Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Options to auto-pause the game when opening some menus/screens  (Read 543 times)

Mr Crabman

• Bay Watcher
  • A person with the head and pincers of a crab.
    • View Profile

So it's been said that with the Steam update's GUI changes (which will also come to the free classic version), some menus which currently pause right now when you open them (I think workshops were one), and potentially larger windows/screens, like the trade screen, or the new "info" menu shown in the July 1st Steam news, will no longer do so, and things will keep happening in the fort while you use that menu if you hadn't already paused manually (I'm not 100% sure about those big ones like the info screen, but the workshops I'm confident keep going now).

For some people this is good, but personally I wouldn't want to have to remember to pause every time before I open a menu that covers almost all of the screen (or even really anything that requires strong attention every time it's used), so it would be nice to have an option somewhere to make the game auto-pause when opening certain kinds of menus.

Some are less disruptive than others, so this shouldn't just be a single option; separately being able to auto-pause when in different classes of screen (like workshops, zones management, stockpiles, "full screens" like the custom stockpile/tradescreen/info/any others that kind of size) would be good, so you can pause when you're in the main "info menu" or other things that take up almost the whole screen, but keep things going while you simply adding tasks to a workshop or drawing out new zones.