Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "I've forgotten my bold pronouncement..."  (Read 1179 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
"I've forgotten my bold pronouncement..."
« on: July 06, 2021, 04:21:53 am »

I did everything according to instructions to create a site in adventure mode and than I wanted to claim it for myself. The character refuses with this quote. What to do?

Also while trying to assign carpenter hall my game crashes.

My site is a small wooden house with wooden roof, floor, 3 doors and 3x3 inside entirely occupired by carpenter's workshop. When I try to create a zone dedicated to it my game crashes as stated above.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:05:30 am by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: "I've forgotten my bold pronouncement..."
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 06:57:30 am »

I think you need a follower to claim a site, then make them a hearthperson to administrate it while you're gone.

Do you actually need to claim adventurer camps? I think it's for taking over worldgen sites.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 06:59:59 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 09:04:32 am »

I think you need a follower to claim a site, then make them a hearthperson to administrate it while you're gone.

Do you actually need to claim adventurer camps? I think it's for taking over worldgen sites.

I recently learned what prevents me from claiming sites. As outsider I "forgot" how to do it.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 04:56:43 pm »

I think if you can convince someone to take you on as a hearthperson or performer you'll then join their civilization after which you'll be able to claim sites.

You can also trick some noble into giving you their position (using an exploit where you say something they don't automatically respond to, then going into the menu where that option appears, then exiting the talk screen, and finally waiting).
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 02:00:09 am »

I think if you can convince someone to take you on as a hearthperson or performer you'll then join their civilization after which you'll be able to claim sites.

You can also trick some noble into giving you their position (using an exploit where you say something they don't automatically respond to, then going into the menu where that option appears, then exiting the talk screen, and finally waiting).

It kinda makes no sense that I am unable to claim sites because I am from wilderness. I should instead lose my outsider rank if I claimed a site who is inhabited by someone else as well.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 02:14:45 am »

It's not because you're from the wilderness, it's because you're not part of a civilization. And the game isn't currently designed in such a way to create civs on the fly and everything that implies. In this game where everything is complex and interconnected, nothing is simple.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 06:40:18 am »

It's not because you're from the wilderness, it's because you're not part of a civilization. And the game isn't currently designed in such a way to create civs on the fly and everything that implies. In this game where everything is complex and interconnected, nothing is simple.

Night trolls live in lairs and are not civilizations so why not?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 08:16:30 am »

I don't believe lairs have site governments.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 08:25:38 am »

Lets hope Toady can take a leaf out of Rimworld's book then for their 1.3 ideology update, but otherwise good point. Normally committing to a hearth can have some passive advantages, like rendering you mostly immune to [NATURAL] creatures via elves being at peace with nature on a individual level.

Night trolls live in lairs and are not civilizations so why not?

Because trolls are simply advocating a creature behaviour, the site they create belongs to wg, created offscreen and nobody else can lay claim to it because its not a conquerable site. By comparison, vaults are owned by the HFS entities in a loose offloaded civ themed around dieities for their generated titles and forms, will respawn in there and conquering them after first exposing the location enables special types of adventurers.