Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105493 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R2, Day 1): Don't Trust Off Brand Baked Goods
« Reply #330 on: October 08, 2021, 01:11:57 am »

who claimed psychologist and then said they were actually a redirector? that's policy yeetable tbh

That would have been Tric.

Glad to have you with us!

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 08, 2021, 04:08:51 am »

so you're just ignoring my soulread on you?
jack

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 08, 2021, 04:42:37 am »

@Vector: Last game, as mafia, you didn't claim D1, held your vote on one person the whole day,  and mildly FoS'd your scumbuddy. So far in this game you've held your vote on one person and not claimed. I don't really know your playstyle. If your alignment is different this game, is there going to be a difference between your D1s that indicates that?

Ah, hypocrisy.  NJW2000 is doing the same thing they're accusing Vector of doing.  Hasn't claimed D1, is holding their vote on Roden the whole day, and hopefully FoS'd their scumbuddy.  An attractive target indeed.
Except I was asking Vector a question, not directly accusing them of something. And furthermore, I played that way as town last game, unlike Vector. So... what you posted was garbage beneath a thin veneer of surface logic. I'd like this to be the kind of environment where that's a scumtell against you, but sadly it really isn't.

If you want to know why Toony's stance changed, if change it did, try asking him, not guessing.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 08, 2021, 06:35:19 am »

I don't like jack's play. It's similar to last game but instead of never taking a real stance this game jack is taking many weak stances. NJW seems like a player I will have difficulty reading. Ultimately I'll have to do some kind of agenda meta analysis. The way Tric tunnels on roden is notable
I think the way Jack is flopping around is indicative they're town.

I trust Roden who believes in Jack.
I trust Jack based on their behavior.
If I trust Vector then I should suspect Tric.
I don't trust Tric.
I'm mixed on NJW (I would shoot Tric or Met over NJW right now).

I think there's at least one mafia between Tric and Met.

@NJW:
Between Tric and Met who do you think is a more likely hit?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 08, 2021, 07:43:25 am »

As there was a genuine misunderstanding regarding the multi-round nature of this game and all that which resulted in Metruption missing a day of play, adding a 24 hour extension seems fair enough.

Day 2 will now end 2 PM Saturday, Central time - or on hammer.

Don't ask me for a vote count yet, I just accidentally forgot to sleep and I think I need to catch up on that. I'll see about getting you all one later today.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 08, 2021, 08:36:11 am »

I'm kind of interested in how we went from trust tric to tric to kill tric for tricking.

Hmm... I'd play revisualization, but this isn't the end of the case. I'll do it anyway though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 08, 2021, 08:47:48 am »

so you're just ignoring my soulread on you?
jack

@Vector: Last game, as mafia, you didn't claim D1, held your vote on one person the whole day,  and mildly FoS'd your scumbuddy. So far in this game you've held your vote on one person and not claimed. I don't really know your playstyle. If your alignment is different this game, is there going to be a difference between your D1s that indicates that?

Ah, hypocrisy.  NJW2000 is doing the same thing they're accusing Vector of doing.  Hasn't claimed D1, is holding their vote on Roden the whole day, and hopefully FoS'd their scumbuddy.  An attractive target indeed.
Except I was asking Vector a question, not directly accusing them of something. And furthermore, I played that way as town last game, unlike Vector. So... what you posted was garbage beneath a thin veneer of surface logic. I'd like this to be the kind of environment where that's a scumtell against you, but sadly it really isn't.

If you want to know why Toony's stance changed, if change it did, try asking him, not guessing.

God, I hope NJW2000 and Met are on the same (scum) team.  That would make this so so hilarious.

Yes Met, I'm going to ignore your "soul reads".  Frankly, if you're not asking a question, then why should I be responding?  But hey, glad you're "on the case".  Just, you know, actually work on a case.  Start investigating.  Ask Questions.  But I'm not quite ready to put you in the scumbox, since I'd rate you about 25% caught up to the rest of us.  Get back to reading, try to keep up, and hey maybe you too can help town.

@NJW2000: Everything is a scumtell, but how much of a scumtell?  For me, your overt defensiveness this round is a scumtell.  But I basically lost the first half of Day 1 last round, so maybe I just didn't pick up on that being your style.  It just seems to me that you're more focused on defending yourself, and controlling the narrative, than helping town win.  But you're not dead yet, so you must be doing something right.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 08, 2021, 08:53:07 am »

I'm kind of interested in how we went from trust tric to tric to kill tric for tricking.

Hmm... I'd play revisualization, but this isn't the end of the case. I'll do it anyway though.
Do you think you're playing differently than last round? If so, is this a conscious decision?

Who is a more likely mafia hit between NJW and Met?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 08, 2021, 09:03:33 am »

@Roden:
The idea of no-vote Day 1 into mass claim Day 2 is that it quite literally gives scum only minutes to come up with a fake claim that doesn't contradict the town mass claim + night action reveals. And with four town vs two scum that's one extra PR that can catch a slip up.
Meh, I don't know. I like the idea of changing the D1 game plan each time though since in this game players are going to have recent memories of past rounds to use and exploit. Plus, a meta strategy is questionable with unknown setups each round. I think your intentions feel honest here which strikes me as town.

Why I'm voting Toonyman.  Roden has posted 3 times, not once pushing or accusing anyone of anything, and posting a "questionable" strategy that mafia may be able to exploit...and Toonyman TOWNREADS Roden.

