, as a one-for-one is awful for mafia.

Also, unless the mafia team is exactly Toonyman and Tric, we're at Mylo.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2021, 09:24:52 pm »

Then how did I become lovers with Tric if they only targeted Tric? Tric claims to have targeted me AND Jack. If it's some spread bullshit that snuck around NJW's watch then it would have affected you as well Jack, not just me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2021, 09:28:11 pm »

I pick a first target and a second, the first target targets the second. As Toony apparently doesn't have an ability/you telling the truth, nothing happened. Though didn't get an action failed message. No clue if that's normal if the one I targeted.. Well, given how Jailkeep works, guess I wouldn't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2021, 09:34:25 pm »

Tric picks two targets, correct.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2021, 09:35:38 pm »

Probably the role that Tric has

I assume linking to the mafiascum wiki isn't illegal.

Toonyman, you didn't chose to make me your lover.  Ergo, we are not.  Yes, I visited you, and yes it isn't Tric, but I didn't get you the status.

We don't have any idea how the lover skill works.  Take the Redirector above.  Tric didn't visit me with that ability.  We don't know how this lover thingy works.
...which makes sense since the delayer last round was a "new" role that FOU sorta created.  We're all guinea pigs here, unfortunately.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2021, 09:37:27 pm »

And yes, I acknowledge none of this makes me "innocent", I just need you to understand that it is possible that all four of us are telling the truth.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 10, 2021, 10:18:31 pm »

Tric claims to have targeted you as well.

A watcher sees what players targeted their target.

I targeted no one.
NJW claims they only targeted me.
Tric claims they targeted me and Jack.
Jack claims they only targeted me.

"Visit" doesn't mean anything here. When a player redirects someone to another they don't go inside their houses. When a player jailkeeps someone they don't go inside their house. A watcher will just see who targeted that player. There are exceptions here, but everyone's claims mostly line up with what NJW has claimed. One exception would be if this Lover ability had a ninja passive which would allow it to bypass a watcher's notice, but I find that hard to believe right now.

If someone was watching you last night Jack then we would know whether or not Tric had targeted you, as you were one of Tric's targets.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 10, 2021, 10:24:52 pm »

We don't have any idea how the lover skill works.
We don't, but it has to be a targeting ability. It either targets one player or two players. There is no other way. Somebody did this.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 11, 2021, 12:39:33 am »

Well that looks bad for me.

So fun fact. I kinda lied about my power, but thought Redirect could be used that way. Fal kindly informed me that it very much wasn't possible, so I targeted Toony and redirected him to Jack.

Also, I got hit by the Lover effect last night. Which means that Jack's ability isn't what he claims, since it's Toonyman I'm lover's with. Which if he was jailed, shouldn't have happened. I guess I'd be hit by it, but not Toony.

As for the end of day, I thought I had a few more hours. This is the first time in forever a day has ended while the sun was still up for me. So I was still pressuring.

Nin.

Read the underlined text, Toonyman.  I wasn't targeted.  That isn't how Tric's ability works.  One target, that being you, naming another player, that being me.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 153