Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9862 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2021, 11:12:23 pm »

Jack draws a card.

A dangerous gleam glints in Jack's eye.

Jack speaks. "I see. So your plan is to flip a card to attack on the same turn that you play your 'Pretty Cure Rogue Burning', destroying whatever we play next in order to deal with the main threat. Its not a bad plan, but..."

Brisk comments. "You ssshould have called it the thing!"

Jack continues. "That card will enable them to destroy the card that we played immediately prior to the card they choose to destroy. Thus by dealing with whatever card we play immediately after Knight Paladin, they will also take out Knight Paladin itself... So all we have to do is destroy the next card I play before Diance's next turn!"

Brisk. "Aha! I get it! Sssure I can do that!"

Jack plays Paladin Executioner!

Paladin Executioner's ability allows it to destroy a card with 1 Heart. Jack chooses Paladin Executioner!

Brisk comments. "Oh sssnap!"

Jack flashes a wide grin. "Now if you destroy my NEXT card, the target for destruction would be Paladin Executioner instead of Knight Paladin! And now to be extra sure..."

Jack then plays Lay on Hands!

This increases Knight Paladin's hearts by 2!

Jack then plays Paladin Illuminator!

Knight Paladin uses its ability, and all three face-down cards lose 1 Heart!

"I'll refrain from illuminating them this turn. Might just make things worse..."
Jack ends his turn.

Spoiler: Jack's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2021, 08:05:33 am »

"I think your reasoning is wrong. It destroys the card immediately before it in play. If said card is no longer in play, then it will trickle down to the Next target. Without that description it would act as you think."

"Or at least that's how I see it, can't target something in play if it isn't in play after all. Anyway, your move hasn't really changed any plan of mine."

(I did explain the workings of the card last time I played it... Though that would have worked if he had waited till when I played it.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2021, 12:27:20 pm »

Odelia didn't want to disappoint her companion, but this all very much depended on both the opponent having a card in play while Odelia had some way to do damage(unlikely considering the presence of the Knight and the probable presence of more smites in the deck), and Odelia even having a card in her deck that would be able to survive the turn it took for it to be able to attack, let alone the two that would be necessary to kill the Knight, because she had no single card that could manage such a feat with that damage reduction. Nevertheless...

Odelia draws a card, her eyes widen, she had forgotten about this one as she was already considering replacing it after her last battle.

"I play a card face down, paying two stars."

"Diance, it doesn't matter how you do it, damage the knight."
Spoiler: Odelia's Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:23:09 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2021, 04:15:01 pm »

(Note: Fallen Paladin was destroyed, and thus was not in play for Odelia)

Brisk draws a card...

Brisk plays Bask in Starlight!

The target for this card is the face-down card that Odelia played! The cards in Brisk's hand gain 2 hearts!

Both face-up Reptiles and Winged Snake attack Odelia, dealing a total of 4 damage!

Spoiler: Brisk's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2021, 05:45:04 pm »

I'd do that, but..

"To check, does that include cards with 0 hearts? Draw!"

Seems this strategy backfired.

"Time to mend it I suppose. For Friendship!"

"Uh... Why now?" banished, drawThe first card flips, revealing...

"hehe, Surprise Jack. I never played Precure. Really wish you had illuminated it last turn. I forget how this resolves.." Diance shrugs.

Two more cards are played facedown. 2 Stars were spent.

"Another star, so.." banish, draw The third card flips...

Two more cards are played Facedown. No star cost.

"Anyway, time for some Vines. Better late than never."

Sorry Odelia, I don't have any damage dealers facedown.. That was just a bluff to get that card to waste turns dealing damage to 0 heart cards. I'm fully prepped to deal a nuclear blow though." Checks deck "Not that I have anything left to use. Only four cards left, one a shooting star, and the others not of any use. Cure Black, Shield of Light, and Star Shooting Through Time."

Diance's Field: 24 Hearts, 0 Stars
2 Cards in Hand

FD2 ?/?
FD4 ?/?
FD5 ?/?
FD6 ?/?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2021, 06:30:38 pm »

(For Bask in Starlight... The answer is actually yes. This was not intended when I initially created the card, and it probably should have specified "With hearts".)

Jack 'Friendship Precured'. (Draws a card, gains a heart and a star due to the effect of Friendship Precure. We all know what that does by now.)
Jack draws a card.

"I'll have to admit, that was an astoundingly good play! I'm not too sure what I would have done if I hadn't just drawn this card!"

Jack pays 1 Star to play Crusade!

All of Odelia's and Diance's cards take... 7 Damage!
(5 diance facedown cards + 1 Odelia Facedown cards + Vines)

Thorny Vine is destroyed! The face-down ones still don't flip though.

"Some of those 2 Star cards can be pretty tough. Better play it safe!"

Knight Paladin's ability activates! All face-down cards take yet 1 more damage!

"Alright. Now that there are face-down cards that can be flipped anytime, I'll activate Paladin Illuminator's effect!"

Paladin Illuminator flips Odelia's face-down card and gains 1 Attack!

This ends Jack's turn.

Spoiler: Jack's Stats (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2021, 07:49:10 pm »

Odelia's shoulders slumped. Dejectedly, she flips over Serenity Hassan

Odelia draws two cards as a matter of formality.

"I... believe it is time to forfeit. I have no cards in my deck that would be able to survive long enough to even damage your Knight Paladin, nor any of the other cards in play, let alone any other cards that would allow me to destroy it."
Spoiler: Odelia's Stats (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2021, 07:59:30 pm »

Serenities Effect destroys all cards that took damage. Which is in fact everything. Question is does it apply to cards without hearts?

Well, that's all I can do. Those Crusade is way too strong in tag matches. Though if it weren't for Reptile... Good game. Diance Forfeits. With Odelia, the winner is Brisk & Jack.

erhaps I should return to roots. Maybe ask my brother about the more professional cards. Or one that would fit in my deck, cause right now it just doesn't have enough power.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2021, 05:09:55 pm »

Later, after school, Bennie and Rose initiate a game!

By random chance, Bennie Factor takes the first turn.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2021, 06:58:51 pm »

“My draws ridiculous I got two Ace Cards in my opening hand.

Anyway I draw a card and play THIS!”

Spoiler: Bennie’s Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:24:30 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2021, 07:17:00 pm »

Edit: Posted this in the wrong thread. Whoops.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2021, 07:43:58 pm »

“I play Thorny Vines”

“This ends my turn”
Spoiler: Rose’s Field (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:54:06 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2021, 07:45:10 pm »

Note: Rose should actually have 2 Stars. One from the bank, and one from going second.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2021, 07:48:30 pm »

Note: Rose should actually have 2 Stars. One from the bank, and one from going second.
((oh, thanks, am I allowed to edit or do I just put the updated Star count here?
Spoiler: Correct Rose’s Field (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2021, 07:51:40 pm »

You can edit to correct mistakes like that, but for big things you should probably also mention it in a new post.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22