Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1  (Read 13070 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2021, 08:04:50 pm »

"Flood the field Rulao! Sorry Odelia, good luck to you too."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2021, 08:52:43 pm »

Odelia places Deck A down on the table. She hasn't quite been able to refine and synergize Deck B yet, so she's not exactly planning on making use of it until then.

"So, this is the final match in the tournament. My last two opponents made me fight tooth and nail for every Heart of damage dealt. I hope you can do the same."

Odelia draws her starting hand, and then...

"I play Dragon Tooth Warriors."
Several large fangs embed themselves into the ground, and a pair of sharp, headless skeletons with vicious jaws and wielding strange bone weapons pull themselves up from the ground from where the first two landed. The other three remain buried.

Spoiler:  Odelia's Status (click to show/hide)
(Just like as portrayed in FSN, Dragon Tooth Warriors clustered together too tightly may as well be sharing the same one hitpoint.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 08:54:52 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 13, 2021, 10:35:52 pm »

'This is it. . .' With each step more weighty than the last, Rulao ascended the raised platform, silently admiring the tech that the school decided to bring out for the event. Even if it were just a handful of freshman nobodies, they were still the future of CYOGTCG. He was getting more and more pumped by the moment. The punk crested the holographic field, deck materializing to which he slammed down with a tremendous force on one side.

Those beady eyes of his squinted, his brows furrowed and his strong jaw cut the tension rippling through the air, all of Odelia's words glanced off the intense aura that twisted and whiled about him. "G3. . ." His words rumbled, traveling up from that firm stance of his and bellowing out across the gymnasium.

With a fist clenched beside, and eyes shut firm, he spoke, determination in his voice, "I struggled hard to get here, haven't lost a match since. I defeated monsters, an' cheatin' cowardly decks. I've overcome every obstacle in my path to face ya here. . ." He threw his hand forward, his tempered will across the stage, "To defeat the man I respect!"

Silence fell over the gymnasium.

Rulao's eyes affixed on his foe.

Gazing beyond those skeletal soldiers, toward. . .

His. . . Dainty, mega-drill haired foe. . .

After several moments more, all the hot air deflated from his bravado. "Uh. . . Who the hell are you?"

His voice trails off. The guy doesn't even manage to draw his starting hand.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 10:38:45 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 13, 2021, 11:30:25 pm »

The announcer comments. "Um. It was actually Ms. De Clare who was victorious in the left bracket. You'll have to settle for defeating the person who beat the guy you respect instead..."

A bit later, the announcer comments, just a bit awkwardly. "Oh hold on. You said the man you respect is G3? I thought you meant Azazel. Well then... I guess you'll have to settle for defeating the girl who defeated the guy who defeated the guy you respect. That is, if you can!"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2021, 11:50:33 pm »

Rulao's eyes fall down toward the technical board below. His palms down upon it. "I see." His voice eased out, meekly so.

The punk continues gazing downward, slowly drawing cards into his hand. "I see." He continues, a little more forcefully, rising up to meet Odelia's eyes.

His rough hands pull a card from the bunch, splaying it outward as a toothy grin creaks widely across that face of his. "I see now!" He firmly presses, placing the card down, his SOUL analyzed by the machine. "ALL I GOTTA DO IS CHARGE THROUGH YOU TO GET TO G3!!" He roars, skittering from 'neath the churning sea appears a specular crustacean. Starlight emanating from its dazzling body.

But that's not all, for such a miniscule creature could not hope to challenge the warriors beyond the field. Beside it, the waters swell, a great derelict emerges as the tide rushes forth. The massive Shipwreck Hermit appears! A star taken away from Rulao's two. And with that his turn is over.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2021, 12:34:40 am »

Odelia makes a discomforted face at the sudden awkward atmosphere. G3, ah, so the home grown 'chosen one' had already picked up a rival trope, only to be himself and lose his first round. She raises a hand to her mouth, clears her throat and returns to her dignified expression.

"I ah, do apologize if I'm not who you expected. If I remember correctly you were put off by your first cards not being as mighty as your theme implied. I'm glad to see that issue has been resolved!" Odelia draws a card.

Her eyes widen, she blinks. "Oh my, how rude of me, I do believe I never introduced myself. My name is Odelia De Clare, heir to the De Clare family."

"And as much as it may hurt, I do not intend to lose now that I have fought tooth and nail to get this far."

A rank of spearmen is seen, almost ghostly in appearance, as though barely there, one steps forward into the light, taking on solidity as he does.

And if Odelia remembered correctly, a card didn't need to have any attack, in order to attack another card, which means...

