Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105014 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 2): A Pentagon is Perceived (5/7)
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2021, 10:42:50 am »

3 to hammer, Tric. Maybe take that vote off - you can vote Euchre at the end of the day, if you want to, but if Vector and Roden are scum, they can lolhammer right now to win.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2021, 11:38:53 am »

That's just it NJW, a Roden/Vector pairing makes no sense at all. Because in this case, it would be Roden who was mafia. But EuchreJack's own claim completely breaks the game if it's true. An Ascetic means all the investigative powers don't work at all. The only case we have an ally in play would be you and Vector. And that post you just made and your others definitely makes me less suspicious of you, not more.

Also, Jack. Buddy, pal... Vote yourself? Why would you have done that yesterday if you were town? And to bring it up today, it's as if you want to seem town. And I am accusing you of not bothering to look at other options. After saying you have no idea, you jumped straight to claiming Roden is Ascetic without thinking how that would make you look. Meta got lynched yesterday because of similar power issues. If an Ascetic Mafia were in play, we wouldn't have restricted 1-shot abilities active. Or my own, which wouldn't see them. Had you targeted me last night, I would have seen you, you could have confirmed me, and any others to target me would also be confirmed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2021, 01:06:31 pm »

Had you targeted me last night, I would have seen you, you could have confirmed me, and any others to target me would also be confirmed.

Tric, I'm not sure why you are so hung up on this.

I thought you were a Paranoid Gun Owner, and wanted to stay far away from you.
It was only Day 2 that you actually said what the role was, rather than some rather hard-to-decypher description.  My fault perhaps, since I still haven't been able to read everything over.  If I had investigated you with your being a Paranoid Gun Owner, we'd be down another townie.

I'm not sure to what degree speculation about the game state and how broken/not broken it might be helps us.  We really don't know the set up, nor whether its broken/not broken.  All we can do is play the game that we have.  I can only tell you what I have and what I saw.

And, finally, I can't vote myself today even though I'd like to, for the reason NWJ2000 mentioned.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2021, 01:09:47 pm »

Tric,

I'm a little concerned by your attempts to stop discussion.  We haven't heard from Roden or Vector, and you're pushing to end the day by voting me.

I'm also unsure if we can afford a mislynch at this point.  We don't know the game state.  I've seen several theories, some which might put us at ELO, some which might not.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2021, 01:25:01 pm »

Posting from class, need an extension.

Pretty sure Euchre is scum given that townie role cop + cop doesn’t make a lot of sense for game balance. I’m sure enough on this that I’m good to hammer when the time comes, but would like to hear discussion on this point first.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2021, 01:28:44 pm »

Hm. It is true that a one-shot cop, a rolecop, an even-nights only doctor and a delayer would be fairly powerful... but a mafia ascetic would too. So the idea that Roden is an ascetic isn't too implausible. There are also other ways Town!Euchre might be roleblocked...

Looking at Metruption and Toony, they were both in favour of eliminating Jack. This does count slightly as a reason to vote him - they may be better scumhunters than I, and may have seen things I didn't.

Would still like to see the vote removed. We currently sit at hammer. Players aren't active enough for us to even deduce anything about who is/isn't scum from this, it's just another worry.

FallacyofUrist: would you be willing to consider an extension, given there are 12 hours left and Vector hasn't actually had a chance to play?
Welp. Would also like an extension. I'm interested in Vector's claim, if she's going to make one.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2021, 01:34:40 pm »

And what is your theory as to who mafia is.

Also, I specifically said early into the day that I could confirm people who visited me, I would know who did so. That isn't a great excuse, given you didn't even have enough time/interest to check the starting pages.

Please note Roden claimed Bulletproof after Meta claimed Commuter. This is literally the first page of the game. All there. (And I was mentioning you saying you should have voted yourself yesterday. Which if you were town you absolutely shouldn't have in that situation. Or ever do, or think about.)

As well, please do not make things up after the fact, you should have led with your thought on what my role was, not do so after the questioning began. You did the same when you blued Roden. No idea, then you have one that would fit/break SOD.

