Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105502 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You would be notified if you were poisoned, yes. Nobody has claimed being poisoned. I'm not a poisoner. I have no night action.

Because Roden delayed me Web has to conclude the mafia team is Toony/Roden, which isn't true and doesn't explain the prime on Vector. If my "poison" was delayed then Roden or me could not prime Vector. Mafia primed Vector, therefore neither of us are mafia.

Web insists I think everyone is mafia, this isn't true. After consideration I don't think Vector, NJW, or Roden can be mafia. Jack has seemed like town last night, but either way I would always want Web over Jack. I am also willing to vote Max, those are my two choices.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

During last night I convinced myself it was very likely one (and only one) of NJW/Web was mafia. This was before any information came to light besides the fact Tric was actually town. I still believe my conclusion is true as the mafia team would be Jack/Max otherwise which is not very convincing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

You would be notified if you were poisoned, yes. Nobody has claimed being poisoned. I'm not a poisoner. I have no night action.

Because Roden delayed me Web has to conclude the mafia team is Toony/Roden, which isn't true and doesn't explain the prime on Vector. If my "poison" was delayed then Roden or me could not prime Vector. Mafia primed Vector, therefore neither of us are mafia.

Web insists I think everyone is mafia, this isn't true. After consideration I don't think Vector, NJW, or Roden can be mafia. Jack has seemed like town last night, but either way I would always want Web over Jack. I am also willing to vote Max, those are my two choices.
True. Roden isn't necessarily Mafia. But if Roden doesn't vote you, then they are Mafia, unless they believe Vector is lying, since you are the only person that was delayed.

Roden isn't for sure yet, but that's who I think it is based on the evidence. I do admit it seems silly to have claimed delaying you if you're both Mafia, but it was possibly a distancing measure.

The problem I have is that you semi-consistently say Roden is Town, but they delayed you, and there was no poison. So, if you're Town, Roden should be Mafia (framing you or lying about their target or role) or there is a role that redirected Roden to the "real poisoner", which still can't be me because my action is there unless the redirector ALSO has the ability Prodigious Study, which, again, isn't a scummy action.

The reason why Roden as your teammate makes sense is that you likely correctly deduced that Vector was a Poison Doctor and thus had Roden delay you so that there was no chance Vector could stop both poisons. The Prime ability might be a secondary ability on the part of Roden, and is honestly the least of my concerns.

It is concerning that you think I am Mafia, still. Why would my ability to copy investigative abilities be a Mafia ability, especially since you think Mafia should be stronger? It would be possible for the game to be setup that way, sure, but it is less likely than a number of options that still exist, including the ones I pointed out.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I bet the plan was one step further:

Roden delays ToonyMan N1.
Roden delays Vector N2.

I bet Vector being 1-shot probably really screwed with your planning. If anything, Vector protecting NJW shouldn't make a lot of sense, since NJW probably wouldn't be poisoned based on Day 1, but Vector can get headpats anyway for baiting abilities, as I needed them to bait a watch more than anything.

I really cannot believe you are ignoring the Prodigious Study so much, Toony. It should undeniably prove I'm Town, and you're completely ignoring it. But, I think you have to, or you can't make a two-man scumteam seem believable. But, putting me in a team should be pretty unbelievable as well. My action is confirmed to exist. It is confirmed to do as I claimed. It is entirely unscummy. So, you ignore it and press onward.

I will hit that nail over and over again because it is the biggest hole in your argument.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oooo, and if Vector was primed N1... You can delay and ignite N2 on Vector, so they can't claim the Poison Doctor protect target, so it'll look like they missed!

Not a bad plan, honestly.

Would've been reeeeally hard for me to justify my actions last Night if my action wasn't confirmed. A series of fortunate events for me:

You can't claim NJW and I are a team, but NJW confirms my action target and ability.
You can't claim Vector and I are a team, but Vector confirms poison exists and was primed.

Those two right there should mean I'm clear to you (In fact, this ALSO applies to EuchreJack!), but I think you dug yourself a hole here:

The only remaining team to you should be Maximum Spin amd Roden! You would HAVE to push this team. Jack is confirmed to have targeted Vector and is the only person to claim the Investigate. This is a weak ability for Mafia, so it is very Townie.

But, if you're a Vengeful Townie, you should absolutely be wanting to shoot one of those two, no? Is my logic flawed somewhere, or do you seriously think the Mafia gained the ability to copy investigative abilities?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

NJW claims Vector was targeted by a third, unclaimed, primed action.

NJW dropped their results immediately and is confirmable with others so unless they are pulling a bigbrain gambit they're town alongside Vector.

Everyone has posted, nobody has claimed the primed action.

Mafia did the primed action.

Nobody was notified of being poisoned. Nobody was poisoned. Mafia may have poison as well, sure, but there is no evidence it happened unless the team is exactly Toony/Roden which is impossible from my POV besides the fact that would mean mafia primed Vector and also tried to poison NJW but failed, which I would consider very unlikely but it's the only narrative Web can conclude.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Vector doesn't confirm poison exist. Vector claims they are a oneshot poison doctor, even if they are being truthful we still have no evidence of poison. I am speculating that mafia may have poison though, sure.

