Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 104792 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R5, Day 2): Cherished Spark Of Hope
« Reply #2055 on: January 22, 2022, 06:53:00 pm »

Additionally,.If Web flips Town, then I'm probably Primed.  Why Web is arguing that their lynch won't reveal anything...is weird.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: January 22, 2022, 07:15:03 pm »

@Jim

Toastadict Case

1. Webadict
2. Toaster
3. NJW reads
4. What happened Night 1?
5. Conclusions

1. Webadict

#1851 - Webadict votes Magma without a reason.

#1863 - Webadict tells Toaster he doesn't believe this game would have two millers. He's laying suspicion on Toaster. He also agrees with my points on NJW (which were incorrect).

#1880 - Webadict confirms they voted Magma without giving a reason.

#1885 - Webadict changes their vote to myself right after Jack votes me. Writes off Jack as town. Decides to switch to me because Magma isn't posting and includes some minor reasons why they're voting this time. What I find important is the suddenness after Jack puts an arguably solid vote on me for voting NJW. It's wagon hop.

#1900 - Explains their vote on Magma now, it was simply "intuition" which is fine since it was basically RVS. Web's first vote on Magma is the most NAI.

#1910 - Web puts Toaster as their second highest town right under Jack. "No reason to claim Null Miller" and yet they voted NJW who had claimed miller. Why believe Toaster over NJW? They even admit themselves they read NJW's miller claim was super townie at the start of the game. He's contradicting himself to suspect NJW.

#1917 - Webadict goes into overdrive now. They switch back to Magma for their suspicious Fruit Vendor claim, which is fine since Magma really was lying. They then unvote again in a flurry of PPEs. Right after this Magma admits they were fakeclaiming and votes NJW for justifiable reasons.

#1923 - Webadict jumps on the NJW vote after Magma does and just says "fucking finally someone gets it". This is a pure wagon vote. I believe they did this to try to swing momentum off of Toaster since NJW's Toaster vote could have possibly swung that way instead, but Webadict also didn't want to vote NJW first so they did weird shit until someone - in this case Magma - voted NJW first. Then they pounced. Afterwards Jack and Jim joined in quick succession before Roden hammered.

Bolded are the three things that can reasonably be called reasons for suspecting webadict.

The first is just web switching his vote. Toony calls it a "wagon hop" because that sounds worse, I guess. I don't see how switching your vote onto someone with one other vote is scummy.

web says the miller claim was townie but that he suspects NJW anyway. I don't see how this is a suspicious contradiction. It's not as if NJW couldn't have been fakeclaiming.

Reaching. At best, this theory is plausible if Toaster is scum. Otherwise, this argument falls apart. Really not a reason to vote for web without knowing Toaster's alignment.

This is what I meant by Toony's post lacking substance. In most of his above points he's simply pointing out things that happened. And the times where he does make accusations, the accusations are trash.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: January 22, 2022, 08:01:28 pm »

Additionally,.If Web flips Town, then I'm probably Primed.  Why Web is arguing that their lynch won't reveal anything...is weird.
Where did he say that?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: January 22, 2022, 08:03:17 pm »

We have... 7 hours left. If someone else isn't stuck phoneposting, a vote count would be great.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: January 22, 2022, 08:18:32 pm »

Where did he say that?

If Magma is a Cop, then them inspecting me is the only way I see myself living, because I've kinda got everything I'm gonna get out Today, and with me dying, it proves that a Multitasker is the only way the current game state works, and that breaks a lot of the mechanical aspects wide open. I've sort of accepted the inevitability of it. I think it's dumb, and I don't think it narrows down the scum, like, at all, but being dead is a lot less stressful than being alive.

Yeah, maybe I've been doing too much Phone reading.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 22, 2022, 08:57:29 pm »

EuchreJack:
EuchreJack:
Webadict is reaching too hard.

I KNOW the mafia team isn't EuchreJack/Max/Toonyman

How do you ALL CAPS KNOW this?
Because I'm not scum.

Wait, you mean all three and not a subset of those three?  You really considered the possibility of three scum in a nine player game?

Alternate Theory: Scum team is Webadict and Toaster, they tried to kill ME, they failed, and are now looking for the doctor.

Where is this theoretical failed kill coming from?

ToonyMan:

In reading your Web/Toaster case post, I can't help but notice you don't really lay out any accusations against me.  Sure, you've got something on Web, but me it's... because I have Web as my only town read?  That's it?

EuchreJack:
@Toaster: Do you see any connections between Web & Roden?

I'm putting this here to acknowledge I see it.  I'll have to go back and read a bit, so if you're reading this, I either got in a hurry to submit this post (I've short time right now) or just forgot to come back to it.  (Going to have to look more at this in a bit; want to make the rest of this post now.  Do see lower on Roden.)

@Web: Why are you pushing the Two Roleblocking Scum when Toaster being a lying Ascetic Roleblocker explains everything?

Except the block on Roden and Web's missed count.  They can't BOTH be lying in a Scum!Toaster world.

Maximum Spin:
Or I, knowing something I haven't yet disclosed (but I'm about to), wanted to hit Max for maximum pressure to see how he reacted.
This was unwise. I don't believe in "pressure". I would have reacted exactly the same to your action if you hadn't voted, simply on the understanding that you had roleblocked me and were using that to implicate me as the killer.