Hi Vec. That is the issue here. A mafia Ascetic means cops don't do as much. But it's also a very big signal something is wrong. If Jack is town, then his claim is completely true and Roden should be Delayed. Except therein lies the problem, Delaying is anti-town with a mafia ascetic. Jack isn't even bothering to use that approach against NJW. Just telling me to calm down and discuss things, and offering excuses for his actions. Going with the newbie claim won't work on me jack, I need Evidence of Roden's Mafiahood.

Unvote You are BlueJack now.

Same. It's this type of posting that kinda crumbles Jack's validity. And I had my suspicions near day end anyway. Jack wasn't acting very town, even with not really being here much day one.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R1, Day 1): Seven In The Lounge (7/7)
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2021, 01:38:32 pm »

The traditional whiteboard of vote counting shone with little streaks of red ink, tally marks repeatedly added and removed, threat repositioned.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (1): NJW2000
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (1): ToonyMan
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (2): EuchreJack, Metruption
Metruption (2): Vector, TricMagic

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): Roden
4 to hammer.

This is a good thing. If you were so worried about Vector before, why not check them? Also, are you a 1-shoteven Rolecop Jack?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2021, 01:46:47 pm »

The traditional whiteboard of vote counting shone with little streaks of red ink, tally marks repeatedly added and removed, threat repositioned.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (1): NJW2000
TricMagic (0):
EuchreJack (1): ToonyMan
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (2): EuchreJack, Metruption
Metruption (2): Vector, TricMagic

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): Roden
4 to hammer.
This is a good thing. If you were so worried about Vector before, why not check them? Also, are you a 1-shoteven Rolecop Jack?

(opps.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2021, 01:59:36 pm »

Tric,

I don't think that mentioning any limits on my role would help town.  Better the mafia not know those things.  Note how I didn't question NJW2000 on any limits to their Delayer power?

Roden was the one to investigate.  There was a claim to be verified, and I was pissed that Roden pushed me to hammer, as I didn't think a tie would help town.

You seem to be adding a lot into my posts Tric.

Sincerely,
BlueJack

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2021, 02:06:27 pm »

Guys, it's just Jack lol. He hammered a townie at the last minute and then tried to investigate me even though I wasn't on the town wagon. It's literally impossible for him to have been role blocked, and now he thinks I'm Ascetic? It also makes zero sense for him to target me when Tric said he could confirm roles.

EuchreJack

Just going back to this. The only other combination is NJW/Vector IMO which would mean NJW lied about the delay, but even that is extremely unlikely because one of them would have to either Alien me (why Alien a BP?) or role block Jack (kind of an odd choice but I could see it). But they were also both online after Tric voted, so I don't think they're a scum pair because we'd already lose.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2021, 02:17:03 pm »

Tric,

I don't think that mentioning any limits on my role would help town.  Better the mafia not know those things.  Note how I didn't question NJW2000 on any limits to their Delayer power?

Roden was the one to investigate.  There was a claim to be verified, and I was pissed that Roden pushed me to hammer, as I didn't think a tie would help town.

You seem to be adding a lot into my posts Tric.

Sincerely,
BlueJack

This is very well written. But you missed something.

I was trying to trip you up. I asked if you were a 1shot even night rolecop. And you completely missed it somehow. Not even considering if you should reveal such. In that case, you didn't bother to read it, simply denied information.

Honestly the only other possibility is a NJW ally Jack. Had you targeted me last night and you were town, we could have been going into today as confirmed to each other. Mafia couldn't really risk targeting me, given a doctor could have prevented it. Your action would have been accounted for. However as mafia, you killed Toony, and pin the blame on Roden.

... EuchreJack. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Vector's action is going to proc tomorrow, might as well not let mafia know on the off chance you are town. And well, without an Ally, Roden is going to be lynched tomorrow. That said if I'm wrong, it will be a learning experience.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2021, 02:18:52 pm »

(hint hint jack. Present a case. Not a plead of Not Guilty.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2021, 02:42:22 pm »

I'd say that's the opposite of what you should do, but if you are mafia... That's Hammer for better or worse.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153