I don't trust you one bit even with "Prodigious study" as at least two people targeted Vector and I have a damn good feeling Jack is the clean one here and you and Max are the mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Only" narrative. Okay, buddy.

Narrative #1: Toony/Roden - Double poison N2 by Toony. Roden delay Toony and prime Vector.
Narrative #1b: Toony/Roden - Poison is naturally delayed by Roden (auto?), Toony prime Vector.
Narrative #2: Toony/not-Roden - Poison was delayed by Town Roden.
Narrative #3: Not-Toony -> Roden/Maximum Spin - Maximim Spin poison delayed Maximum Spin, whose action isn't confirmed.

You can't really go after EuchreJack or me if you believe NJW2000 and Vector. Our actions are Town-aligned.

Vector doesn't confirm poison exist. Vector claims they are a oneshot poison doctor, even if they are being truthful we still have no evidence of poison. I am speculating that mafia may have poison though, sure.

I don't trust you one bit even with "Prodigious study" as at least two people targeted Vector and I have a damn good feeling Jack is the clean one here and you and Max are the mafia.
So, then who did Prodigious Study? Why is there no poison? Roden delayed you, and there was no poison. Did someone really poison NJW? Unlikely, as they were super suspected D1.

Oh, wait, another one:

Narrative 1c: Toony/Roden - one poisoned NJW, one primed Vector, and Vector just stopped a weird plan to get me voted out!

If that happened, Vector is smarter than me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, Toony, if I remove Multitasker for a second, the only teams viable consists of you, Maximum Spin and Roden.

If you add Multitasker, then you have to believe one of the following:
Vector being scum means their teammate primed them.
NJW being scum doesn't seem possible, even with this constraint, unless scum with only ToonyMan, ironically.
EuchreJack or me being scum means the Mafia was given a fairly weak but Townie investigation ability (and I have an extra constraint that I poisoned NJW for some reason)

All of those are weak possibilities.

It STILL only leaves you, Maximum Spin, and Roden. Any of those three should be voting any of the other two, if they're Town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And that reveals the hole you dug if you're Mafia:

We have vote you because you're a claimed Vengeful Townie, and you should shoot one of those two if you're Town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You don't have to lynch me, however I will be shooting you Web, every day every time. Max is probably a safer choice to shoot, but if I have to read a single additional line of Web's words in the afterlife I'm going to stop reading the rest of the round. Web as mafia is insufferable holy shit.

You keep saying fucking poison when nobody was fucking poisoned last night. I am laying the facts as I see them. If you want to claim the mafia team is Toony/Roden that's fine, I don't see why that isn't possible besides the fact I know I'm town, but others don't so it's a reasonable thought.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

And if you do think Roden delayed my "poison" until the next night, who the fuck primed Vector? If you want to argue multitasking I am 100% okay with that, but I will state that you targeted Vector with "prodigious study" alongside the primed in that case.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Ok then. That's like 100 posts in 24 hours, which is crazy, but never mind. Let's figure this out. Also there have been like 4 ninjas in the last ten minutes, I guess some people have a wpm of 180.

First off: mechanical analysis.
Spoiler: mechanical analysis (click to show/hide)
Tl;dr all we know for sure alignment-wise based on mechanical is that Vector is locktown. Time for thread analysis.

Positions seem to be shifting quite a bit today, it's getting pretty hard to follow. Yesterday, however, is much clearer.

I refuse to allow that everyone on the Tric elimination is town. So let's investigate that wagon.
So both their claims/night actions make them good elimination candidates tonight: Web's claimed role is weird and at present pretty useless if true, Toony's claim makes eliminating him attractive.

Ok then. What can we say about their involvement in the Tric wagon? This is crucial, as it involves information that is both universally reliable (i.e. written down in the thread) and concrete (caused the death of a player). This is probably what I'll vote on, unless I've missed something huge.

tl;dr: Web never really presented a case on Tric D1, he just voted him early in the day and kept the vote on him the whole time. I need to see some explanation for the unusually brief pieces he wrote explaining his position on Tric before I come to a judgement. At present this looks to be neither a reasonable case nor a weak wagon vote, but just a vote he never really felt the need to explain fully. Questionable.

So... tentatively, I'd say Toony looks worse, and like a better vote. Subject to change, still need to go through today considering D1. The effort of which will probably kill me. Not in-game, just irl.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toony:

1. Okay, shoot me then. I don't think you're Town anyway, and if you are somehow Town, then you also deserve to lose if you somehow don't believe me.

2. Narrative 1a: Roden Multitask Delays ToonyMan + Primes Vector.
Narrative 1b: Roden has the ability to self-delay and Delay-Poisons anyone. You Prime Vector.
Narrative 1c: One of you Poisons NJW2000 and the other Primes Vector.

All of those fit, no? That doesn't even get into the fact that your role is completely unverified, so you could also be anything on top of these.

3. Me being scum relies on me or my partner having an ability that copies investigations AND Multitasker AND my partner or I poisoned NJW2000. Those are some steep hills  to die on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Roden:

I voted Tric because they were more cautious than last Round. Also, they almost lost for Town last game, so I figured why not? If Tric is Town, they'll show Town sooner or later. Tric chose later, whatcha gonna do? Frankly, I would do it again with no regret.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 153