I wholeheartedly disagree; I've gotten good results and seen even better off pressure votes.  Remember, the reactions of others around the target can be just as informative!  COUGH TOONYMAN CHAINSAW DEFENDING YOU COUGH

Gonna throw this out here; if Maximum Spin is Town, it's probably Roden as scum, who tried to kill Maximum Spin last night and failed.  He- instead of claiming a Null on me and lending me credibility- claims getting blocked to do me no favors and instead set out confusion.  It's... not impossible, certainly.  I'd need to think on who Roden's theoretical partner is in this case.  If Roden's not a cop, then my role needs extant investigative abilities to make sense.  Other investigations?  Web's motion detector, Toony might have a investigative invention, and Magma hasn't claimed?  It's... possible?

Toony still seems really scummy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 22, 2022, 08:57:47 pm »

I should clarify that; Toony seems scummy because his arguments suck.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 22, 2022, 09:14:58 pm »

Roden is likely to be a cop regardless of his alignment. Mafia-ally cop is something I've seen before.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 22, 2022, 09:25:31 pm »

Unvote
I'm having internet problems and doubts about Webadict being scum.

I'd like to vote Magma to get him to claim, but internet problems and insufficient time to push and argue the issue.
Why is everyone else OK with Magma not claiming?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 22, 2022, 09:34:29 pm »

@Toaster:
In reading your Web/Toaster case post, I can't help but notice you don't really lay out any accusations against me.  Sure, you've got something on Web, but me it's... because I have Web as my only town read?  That's it?
First, that's not it. Roden's interactions with you are suspicious (and I believe Roden) and I also included NJW's reads. You don't have much activity on D1, but I've been trying to pay attention to player's behavior with one another.

Second, why do you think I'm voting Webadict? I think you're scummy, but I don't have as good an argument compared to Webadict. I unvoted NJW on D1 at one point because I felt my argument wasn't good enough. I think it's reasonable to reassess.

Gonna throw this out here; if Maximum Spin is Town, it's probably Roden as scum, who tried to kill Maximum Spin last night and failed.  He- instead of claiming a Null on me and lending me credibility- claims getting blocked to do me no favors and instead set out confusion.  It's... not impossible, certainly.  I'd need to think on who Roden's theoretical partner is in this case.  If Roden's not a cop, then my role needs extant investigative abilities to make sense.  Other investigations?  Web's motion detector, Toony might have a investigative invention, and Magma hasn't claimed?  It's... possible?
Funny how you pointed out I was either/or-ing NJW and you, but you're either/or-ing Max and Roden here.

I should clarify that; Toony seems scummy because his arguments suck.
Magma seems to think that too.

Uuuuugh

PPE:
@Jack:
I'm neutral. It's okay for the same reasons you not sharing what my item is or what Max's role are good, but it's bad if Magma is mafia.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 22, 2022, 09:46:09 pm »

Unvote
I'm having internet problems and doubts about Webadict being scum.

I'd like to vote Magma to get him to claim, but internet problems and insufficient time to push and argue the issue.
Zero chance of me ever claiming sry

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 22, 2022, 09:47:45 pm »

If it helps, I'll mention that I actually do have the Ninja modifier, so it's pretty unlikely that web is lying about his role.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 22, 2022, 09:59:42 pm »

webadict (1): Maximum Spin
EuchreJack (0):
Maximum Spin (1): Toaster
Roden (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
ToonyMan (1): Magma Mater
Magma Mater (0):
Toaster (1): Roden

Not Voting (4): EuchreJack, webadict, Jim Groovester, ToonyMan

I think this is correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 22, 2022, 10:14:56 pm »

I'm also voting Webadict, but let's make that accurate by unvoting.

So let me get this straight: We don't know how Roden was roleblocked. Everybody has claimed an action besides Jim and Magma. However, Jim has claimed Day 3 Innocent so he gets a pass. Magma has not claimed and refuses to claim except that they're a ninja and did not action Jack...or at least wouldn't show up on Web's sensors. I've been assuming Roden was blocked because of Toaster or Web, but Magma is a complete unknown.

Look, we need to pick someone inside Magma/Toaster/Webadict because at least one of them is lying. I'm excluding Jim, because again he'll be a known quantity tomorrow.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 22, 2022, 10:34:59 pm »

I'm also voting Webadict, but let's make that accurate by unvoting.

So let me get this straight: We don't know how Roden was roleblocked. Everybody has claimed an action besides Jim and Magma. However, Jim has claimed Day 3 Innocent so he gets a pass. Magma has not claimed and refuses to claim except that they're a ninja and did not action Jack...or at least wouldn't show up on Web's sensors. I've been assuming Roden was blocked because of Toaster or Web, but Magma is a complete unknown.

Look, we need to pick someone inside Magma/Toaster/Webadict because at least one of them is lying. I'm excluding Jim, because again he'll be a known quantity tomorrow.
I claimed to have not blocked Roden.
It's also possible that Roden is just lying, yeah? Or that either Toaster or Roden are still misinterpreting the messages they've received from the mod.
I hate that you're trying to narrow the PoE to myself, Toaster and web simply due to that one interaction. And you didn't even include the person most likely to be lying.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153