Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105138 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R4, Day 1): Illuminating Lantern
« Reply #1245 on: November 08, 2021, 09:53:36 am »

@NJW:
I have no idea why you're town reading Vector. I'm unable to distinguish their play today from any other round. You must be really good at reading Vector, foolish, or mafia.

As for your lynch preferences, why is Max an okay nullread lynch but not nullread Tric?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 08, 2021, 10:06:03 am »

First off, my mafia meta usually ends up with me being bussed, not the other way around. Second, I didn't say Max was a nullread lynch, I said he was playing his day 1 meta. The fact you make that accusation just makes you more scummy in my eyes Toony.

Max isn't playing off his day 1 meta, he's playing on/to it. And my lynch preference is you and NJW.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 08, 2021, 10:18:37 am »

Ok, I don't have a huge amount of time on my hands right now, so answers will be hasty. I'll try not to miss anyone.

NJW: Isn't it unusual for you to want to lynch one out of five people (in an eight person game)? Aren't you at least a little bit more specific D1 in previous games?
I have a wider pool of people I'd be ok with lynching this game, yes. I'd prefer Web really, but I don't think I'm going to get that today, so I'm open to other options. I see basically everything Max does D1 as NAI, but am more willing to eliminate him than your standard null-read because I think dialogue involving him tends to hurt town, so that's another acceptable target. Oh, also, it's one out of four, unless Tric's play towards the end of the day is particularly scummy.

-
I'm not relying on your past behaviour particularly. I think the way you're playing is inherently scum-sided, so worthy of suspiscion in itself. And perhaps I'd rather vote you than shovel through bullshit, as you so aptly put it. My time isn't worth less than other people's. I have no idea what your flipping town would say about Toony, I'm don't have any conditional judgements linking the two of you. I suppose I should go through what you wrote more carefully, but anything else is going to have to wait.

@NJW:
I have no idea why you're town reading Vector. I'm unable to distinguish their play today from any other round. You must be really good at reading Vector, foolish, or mafia.

As for your lynch preferences, why is Max an okay nullread lynch but not nullread Tric?
My opinion of Vector is entirely based on the few sentences of content I've seen from them, and I already noted that because of this it is liable to change. As I've said, I'm not sure why scum!Vector would introduce the poison information immediately - it would be a very questionable gambit in most situations.

Max is an ok nullread elimination because their presence is not helpful to town and I do not expect to be able to read them. See day two of the previous round. This is not true of Tric, so I'm only going to be keen to eliminate them if I actually think they're mafia.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 08, 2021, 10:33:04 am »

I'd honestly be fine removing web. Wary given I don't trust you, but trying to lynch web is like drawing water from the earth. A very messy affair.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 08, 2021, 10:39:09 am »

There's a good chance Webadict is mafia if you're town Tric, so you'll need to be more convincing than OMGUS potshots.

For example, your reason for voting me is a misunderstanding. That post about nullreads was directed towards NJW, not you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 08, 2021, 10:53:36 am »

Ah.. Webadict. Still don't trust the two of you, but.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 08, 2021, 10:55:01 am »

First off, my mafia meta usually ends up with me being bussed, not the other way around. Second, I didn't say Max was a nullread lynch, I said he was playing his day 1 meta. The fact you make that accusation just makes you more scummy in my eyes Toony.

Max isn't playing off his day 1 meta, he's playing on/to it. And my lynch preference is you and NJW.
If you don't unvote Toony, I will tunnel you into oblivion. I have no qualms about doing so.

Ah.. Webadict. Still don't trust the two of you, but.
Ninja'd. Better.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 08, 2021, 12:40:40 pm »

I'm willing to launch Tric solely on principle. I don't have clear reads on anyone just yet (for the most part I agree with EJ's readlist) but I do not want to LYLO with him again. Sure, MaxSpin is slightly obdurate. So what? Did you read LYLO last game?

PS: r.e. pronouns I see we moved from he/him default to they/them default. Yes, the done thing is to respect whatever anyone says. Default is a temporary matter until you get to know the person better!

For the cisgender people here unaccustomed to this state of affairs I invite you to reflect on your experience of being misgendered :V And, recall that we could have chosen a she/her default!

(should we have a rotating default? hm)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 08, 2021, 12:54:01 pm »

Jack has a readslist?

