Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9847 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2021, 07:58:18 pm »

Draw!

Nagisa-san, time to shine!

"Her effect lets me target a card of your's in play, and then Gain that many Stars for myself. Thanks for the donation~ I'll be sure to pay you back later Brisk." Diance smiles cheerfully.

Diance's Field: 21 Hearts, 3! Stars
6 Cards in Hand

PreCure, Misumi Nagisa, 2 Attack, 1 Heart

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2021, 08:09:22 pm »

Jack draws a card...

Jack plays Fallen Paladin!

Fallen Paladin's effect activates and deals 1 damage to Dragon Tooth Warriors, destroying it!

This ends Jack's turn, so it is now Odelia's turn!

Spoiler: Jack's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2021, 11:18:42 pm »

'Nnhh, not good, I have one card in my deck that can do something against that but... I have to draw it, and I couldn't play it yet if I even did... The best I can do for now then, is give us a line of defense'
Odelia draws a card.

"Take aim and bring safety to this land, Arash Kamangir!"

"And to go with that..."

Spoiler: Odelia's Stats (click to show/hide)
(I'm gonna be honest, I forgot Arash had Quickplay, if I had remembered, I probably would have been doing far better against Willow far earlier)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:56:25 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2021, 11:53:11 pm »

(It is to my understanding that Magic Circuits was played on Arash Kamangir. Let me know if I am mistaken.)

Brisk draws a card...

Jack speaks! "Brisk, If Diance doesn't do anything funny, I can take care of that new card."

Brisk responds. "Underssstood. I'll leave that one to you then! In the meantime..."

Brisk plays Armored Scales!

This increases Triceratop's Hearts up to 9, and it will now take 1 less damage from all sources!

And also... Brisk plays Lurking Gecko.

Triceratops attacks PreCure: Misumi Nagisa, destroying it and taking 1 damage.

Spoiler: Brisk's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2021, 11:55:46 pm »

(yeah that's right, it's late, so I forgot to mention that in the stats, will fix)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2021, 08:42:49 am »

Rude...
draws. This would have been nice to have if my card survived.

"Let loose the flames. Pretty Cure Rouge Burning!"

"With this active, the next time one of our enemies cards is destroyed, the one they played before it is also destroyed."
Diance gesters~
"That means that Triceratops has a huge weak point, just destroy the Fallen Paladin. And it applies to cards in play at the moment, so if Fallen Paladin leaves, then the next card in line will topple it. Just make sure to take it out before that Lurking Gecko attacks."
"Granted, if it does then whatever card played that can deal with Arash would also be destroyed."

Diance's Field: 21 Hearts, 2 Stars
6 Cards in Hand

Rouge Burning: The next time an enemy card is destroyed, the card in play that they control that entered paly immediately before it is also destroyed.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:53:39 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2021, 10:39:51 am »

(my apologies, was confused)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:06:16 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2021, 11:29:52 am »

(Wrong timing, the opponent still has to go.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2021, 11:51:08 am »

IMPORTANT NOTE: Odelia's last turn has been invalidated because the next player who is to take a turn was Jack.

Jack takes a moment to read the effect of Pretty Cure Rogue Burning. "Interesting... But I see a way to avoid this. All I need to do is make sure that the Lurking Gecko is destroyed before Fallen Paladin to stop this gambit right?"

Fallen Paladin attacks Brisk's Lurking Gecko! This destroys Lurking Gecko and leaves Fallen Paladin with 1 Heart. The effect of Pretty Cure Rogue Burning activates, destroying the Fallen Paladin that was played before Lurking Gecko!

"Sorry about that Brisk. I couldn't think of a better move. And now, I'll play this!"

Jack plays Smite!

Smite deals 4 damage to Heroic Spirit: Arash Kamangir, destroying it!

Jack smirks and ends his turn, so it is now Odelia's turn!

Spoiler: Jack's Stats (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2021, 12:09:39 pm »

"Once again, mean.."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2021, 12:14:50 pm »

(sorry, I was confused from how Diance was explaining her plan, since there would be effectively no way for the plan to work unless it was my turn right after. Should I shuffle and re-do my draw?)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2021, 12:49:19 pm »

Re-doing your draw and shuffling is not required if your action did not provide you with knowledge about upcoming cards in your deck. If your action involved drawing more cards or something like that, then yes you should probably shuffle and re-do the draw.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2021, 01:17:26 pm »

(I mean, that card effect would have stuck around. Only way they got out of it was destroying their own cards. Did not expect attacking your own allies was allowed.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2021, 02:23:05 pm »

(self-attacking is certainly one of those grey areas that like, you don't expect it to be an option until it's taken, but there's rarely ever anything explicitly preventing it)

'Sigh, it was good in theory but in practice it had no chance of working.'
Odelia draws a card.
"Snrrrrrk, well, I guess at least something will work out here!"

"Take two I suppose!"

"And for Arash"

Spoiler: Odelia's Stats (click to show/hide)
(Okay, I know it looks suspicious, but holy shit I swear this is legit, I fucking cracked up when I drew that second Arash, and I had the second copy of Magic Circuits for a couple turns now. That was the reason for the Snrrk the first time around.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 11:22:30 am by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2021, 02:25:35 pm »

(self-attacking is certainly one of those grey areas that like, you don't expect it to be an option until it's taken, but there's rarely ever anything explicitly preventing it)

((G3 foreshadowed it earlier in the plot. You guys should have seen this coming.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22