Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (Game Over): Lessons Of Mob Mentality  (Read 105304 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 3): Anchor Adrift
« Reply #1050 on: October 25, 2021, 08:56:25 pm »

Case in point. Toony, can you doublecheck Vector? I'm a bit worried.
I could, okay.

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to do any other big write ups tonight.

I will vote Roden as well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 25, 2021, 09:00:56 pm »

That's hammer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 25, 2021, 09:07:56 pm »

That's hammer.
It's stuff like that that makes me worried Vector.

Roden: TricMagic, ToonyMan
ToonyMan: Vector
NJW: Roden

3/5 to Hammer. 50 Minutes remain.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 25, 2021, 09:13:04 pm »

Whoops, NJW called for Roden but hasn't voted yet. You're right, that's my mistake.

Well, I'm not going to get any new data from NJW's opinion on this, so fine. Roden.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 25, 2021, 09:14:03 pm »

Town can't win. Tric is going to tunnel me tomorrow literally no matter what if I don't get mis-elim'd today. And NJW isn't voting Toony. Whatever.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 26, 2021, 12:28:03 am »

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
Roden (3): TricMagic, ToonyMan, Vector
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (1): Roden
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (1): NJW2000
3 to hammer.

Tonight, it seemed, Roden had fallen afoul of the combined wishes of TricMagic, leader of the charge, ToonyMan, supporter, and Vector, once again the bearer of the forceful hand. He plummeted to his doom, shock and betrayal on his face.

Triumphant looks turned to horror.

Roden was Town.

An exploration of his room - there isn't much time, it's so dark now - reveals chains (stumbled over) and some rusty mechanic's tools. You're lucky he didn't make some kind of booby-trap with a saw blade.

Interference JOAT (town):
(Auto) Orders: Instead of being able to choose your own action target, your target is selected for you by the Captain. You may still choose not to act. If the Captain dies, you lose the ability to act if they were Town and gain the ability to act freely if they were non-Town.
(1-Shot, Night) Jailkeep [target]: You use a set of locksmith’s tools to lock your target’s door shut, preventing them from acting but also protecting them from kill actions, this Night. They will be given a ‘you were roleblocked’ result if they attempted to act.
(1-Shot, Night) Rolestop [target]: You use a network of tripwires and chains to ensure that all actions used on your target tonight will fail, except this one.
(1-Shot, Night) Repel [target]: Choose a player (you do not visit your choice). You use magnetic dust on your target, causing their action to fail if it would visit your chosen player.

There's only four of you left now. What shall happen next, you all wonder? It is a mystery that time shall soon reveal.

Night 3 has begun, and will end Wednesday at 1 AM, Central/Forum time. Or when action processing has been completed.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Night 3): Chain of Fate
« Reply #1056 on: October 27, 2021, 02:08:05 am »

Four left. Four returned. What was there to do now, other than find the hidden traitor within the smallest of groups?

Eat breakfast, apparently. But even those supplies were dwindling.

Quote from: Votecount
Toonyman (0):
TricMagic (0):
NJW2000 (0):
Vector (0):

No Execution (0):
Not Voting (4): ToonyMan, TricMagic, NJW2000, Vector
3 to hammer.

Day 4 has begun, and will end 2 AM, Central time, Friday - or on a hammer. Around 48 hours from now.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3 (R3, Day 4): Final Four
« Reply #1057 on: October 27, 2021, 03:24:01 am »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 27, 2021, 04:29:02 am »

PFP

It has to be one mafia or we would have endgamed.

I tried to check Vector but targeted Tric instead who came back positive but I don't find that alarming.

The mafia has to be NJW. Vector is almost certainly cleared and has made it clear they suspect me heavily so I'm not surprised they're still alive. It's possible Tric is the mafia and playing all of us, but no way in hell from what I've seen. And the guilty result I got last night only confirms they were telling the truth.

I'm going to an amusement park today but I'll be back in the evening for some longer posts. I need to figure out how Web and NJW made my action fail the night before.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 27, 2021, 04:52:16 am »

Well, if it's just toony we win here, otherwise we likely lose.

