Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1  (Read 13065 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1
« Reply #375 on: August 15, 2021, 04:13:49 pm »

Rulao sucks at his teeth, "Everyone's always stealin' my damn cards." He mumbles.
(rolls on the floor laughing. Such is your lot in life Rulao. Pretty sure a monster is going to steal some to complete the set.)

Oh my. That is certainly... something. Is it wrong I want to see that blush more often. What, where did you think that was going?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:15:30 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 15, 2021, 04:26:17 pm »

Odelia draws her cards. She thought her luck before was bad, but this? It was like at every turn she drew the worst possible card that would still technically "help".

A bolt of black and red lances out, tearing through the remains of the kelp forest.

Spoiler:  Odelia's Status (click to show/hide)
(god, other than that one cool moment my luck has been literally fucking rancid this match)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 04:30:16 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 15, 2021, 05:50:29 pm »

(( To be fair, at least you've a hand waiting in the wings for it's chance to shine! I'm just top-decking at this point. There's a good chance the advantage could come your way provided you draw the right stuff to grab a foothold. Like a bunch of Dragon Tooth Warriors. You've done well to shut down my draw power every chance you get, I think just being able to have so many cards at once is what gave me the win in the last two duels. The options to always have something to play. ))

Rulao's palm rested upon his deck, feeling it getting thinner and thinner by the moment. He bore no hand, his drawing engines shut down at every turn. In all honesty, from the outside looking in, it seemed the advantage was Odelia's, despite her Hearts being drained so. Those beady eyes of the punk's scanned over his one card. He gave a half-hearted chuckle and spoke firmly.

"I've got no choice but to bank it on the future. . ." He rasps. Again the near-empty field took on a crimson glow. The symbol of Rulao's tenacity burning bright between them. At the very least it grants him another card, should it help.

With it's opportunity shining, the lone Mossen Crushclaw copy strove forth, battering miss DeClaire directly for a measly single point of damage. But every little bit counted as the wire was drawn taut. One way or the other, Rulao was certain this match would be decided in the next few moves.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)

I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 15, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »

Odelia draws. Well, that was something at least.

The soldiers, disheartened, rally. One charges forward, shield held high and javelin aloft, to begin a defensive formation.

(I mean, I have a hand waiting, but uh... yeah none of it's exactly gonna shine unless I pull *exactly* the right card. Meanwhile, if your deck has three more Gandr's and I can't field something worth spending even one of them on, I just lose outright no matter what.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 08:46:28 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 15, 2021, 07:40:02 pm »

(( Just for the sake of you knowing you won't fall to such a cheap victory, I absolutely guarantee you that it couldn't be the case. ))

Rulao draws another card, making that two to his name. And no more useful than one. That much is clear on his grumbling face. Even as the thug makes no plays, he stands firm, cross armed. His stoicism here only building the game's tension, if even only in slight.

The Mossen Crushclaw copy that remains here on the field unburrows itself from the soil, marching forward without kith, nor kin to call its own. Yet even so it trudges on, smashing its brutal arm into the Roman Soldier, knocking away the man's shield. But it's hardly enough for the beast to defeat its foe.

Mossen Crushclaw copy deals 1 damage to the Roman Soldier, and escapes unscathed.

"Yo. Drills. . ." Rulao began, still standing tall. "What's a chick like you wanna struggle to master CYOGTCG anyway? What've you got on the line?" Oh how quickly the punk's tone changes, from fury to a muted curiosity toward this classmate from a completely different world.

Rulao ends his turn, those questions dancing across the field.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 15, 2021, 08:46:11 pm »

Odelia draws and blinks. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one, even if it wasn't any sort of huge play.

"Why do I play hmm? Well, in truth, this game and its connection to history are fascinating. Think about it. Souls? Monsters? Cards that simply manifest from energy and willpower? All of it was at best unproven, at worst would have been laughed off as fiction. Now, CYOGTCG exists, and with it, we've proven that humans and animals alike have souls, we've proven that monsters exist. How much of myth and legend was real, and we just didn't know because it was all just... gone by the modern day?"

Another soldier joins his partner in line, placing himself in front of his unprotected comrade

"So in the end, it's not about what I stand to lose. All of my own that I could lose is my dignity. It's about what humanity has already lost, things that I refuse to rest until we've found."

The undefended soldier rushes forward with his companion, and the two work in concert, the new arrival using his shield to bash a crack in the mossy shell, while the shieldless soldier drove his javelin through the hole and out the other side, but not without the claw carving a gash in his side.
(weakened Roman Soldier attacks with newly increased attack power, takes one damage but kills the Crushclaw)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 15, 2021, 09:42:27 pm »

Rulao draws another card, making his hand three. As his Mossen Crushclaw is wiped away by the growing legion, his brow raises at the sight of his cards. "Yeah. . ?" He rasps, listening in to Odelia's reasoning intently, even as his focus never wanes from the duel. "I definitely don't like the idea of monsters runnin' round." He says, grasping tight one of his cards.

