Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random RTD  (Read 2060 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random RTD
« on: June 27, 2021, 04:03:15 pm »

In this RTD, I show you a list of 100 words that I have randomly picked in a dictionary (but I skip all the words that seem too abstract/technical/meaningless, or that appear unsuitable for the game). You must use one to three of the listed words per turn to make your actions, except if you decide to use things that already exist, do basic actions, or simply interact with the other players.

For example, you could try to obtain a magic silver sword if the three words are present in the list. However, if only the word sword is there, you could still try to get a magic silver sword, but you would need a good roll to get one. You can thus see that you are only partially restrained in your choice of actions by the listed words.

Just as well, if a very generic word like wood is in the list, you could ask for a gigantic wooden tower to materialize in front of you (even if the word "tower" is not in the list), but if you get a bad roll your tower might be very small.

Every listed word can only be used once, by only one player, and must always be bolded or underlined. The list will be edited regularly and I will try to post at least once per week.

At the beginning of the game, the only things that exist are an endless plain of green grass, under a blue sky with a shining sun and some white clouds. All the players start as humans, but once per life (because each must die sooner or later) they can use up to three words to become someone else or something else.

Have fun! :D

Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 10:42:23 am by Yellow Pixel »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Random RTD
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 06:46:34 pm »

I summon a Undead Basilisk.

Y’all bout to die now!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 07:38:56 pm »

I conjure fermented oolong
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:45:04 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 09:54:11 pm »

I create a Polar Bear Biplane.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 02:46:58 am »

I create the combine harvester island!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 10:33:55 am »

I summon a Undead Basilisk.

Y’all bout to die now!
(3) Your summoning has worked, and the Undead Basilisk appears in front of you, in a curled up position. It unfolds its reptilian tail and slowly raises its cadaveric rooster head, with a low growl and drool dripping from its beak. Suddenly, it turns its petrifying glare toward you and tries to lunge at you, but just in time, you avert your eyes from it and dodge! Hmm... It looks like the horrific creature sees you as a decent first prey. Maybe you should start running now...

I conjure fermented oolong
(5) An open crate full of fermented oolong materializes close to you. The strong tea emits a dim green glow and sparkles slightly with power. And there's also a neat bamboo tray that appeared on the ground aside the crate, displaying a fancy teaware set made in China, with its little assorted stove, that even comes with a matchbox! The Chinese tea gods and their convenient fast shipping are truly in your favor!

I create a Polar Bear Biplane.
(2) A biplane actually spawns, and a polar bear too, but instead of being somehow merged together, the white bear is simply sitting inside the biplane, in the pilot's seat. However, there is a bigger problem: the biplane is already flying high into the air, and the bear is making panicked looks all around him! If nothing is done, the biplane will certainly crash with the animal!

I create the combine harvester island!
(4) The combine harvester island comes into being, but in truth, it is essentially an extensive area of rolling hills lying in the omnipresent "sea" of green grass, with a brand new combine harvester in the middle. It is also a beautiful sight, since the island is completely covered of golden wheat bathing in the sun, all ripe for the harvest.

Player stuff and inventory:
Knightwing64: Chased by an Undead Basilisk
Horizon: Oolong of power, Chinese teaware set, matchbox
Fire and Glory: Has created a polar bear in a biplane
King Zultan: Combine harvester

Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 10:47:14 am by Yellow Pixel »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 12:40:31 pm »

Once I bow my head in thanks to the Chinese tea gods I begin to prepare a pot of the oolong to boil on the stove, using the matchsticks provided to me. Once the kettle comes to a boil I tentatively pour the piping hot liquid into the cup, sit cross-legged and sip the potent beverage. Contemplatively wondering where I am and why I awoke here, once done my tea I stand and survey the area and look for a checkerberry plant to cultivate.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:05:39 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 10:55:04 pm »

Aha! I actually wanted a polar bear inside the biplane all along! Still, a bit tragic that he's going to crash...Oh well.

The landscape is still a bit plain. What we need is a Haunted Highway leading to the combine harvester island.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 03:42:22 am »

Get inside my combine harvester and start harvesting all that wheat, also create a raccoon gargoyle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 04:08:50 am »

Yellow Pixels has created a forum game? And it's fresh?! Why wasn't i notified?! Well count me in!

I attempt to create a Pangolin Skink collective.
WTF is a Pangolin Skink? I dunno. Good luck Pixels, lol.

(as a random aside, pangolins are one of my favorite animals. Had to snatch the word up before anyone else got to it :P)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 06:39:37 am »

I create a Tether ally wand and use it on the basilisk.

“Um, Hello? Anybody there? This is weird. I think I have magic word powers?”

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 01:31:35 pm »

>Replace the candles on someone's Cake with Dynamite.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 08:13:50 am »

Bake a cake at a haunted pier

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 01:12:47 am »

Construct a crypt and create an oil tiger to guard it.