Look, I dunno if Roden is mafia or town.  Who does? MAFIA.  Vote Toonyman!
Question, why Townread Roden so early on, despite disagreeing with him on not lynching.
Wait no, that was NJW. Who you have as your current best target.

My question to you Tric is why openly state your flavor role in the first place?
That is the question isn't it? Why did I do so?
I think it's because you don't want to reveal your actual ability, but sure be annoying and difficult. This is different from last game where you were much more forthcoming. I'm probing to get a better idea of your motivations.

This round has been boring. My flavor has my stated profession (biologist) along with my actual profession. Hence my extreme raised eyebrow at you simply claiming Psychologist and nothing else.

Also I have a day-kill. Should I use it today? Who's a good player for me to kill Tric? Somebody who isn't playing?
Turning this on it's head. Do mafia have a nightkill? We have a lot of roles that can mess with things so far. Vector isn't talking, and you bring this out an ask who we want dead. Even though...
Hmm. Do we have a doctor or not is my question. Right now we have a redirect, a track, and vig. Of the remaining, if two are mafia alligned. Granted, one of us could be.. Are you attempting to draw the doctor to target you?
... Not that that makes sense with the idea there is no mafia kill, but still. Perhaps as an ally. (Not enough info here. Day 2 gives a lot more based on what happens at night.)

Surprisingly similar to your last round's ability albeit in a different way. I think you're being honest here. Which means that only some of us have stated public professions.

My ability is also one-shot and easily confirmable. I was thinking to target someone right before day end since I feel like mafia will just want to kill me N1 again and I'm selfish enough to want to actually take someone out myself. I had a 100% mafia read rate last round after all.
To note. I'm pretty sure this is patently untrue of your N1 reads. You have a 50% read rate, never tying Jack/Vector together in one team. (Even if I like the idea of an NJW/Tric team, which would have been funny. But I'm not that good an actor to hem and haw over not trusting NJW.)

But...how do we know that Toonyman's daykill is Town-aligned?  Maybe FOU gave the mafia a daykill?
Ah, I miss these absurd reasonings. You're either town!Jack or playing mafia well.
It's not so absurd if the mafia don't have a kill. And this probobly explains where the idea came from. Or at least not a traditional one. A poisoner kill would mean someone with a daykill would be useful near game end.

I don't like jack's play. It's similar to last game but instead of never taking a real stance this game jack is taking many weak stances. NJW seems like a player I will have difficulty reading. Ultimately I'll have to do some kind of agenda meta analysis. The way Tric tunnels on roden is notable
I think the way Jack is flopping around is indicative they're town.

I trust Roden who believes in Jack.
I trust Jack based on their behavior.
If I trust Vector then I should suspect Tric.
I don't trust Tric.
I'm mixed on NJW (I would shoot Tric or Met over NJW right now).

I think there's at least one mafia between Tric and Met.

@NJW:
Between Tric and Met who do you think is a more likely hit?
... Met hadn't actually had time to post. So why do you assume him to be Mafia? I mean, you assume me too, but I haven't had any interactions with him. No one has. Well, other than jack, but that's quite recent. He's still in the push stage of voting.

Nin. More posts.

Jack is getting in on analyzing too it seems. Sorta?

As for your question, sorta? I was mostly just listening to the musical tracks.(this sentence sorta irks me for some reason. Grammer mostly.)
Also, it's neither. NJW is still playing their game and Met just showed up.. That said Met might be able to make a case on Jack if he's playing better as mafia.
Neither player has a higher chance of being mafia to me though. As suspicious as I find NJW, it's still just a gut instinct, and he played that way last game too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2021, 09:26:49 am »

I'm town.

I'm also a veteran at this game. No, you shouldn't expect to be able to read me. Why does everyone think I'm not going to be good at this after 10 years @_@

I still think it's Tric and I'm sticking with it. P. sure Metruption is town, think Toony is town, ... Euchrejack is probably town, he's all over the place as town. I guess if I was going to think of a team it would be NJW/Tric. NJW was playing good town last game and just took a massive drop in skill level, so that's a tell of some kind.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 08, 2021, 09:34:21 am »

PS: I'm good with the "Toony shoots and NL if they're town" plan. I'm also OK with NJW, even. That would give us a lot of information about EJ and Tric, and I genuinely think NJW could be scum.

I know that I've been one of the options. If you decide I'm going to die today, you need to let me claim first. I'll be on tonight but I may be absent for a while because, you know, I have grad school.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2021, 10:34:24 am »

... K, if NJW is town/someone else notices the drop. Has he dropped in skill level? Anyway, Unvote.

Does make me wonder who I should be voting though.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 08, 2021, 11:21:34 am »

Basically throw out my reads list people.  I think with Roden's claim of tracker and offer to track me, that mostly proves Roden is town to me.

... K, if NJW is town/someone else notices the drop. Has he dropped in skill level? Anyway, Unvote.

Does make me wonder who I should be voting though.
Toonyman, here is your proof that Tric is playing better.  The control over the need to constantly vote someone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 08, 2021, 11:26:54 am »

I know that I've been one of the options. If you decide I'm going to die today, you need to let me claim first. I'll be on tonight but I may be absent for a while because, you know, I have grad school.

Honestly, I think mafia!Vector wouldn't say this, instead the inner monolog would be "eh, if Toonyman shoot me, fuck it", leading to mafia!Vector not even bothering.
Sorry Vector, I'll get out of your head now.  But yeah, might as well not shoot Vector.

@NJW2000: Why shouldn't Toonyman shoot you?  Who should Toonyman shoot?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153