"This SOUL of mine. . . I've decided." As his beady eyes glare over toward the woman across from him, full of that brash determination, he raises the card above his head. "I'm gonna use it to wipe 'em all out. . . That means I gotta be strong enough to BEAT YA!"

He slams the card down, burning bright, the symbol of his resolve. Backing down, fear, trepidation, those weren't plays in his book. With his bare chest facing the growing army ahead, the Crimson Claw shone brightly on his side of the field. A testament for the future.

"So bring it on why don't'cha!!" He bellowed.

Spoiler: RULAO'S STATUS (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 16, 2021, 07:58:31 am »

(Whatever card he plays is going to be massively buffed.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2021, 01:17:56 pm »

(Well then, I've just gotta be sure my cards are buff enough to hold it back.)

"A good goal if I've ever heard one. Maybe in the future, you will be one of the heroes stories are written of." Odelia draws a card. "As long as you remember that no hero has ever gotten where they are alone."

Another Shielded soldier joins up with his companions on the front line, the two forming a wall for their wounded ally.

"Now then, you want me to bring it on? So be it. ATTACK!"

The soldiers heft their javelins, and the holographic throwing spears fly forth into Rulao himself, striking true to drain him of 6 hearts.
(Roman Soldiers A and B attack directly for a total of 6 damage)

(So maybe I wasn't right about getting a third Roman Soldier not being a big play. At this point I just need to draw just the right card soon enough.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 01:47:14 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2021, 01:48:47 pm »

He draws a card, now's the only chance he'd get, knowing full well it'd just be a stop-gap before the legion grew strong enough to destroy him. With a will, Rulao slams a card into play.

Twisting flames the earth below the soldiers' boots. Entwined symbols of the Crimson claw cascade downward, disappearing anticlimacticly below the sand of the desiccated shore. Then, after a few moments more, the whole field began to rumble and cry out! The fround shifted and cracked from what tunnled forth below. First it's two elongated pincers broke free from the bonds of the earth, burning with a passionate roar. It's tremendous body emerged, with great piercing legs. This spider-crab stood titanically looming over the Romans as a 7/10.

Then, just under its feet, Odelia could make out the miniscule glowing crustacean, clinging on to the beast. Another Cosmic Isopod appeared. And with that, the forward gazing Rulao ends his turn. Fully expecting Odelia's next move.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2021, 02:03:24 pm »

This was not a foe to be taken lightly. Could she destroy it with what she had now? Certainly. But the costs would be immense. Then again... if she didn't draw the card she needed within these two turns, it would be the same regardless. No, it didn't matter, she had to hold on.

Marching up besides the Roman formation comes a French Spearman

"Hold the line men!"

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 02:06:30 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2021, 02:23:23 pm »

The beast nary backs down before the gathering army, their spears no more than toothpicks against its adversity-hardened shell. But the mustering army is further taken aback by the bolt of pure energy that slams into their formation!

It streaks forward, through the heart of the most recently played Roman Soldier, destroying him from within.

Runic Magecraft: Gandr deals 3 damage to Roman Soldier³. Destroying it.

Now, with their strength disrupted, the collossal Longarm Snatcher surges forward, one mighty swing of it's claw shatters the bones of the second legionairre.

Longarm Snatcher destroys Roman Soldier², recieving 2 damage in return.

Leaving now only the Frenchman and the 1/1 Roman left on Odelia's side of the field. Yet even still the punk's expression does not change. "A hero. . ." He mutters. "I don't give a damn 'bout that neither."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 16, 2021, 03:12:57 pm »

She winces. The use of gandr had successfully cracked open her defenses to a degree that she couldn't simply trust her defensive line to hold against. She draws...

There, she had a path through all of this if she absolutely needed it.

The sound of steel clashing against steel. The Spearmans body lights up with glowing lines that quickly fade from sight.

"Hold on soldiers, salvation is coming!"

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 16, 2021, 03:39:20 pm »

"Fer yer sake." He wheezes, drawing a card, "I hope that's the case!" Forcefully as ever does Rulao cast down a card.

From between the legs of the mammoth crab, specular though not as nebulic as the Cosmic Isopod before it, a new Crustacean comes into focus. Sheltering below the Longarm Snatcher, it's elongated stalk eyes swirl with mesmerizing patterns. The odd shrimp dances to and fro, drawing all attention to itself from the soldiers across. Before they realize it, they've been put under its spell. Their tongues mixed, their identities swapped, history upturned!

The effects of Roman Soldier and French Soldier (100 Years War) become switched.

The French Soldier's attack will always equal the number of Roman Soldiers in play. . . Of which now there is only one. The power imbued upon him malfunctions as he his taken, grasped by the elongated pincers of the Snatcher and torn apart.

Longarm Snatcher attacks and destroys the French Soldier!

(( Not really sure here if the Magic Circuits effect circumvents the Roman Soldier effect of 'always equals' or not. Might need Supernerd to rule on that one. Whether or not they would have 1 or 2 attack when destroyed by the Snatcher. ))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 16, 2021, 03:47:59 pm »

(not to mention, what happens to a Roman Soldier, whose stats are decided by its effect, when it loses the effect?)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 03:50:26 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27