Do feel as aggrieved as you like, Roden, I may have missed one crucial thing yesterday. Please don't imagine there's anything you could have done, like voting Toony or anything.

Unless I'm wrong about certain things, FoU is a very curious GM.

Anyhow, the nokill is confusing, but probably attributable to cowardice. I guess a Toonyman elimination would be the best idea, but I'm willing to hear what people have to say first.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 27, 2021, 08:18:12 am »

Killing Vector would have been the smart play, but open up to a 3 person standoff. Killing Toony would make it NJW. The opposite is also true.

Funnily enough, if it is Toony he couldn't target Vector. Otherwise I would have died last night. The same doesn't hold if it's NJW. So that's likely why there was no kill.

This is also the final nail in the coffin of Vector's mafiahood. As in we can confirm via Toony's result that Vector did not have a gun N1 if he got a positive result off of me. So I now hold one of these 50/50 guns I can use tonight. A coinflip's chance of victory, but one nonetheless.

Also, sorry Roden. But with your role flipped, we can confirm your actions.

Vector>Roden=Watcher Invention.
Toony>NJW(Interrupted by Roden)
Roden>TricMagic=Repel shield.
NJW>Web=Deflection

This is the current claims today. Notice something off in them?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 27, 2021, 10:46:16 am »

If we look at last night, it's much simpler.

Vector>TricMagic(GUN)
NJW>Vector(deflect to TricMagic)
Toony>Vector deflected to TricMagic.

Unlike the night before, it's a pretty simple thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 27, 2021, 11:34:44 am »

Toony: Why are you unconcerned about Tric having a gun?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 27, 2021, 01:07:39 pm »

It's Toonyman. I checked a bizarre one-time condition on my deflect, and it turned out it came into play. Should have done due diligence at the start of the game, I guess. Interesting that people get told who their actions get deflected onto but I get an "action successful" result if my action just doesn't occur. Oh well, water under the bridge.

Toony did intentionally shoot web, which is hilarious. I'm going to have to look again at my other reads, but yeah, it's Toonyman we have to lynch.

That should almost definitely be the last scum, the mafia would have been massively powerful as is if Toony didn't screw the pooch so hard and specifically. That should be game.

If not game, mechanical analysis suggests Vector will be their mafia ally, as does the fact they hammered town twice - glad Tric's on the same page here. So yeah, we vote out Toony, then get poor kill-less Vector the next day.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 27, 2021, 01:47:06 pm »

Nah. Toony's the ally, at scummiest, and NJW is the killer. The right move for them today is of course to bus Toonyman.

Think about it -- having gunsmith on an ally makes sense mechanically, since Toony would need a role that helps them find the scumteam. Roden tried to insist yesterday that the kill came from NJW.

It's Toonyman. I checked a bizarre one-time condition on my deflect, and it turned out it came into play. Should have done due diligence at the start of the game, I guess. Interesting that people get told who their actions get deflected onto but I get an "action successful" result if my action just doesn't occur.

And this is pure scum ass-covering. I've been where you are before and vague handwaving of "oh whoops guess the mechanics are just weird LOL" is not exactly town behavior.

If not game, mechanical analysis suggests Vector will be their mafia ally, as does the fact they hammered town twice - glad Tric's on the same page here.

Ah yes. Vector, who handed townie Roden an inspect ability, and Vector, who handed probably-townie Tric a kill, Vector, who brought the case tying Toony to Web in the first place, and

This is also the final nail in the coffin of Vector's mafiahood. As in we can confirm via Toony's result that Vector did not have a gun N1 if he got a positive result off of me. So I now hold one of these 50/50 guns I can use tonight. A coinflip's chance of victory, but one nonetheless.

Tric is literally saying here that I couldn't possibly be scum, silly. I GOT INSPECTED TWICE. If you want to claim that I'm scum, then you need to have some kind of explanation for how both inspections from Tric and Toony would have failed. I can understand your claiming that Toony could be mafia and lied, but you haven't explained yet why Tric's result would be incorrect.

You want me dead, you need to be more specific about your "mechanical analysis suggests" and "bizarre one-time condition." Bring the quotations and the case. As-is you just sound like confused, back-pedaling scum.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153