"Cut down that Cosmic Isopod my Dragon Tooth Warriors."

The pair of skeletons rush up quicker and with greater agility than their skeletal figures and rickety stance would suggest, one of them hefting its far larger weapon as it runs, it brings the boney greatsword down, cleaving the Isopod in two down the length of its shimmering shell.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2021, 01:02:17 am »

"Don't act like I ain't faught just as hard." He growls, a scowl across his face as the drill haired fop sees through his draw engine. Rulao draws a card, looking onward, a star still sparkling in the air before his field. "But I don't give a damn 'bout some holographic shit. The challenge's all I need, so you better show me yer stuff too!"

Quick! He casts down another Cosmic Isopod, the image of the creeping critter emerges from the cracks and crevices in the Hermit's algae strewn shell.

Shining bright, the Isopod's nebulic power pulses, and the sea surges forth. Half-submerged a new feature takes form. Many a swaying tree of seaweed spawn, hiding all the critters of the deep.

From his hand, the punk casts another card into the discard pile. The forest of kelp parts between the great legs of the Shipwreck Hermit, something strange, an indecipherable sight appears. There, in an infinite display of colour the Dragon Tooth Warriors and French Soldier are caught in its spell. Only then, the segmented Mesmer Mantis, the strange little shrimp skitters ahead. Odelia's creatures' effects are swapped!

"Riiiight! Crush them skeletons Hermit!" Rulao bellows, throwing a fist forward, and so his beast does as commanded, swinging its immense limbs to shatter the Dragon Tooth Warriors, far beyond repair. And from there his turn is over.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2021, 12:45:24 pm »

Odelia draws... she may have made a mistake making her deck this way.

"I play Ath nGabla, and select your Shipwreck Hermit and Kelp Forest."

Lines of bloody red light carve through the ground, forming rings, and patterns, and carving four runes into the outermost edges, the light flashes, and the circle remains, surrounding the Hermit and cutting off a chunk of the kelp forest. The curse is set, only one may leave.

"Now, French Soldier, cut into his kelp forest!"

The soldier rushes in, and sweeps his spear back and forth, slicing kelp and knocking aside crustaceans alike with the sharp head of his polearm.

(and, for the record, remember that both parties selected by Ath nGabla attack. So all the damage is dealt twice as long as the first clash go doesn't kill one of them.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2021, 01:12:17 pm »

"Ya gonna try some tricky shit like that Buzz-cut too?" He mused aloud, a reflection of those runes dazzling the Hermit's stalk eyes. Rulao draws a card, a third Cosmic Isopod happens into his hand, so without much thought set to it, he discards the little creature. A 1/1 copy emerges from 'twixt the seaweed trees, skittering onto the field with skewering limbs.

Then, as his field grew, Rulao cast down his next card, a claw burning red!

He draws another card as flaming brand of the Crimson Claw sets his seaside of the field all aglow, waiting for whom its great power would imbue.

As the symbol blazed above, Rulao casts a parting glance across his massive Shipwreck Hermit, taken by the mind-altering power of Ath nGabala. "Go." He rasped, his words just enough to shake the beast to its senses. Dredging itself over from his side, the Hermit raises up it's great body, and crashes down with full force upon the Frenchman. Only, their spear struck true, ending both their lives. The Shipwreck Hermit attacks the French soldier destroying them both. Only then do the runes of light dissipate from the Kelp Forest, allowing the Mesmer Mantis copy to peek its odd-eyes out once more. It surges forth! Dealing a single point of damage to Odelia directly.

"Makin' me choose between my cards like that. . ." He throws a fist forward, bellowing all the while, "If yer anything like that Bennie kid, I ain't showing you a shred of mercy, Drills!"

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2021, 02:39:25 pm »

Odelia draws her card

"If it helps, those were just made to stop people from ignoring my own forces, but I certainly won't begrudge the extra functionality." She plays the card.

Tower shield raised and javelin held ready, a roman legionnaire charges onto the field, taking a defensive position.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2021, 03:26:40 pm »

Rulao picks the next card up off of his deck and with a will he plays it immediately. The field rumbles as cracked stones, smoothed rocks, and mounds of gravel take form where the Skittering Crustaceans hide midst their forest. Seawater surges again and again as waves batter now the Frothing Shore between Odelia's field and Rulao's.

But this is not merely some pleasant sight. Across, the sea does glow with an awesome power as the Symbol of the Crimson Claw is stricken to it. Waves grow more forceful, the ocean life teems with its master's fury, a true force of nature takes hold! The Frothing Shore becomes a 3/7, imbued with the power of the Crimson Claw.

