Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Ascent. [SG] <On Hiatus>  (Read 5249 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ascent. [SG] <On Hiatus>
« on: June 22, 2021, 10:42:56 pm »

It's just another day on this little blue planet.. or at least, it is for all save yourself.

Well, that's not wholly accurate.  Today, there were many new parents. many romances.  Days of joy.  Days of fun.  People taking the first step on adventures, or returning home to safety.  People in pain, experiencing loss, or enduring suffering.

And you were one apart from them.

What was it that defined your life?  What asset did you have that was always the most valuable to you?

(Choose one)

Your Vitality.  At the heart of it, your health is what let you do anything else.  You were fit, healthy, and physically capable.. it meant that you never needed to worry about your diet, or having to spend weeks laid up.. and you never had to suffer the challenge of a handicap.  Whenever you needed your body to do something, it was there, responsive, and available.. which is not a gift to be taken lightly.

Your Ability.  When it comes down to it, you were a capable person.  You could handle yourself carefully, and you were always in command of your resources.  You could (and did) learn an instrument.  You could (and did) learn how to run things and to make things.  And whenever you needed to use stuff, do stuff, or create stuff, you had what you needed at your fingertips.

Your Mind.  Without your mind, what would you have been?  Understanding and knowledge was the core of your being.  Knowing, understanding, processing, and the capability to see what others miss.  Those were your strengths.  And when you were facing difficulty, your mind, and your memory, was always there to help your efforts, whether you needed recall, comprehension, or intuition.

Your

Your Friends.  You have always understood that you are not alone, you were always in company.  When things are hard, you are there.  When things are blue, so are they.  You were one of those lucky people who knew that they are not alone on their journies through life.

But.. that was then.  This is now.  And it is yet to be seen where you are now bound.

..but it can be said where the journey began.  For what is it which brought you to believe that this day is the first day of your new life?

(Choose two.)

You were strong.
You were fast.
You felt invincible.

You were perfect.
You had the touch.
All things were as one.

It was easy.
It just happened.
Your books were open.

You understood.
You gave someone drive.
You gave life meaning.

Now.. where were you when you learned?  Where were you from?

You were from Alosia.
Spoiler: Alosia (click to show/hide)

You were from the Terpis Union.
Spoiler: Union (click to show/hide)

You were from the South Seas Federation.
Spoiler: South Seas (click to show/hide)

You were from the Berghan Commonwealth
Spoiler: Berghan (click to show/hide)

So.. three questions.  What are your answers?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 02:58:59 am by Devastator »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascent. [SG]
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 11:37:47 pm »

Sure why not.

Your Ability. 

You felt invincible.
You gave someone drive.

You were from Alosia.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 02:34:46 am »

Your Friends. 

You felt invincible.
You gave life meaning.

You were from Alosia.

+1 mindless upvote to syv's thing~

This build seems like it might make us a little bit of a shounen-anime-protagonist, eh?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 03:39:42 am »

Your Friends. 

You felt invincible.
You gave life meaning.

You were from Alosia.

+1 mindless upvote to syv's thing~

This build seems like it might make us a little bit of a shounen-anime-protagonist, eh?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 09:59:52 am »

Your mind.

It was easy.
All things were as one.

You were from America Alosia.

Int and leadership, bruh.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 10:35:05 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 10:34:10 pm »

Seems clear enough.

[Vitality, 0]

[Strength, 0]
[Speed, 0]

[Toughness, 1] You feel different today.  Not quite normal, and you aren't sure why that is.

[Skill, 0]

[Precision, 0]
[Mastery, 0]
[Adaptability, 0]

[Mind, 0]

[Processing, 0]
[Intuition, 0]
[Memory, 0]

[Grace, 1]

[Empathy, 1] You make friends easily, and can usually understand the feelings of others.
[Motivation, 1] Both by wit and example, you influence those around you.
[Inspiration, 2] This is something unusual.  Something Wrong.

Pick two skills.

One must be related to a profession that existed in the 1950s.
One must be a social skill.

Also, pick an intellectual hobby that one can share with others.

Alosia is also a large place.. where are you from within Alosia?

The Capital.  The centre of political life, and the one place with any significant foreign influence.  Everything happens here, and the intrigue is only slightly less thick than the secret police.
Another large city.  Alosia is huge, and has many other centres of industry, and such culture as exists.  You live in one of them which is nonetheless not the capital.
The border regions.  Alosia does have it's borders, and they are much like the rest of the country, except for all the troops, and the various allies of the last-but-one revolution.  If the balloon goes up again, either without or within, these places will be the middle of it.
The sticks.  There are some small places, which even the mighty forces of the government care little about.  Forty thousand farmers in the Zaor Highlands, ten hours from anywhere that matters?  That's still home to the people who live in them.

Lastly, how well off are you?

Loaded.
Comfortable.
Scraping by.
Destitute.

Nobody is truly wealthy in Alosia.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 10:49:20 pm »

driving
seduction

we enjoy looking at drawings of bugs and other living things in books from the library

capital
comfortable

Retracted for strategic voting
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 03:17:33 pm by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 01:31:38 am »

Construction
Barter

Writing

Another Large City
Destitute
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 03:14:57 pm »

Hmm. Let's mix and match!

Skill: Driving We like cars! We have a decent sense of how they work, and we're excellent behind the driver's wheel-- albeit, reckless to a fault.

Skill: Conversationalist We're a font of witticisms and trivialities, with an intimate knowledge of Alosia's shadier dealings. This, and our sense for the fantastic and sensational, makes us a fascinating talker for anyone who's willing to listen.

Interest: Writing We write dime novels for a living: dark, flashy little books, jam-packed with gunfire and petty romance.

Location: Another large city It's not much, but it's home. Sometimes we wish we could afford to move up to the capital-- what wondrous hubbub must happen there! We've written plenty of books about it.

Living: Scraping by ...dime novels don't pay great. Maybe we should've been a journalist.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 03:17:07 pm »

Despite my better instincts I want to see Dev write a high-cha seduction char.

Stealth (Thievery's a good living, mate)
Seduction

Writing our capitalist manifesto

Border regions
Comfortable

+1 this rather than my suggestion

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 02:27:56 pm »

Skill: Driving We like cars! We have a decent sense of how they work, and we're excellent behind the driver's wheel-- albeit, reckless to a fault.

Skill: Conversationalist We're a font of witticisms and trivialities, with an intimate knowledge of Alosia's shadier dealings. This, and our sense for the fantastic and sensational, makes us a fascinating talker for anyone who's willing to listen.

Interest: Writing We write dime novels for a living: dark, flashy little books, jam-packed with gunfire and petty romance.

Location: Another large city It's not much, but it's home. Sometimes we wish we could afford to move up to the capital-- what wondrous hubbub must happen there! We've written plenty of books about it.

Living: Scraping by ...dime novels don't pay great. Maybe we should've been a journalist.

This one!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2021, 01:15:06 am »

This one!
+1

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2021, 01:21:18 am »

Despite my better instincts I want to see Dev write a high-cha seduction char.

Stealth (Thievery's a good living, mate)
Seduction

Writing our capitalist manifesto

Border regions
Comfortable

+1 this rather than my suggestion

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8