*checks back*

Oh shit I guess he does. I didn't even realize since it's just summarizing half of the players without saying if they think they're town or not, what gives Jack?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 08, 2021, 12:55:23 pm »

Jack is that list ordered from highest to lowest?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 08, 2021, 01:43:42 pm »

I'm willing to launch Tric solely on principle. I don't have clear reads on anyone just yet (for the most part I agree with EJ's readlist) but I do not want to LYLO with him again. Sure, MaxSpin is slightly obdurate. So what? Did you read LYLO last game?

If you get that far I'll just role reveal. So yes, unless someone kills me I'll be in Lylo. Unless you want to argue I'm a multitasker. My problem last round is that I chose to trust Toony, and a lot of evidence was needed to overturn that trust.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 08, 2021, 01:56:00 pm »

@Tric:
Why are you holding onto your role so hard? It's not very like you.

@Jack:
If I'm reading this right your top townread is Vector? Are you serious? Why?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 08, 2021, 02:33:57 pm »

@Tric:
Why are you holding onto your role so hard? It's not very like you.

@Jack:

@Toony
Why do you want to know so badly?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 08, 2021, 02:48:52 pm »

@Tric: Why don't you want to tell us?

@Vector: Why don't more people sus you?

@NJW: You have bad picks and bad intuition. You are voting for a Townie. Clearly, I am the one that is scum-sided. You have at least 2 Townies in your top 3, so keep up.

@Jack: I have nothing for you, but I was so close to copying a ToonyMan and running it through a synonym replacer. Keep up the good work.

@Roden: Who even are you?

@Maximum Spin: Pretend I'm poking you in your third eyestalk.

If only there was another person to interact with. Damn. Oh well.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 08, 2021, 03:07:33 pm »

Jack is that list ordered from highest to lowest?
@Jack:

Yup, ordered most likely town to most likely scum.  Vector is at top for warning us about Poison, if true I don't think mafia would be telling us that information.  We'll know tomorrow when someone invariably says "Hey I got poisoned!", if I understand how poison works.  My guess is that Vector likely has some sort of antidote, hence the wanting to be poisoned, as the person they want to use the presumably limited antidote upon is themselves, the person they absolutely know is town.
Note nobody has made your Round 2 claim yet, so I tend to agree that poison, if it exists, is in purely scum hands.

Wow, webadict can't even be bothered to create their own reads list.  Just copied Toonyman's list.  Lazy.

EuchreJack's Reads List:
Vector: Warned us that Scum has Poison.  That would be a Town Tell, unless nobody claims to be poisoned D2.  Nobody has counter-claimed to be a Town day poisoner.
Toonyman: I'll admit, this mostly comes down to Gambler's Fallacy, but does seem to be playing different than last round.  More tricky methodical, less pushy.
Roden: Obviously burned pretty hard by mafia!Toonyman.  Claimed D1, like usual.  Claiming their particular role of Delayer is a sub-optimal D1 claim, as usual. Sub-optimal since he can't trick anyone by announcing that he's a Delayer later on, although can (and should) give info D2.  Could be cover for a Poisoner? Still trying to work that one out, but that seems risky to pull off.  We'll see on D2 & D3.

Maximum Spin: Seem like standard D1 Maximum Spin, after the cobwebs have been cleaned off the sentient AI that is Maximum Spin.  A bit too scientific for D1, should be an asset to town D2 on.  Null-slightly town (since similar behavior last game when town).
webadict: Not only can not be bothered to post their own reads list, they had the gall to copy someone else's homework reads list.  But typical Webadict.  Subdued methodical behavior does remind me more of Town!Webadict than Mafia!Webadict.  Straight Null.

TricMagic: Maybe if I scum-read you, you'll play to your potential?  Typical TricMagic mistakes, but is smart enough to "hide in audacity".  Sorta Scummy.
NJW2000:  Yes, suspicions were based upon Gambler's Fallacy, but I sense an aggression that was absent in other games.  It's like you're trying to smear players, rather than find scum.
  First post was quite scummy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I underlined the areas I think existed purely to smear other players rather than actually find scum.  Also, TricMagic never answered NJW's question, yet NJW let it drop.  Vector's question also remained unanswered, yet NJW dropped it, although you can see I found it to be a scummy question to ask, since its hard to answer without looking like scum.

@NJW: You like to get questions when you're getting scumread, so why did you let TricMagic's question drop? Why did you let Vector's question drop?

There, I color coded it for you.  Subsequent posts: Tric has some work to do, but is posting better.  NJW is still scaring me. Web is still web. Vector sheeping me is suspicious.

I read it, and believe you would make this statement regardless of alignment.  We'll see how your poison claim pans out. How might you disagree with my readlist?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 153