Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [AQUATIC] token.  (Read 889 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
[AQUATIC] token.
« on: June 28, 2021, 02:19:05 pm »

Does this token only cause creature to breath underwater but drown on land or does it also force creature to spawn in water? Wiki states nothing about forceful spawning in water. I see no [VERMIN_FISH] token on some aquatic creatures.

I'm asking because I'm making a randomizer mod (won't randomize everything due to file limitations).

My mod is going to suck if I won't have orcas randomly drown in the middle of mountain. It already sucks because I can't do much with procedural creatures but it still gives a laugh. Otherwise they may try stagnant water.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 02:28:33 pm by rico6822 »
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [AQUATIC] token.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 02:42:06 pm »

It'll spawn them in the water. Stagnant pools won't work though, because those are technically separate biomes from the surrounding land, and only vermin can spawn in those.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 02:50:27 pm »

It'll spawn them in the water. Stagnant pools won't work though, because those are technically separate biomes from the surrounding land, and only vermin can spawn in those.

The thing is my randomizer makes them spawn in all biomes they can, even stagnant waters. I literally give every creature those tags using creature variation token to prevent overly duping everything: [BIOME:ALL_MAIN] [BIOME:ANY_POOL] [BIOME:ANY_RIVER]

[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER] [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]

[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_LAVA] [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:5] [LARGE_ROAMING]

[BEACH_FREQUENCY:10] [NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN] [DEMON]

[POPULATION_NUMBER:15:30]

I also remove tags that limit spawning or make other creatures appear more often. I may decide to increase population.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 02:53:31 pm »

Does [VERMIN_FISH] do something else expect of making a creature spawn in water? I'm giving this token to certain land creatures variations so they can spawn in water.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 03:03:00 pm »

Just giving a creature ANY_POOL won't actually make them spawn in pools. There's a vanilla bug that prevents that from working.

VERMIN_FISH puts the creature into the role of a vermin fish. Mostly, it means that fisherdwarves will catch them. I really wouldn't put that tag on anything that's meant to be a "full" creature, rather than just fisherdwarf fodder.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 03:05:29 pm »

Just giving a creature ANY_POOL won't actually make them spawn in pools. There's a vanilla bug that prevents that from working.

VERMIN_FISH puts the creature into the role of a vermin fish. Mostly, it means that fisherdwarves will catch them. I really wouldn't put that tag on anything that's meant to be a "full" creature, rather than just fisherdwarf fodder.

Awesome! Since this is a randomizer after all I'm not going to do anything about it. Or should I?

Can I still have Orcas in rivers and underground waters?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:07:10 pm by rico6822 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 03:56:12 pm »

Yeah, absolutely. If you give them the appropriate biomes, orcas will spawn fine in any water that isn't a murky pool.
My mods and forum games.