But even so, yet another head peaks out through the Kelp Forest as it swirls in torment under the duress of these whelming waves. Rulao discards another card from his hand, leaving but one therein.

An old Lobster emerges, ancient as it is. Marked by the moss coating its hard shell. Perhaps as bullheaded as ever, Rulao crashes his copies of the Mesmer Mantis and Isopod into the Roman legion, beset is he by scything claws and crushing mandibles. Yet these are mere cuts, standing firm still is their quarry. Mesmer Mantis and 1/1 Cosmic Isopod attack the legionaire, bringing them to 1 Heart and destroying some of Rulao's field advantage.

"Don't expect me to monologue about how I already won or nothin' like that. . ." He wheezes, ending his turn. "I ain't countin' you out 'til the games over."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2021, 03:52:00 pm »

Odelia draws her card

One of the still yet buried fangs erupts, another Dragon Tooth Warrior pulling itself from the ground.

And Odelia draws again.

The snapping of jaws sounds. Lines of light erupt, weaving around the bones of the sole Dragon Tooth Warrior, before fading from sight.

"Continue tearing down that kelp my Soldier, deny the enemy of their numbers."
The Roman hefts his javelin, throwing it true as it tears through kelp and skewers another crab as the soldier pulls forth another.

(Now I'm beginning to regret a particular change I made to my deck. Only slightly though.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 04:02:50 pm by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2021, 04:28:31 pm »

Another card drawn, then another card discarded, no doubt he'd get as much value as he could muster from that Forest before it saw the end of its days. Another great claw parted the chopped and wilted stalks of their Kelp Biome, endangered by the approaching army. Another Mossen Crushclaw emerged to swim beside its kin.

"Dont'cha dare threaten the home'a these lil' guys!" He belted out, playing his next card.

As the soulful card is cast upon the machine, the images of the crustaceans and their eyes took on an embered hue, not unlike the churning sea. One of the Mossen Crushclaws dash forward from a swell, with a haste unbefore seen, its brutish claw snapping the Roman Soldier in two, with no time to retaliate. Then, one moredoes the Frothing Shore ripple, wavescrashing upon the rocks with haste. In moments the empowered skeletal warriors are engulfed by the brine!

With her field empty, the rage of the few Crustaceans opposite are beset upon her for endangering their clutches deep in the kelp. Claw and shell, waves and stones!

The newly played Mossen Crushclaw copy immediately attacks Roman Soldier. Destroying it.
While the Frothing Shore immediately destroys her Dragon Tooth Warrior.
The Kelp Forest is forced to attack the Cosmic Isopod though nothing comes of it. While the 0/1 Isopod destroys itself upon the Frothing Shore.
Then the remaining Crushclaw immediately attacks Odelia directly dealing one damage.

Finally the Frothing Shore and Mossen Crushclaw copy attack her normally for an additional four damage!

With his hand emptied, another card is swept into Rulao's hand by the tumultuous sea. He beamed a glare his opponent's way, "Outnumbered an' outgunned. What's yer answer Drills!?" The punk was hyped, though it was by no means the overconfident type, he was thrilled having made it this far, so surely she too would display her strength.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2021, 04:32:19 pm »

Yeah. No offense to Odelia-san, but that type of agression is something she didn't have any answer to last time I checked. she thinks not knowing about Crusade having watched Rulao's match.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2021, 05:20:22 pm »

Odelia drew in a breath through clenched teeth, she draws a card.

'Nnngh, no good options, there's nothing I can do here to push back this board... except...'

An aurora of pastel light shines over the field

Odelia draws once again.

'Well, this would have been helpful last turn, before things took a turn for the worst. Now though...'

The scene vanishes. The raging tide, the stormed shoreline, the marching army, gone. In its place, is a field, toned in sepia. In the center lies a large stone, and a blade stuck hilt-deep into it. A girl and man approach the stone, the girl is small even for her relatively young age, while the man in his long and concealing robe holds his free hand upon her shoulder. The girl walks away from the man, grabs hold of the sword, and pulls. A brilliant golden light breaks through the dull sepia as the girl herself shines into brilliant color.

The scene returns, the seas, the armies both chitin and steel. But now, stood between them and facing out to the sea, is the girl, not a day older. Her body is garbed in a brilliant blue dress with shining steel plating, hands resting upon the pommel of an invisible blade wreathed in wind, and a crown rests atop her head. The army cheers, the King has come, they would not fall this day.

(Ah yes, Crusade. Woulda been great if I had fucking drawn it yet.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:22:26 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27