Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1  (Read 13094 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 1
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2021, 06:15:24 pm »

His mind was occupied, as the sun set, the messy pomp-wearing punk meandered home through quiet suburbia, every now and then, a little car whizzes by, blinding those beady eyes of his. 'Why do I give a damn so much about some school tourney?' He mused, the though bouncing around his roomy skull. He'd only been playing CYOGTCG for two days, and yet the game has completely consumed his every moment. Guess he was just like that deadbeat after all. . .

Out of the whimsy swirling around his heart, Rulao wandered off the beaten path, cutting through a small playground that he and his father used to visit together before the man disappeared. Different times, days when his mother would smile. . . Rulao could seem him now, the clean-shaven, sharp jaw of his old man's mug, waving to him with one hand stuffed in that dark leather jacket from behind the swings. The memory infuriated the angsty teen, and as it melted away there sat something else by that swingset. A nebulous shape wreathed in shadow, Rulao couldn't make anything out but the thing's piercing eyes as it barreled toward him. His heart raced, both he and the creature manifested their decks. "This's what I need." He rasped, "Yer the perfect trainin' fer my SOUL!"

As Rulao roared, he drew his hand, grinning at all the possibilities of his new cards. He plays first, a Cosmic Isopod.

The creature gives him the star he missed out on from taking the initiative, no big deal, but he spends it immediately!

The Symbol of the Crimson Claw comes next, allowing him to draw another card, with that, he throws down another Cosmic Isopod! This time enhanced by the symbol burned in its back, giving the creature a total of 3 Attack and 4 Hearts!

With that, he gains another star and ends his turn. "Show me whatcha got, ya freak."

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
I've lost control of my life.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2021, 07:23:03 pm »

The monster draws a card...

The monster plays Roberto!

Cosmic Isopod is randomly selected to take 2 damage!
... More specifically, the FIRST Cosmic Isopod was, and it is destroyed.

This ends the Monster's turn.

Spoiler: Monster's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 03, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »

Rulao draws his next card and remarks, "That's a strong lil' guy ya got there. Not bad monster."

The punk thumbs at his nose as the first Isopod vanishes, he'll spend the other star he was given to throw down the Shipwreck Hermit!

"Now, my enhanced lil' guy'll destroy this robot lf yers." The buffed Cosmic Isopod attacks Roberto, destroying it and leaving themself with two hearts.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 03, 2021, 08:02:07 pm »

The monster draws a card...

It plays Robo-attack!

Cosmic Isopod takes 1 Damage!
Shipwreck Hermit takes 1 Damage!
Shipwreck Hermit takes 1 Damage!

This ends its turn.

Spoiler: Monster's Stats (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2021, 08:10:38 pm »

"I think I see what yer going for. . ." The punk wheezes, ripping the next card off the top of his deck into his hand. "But maybe ya oughta think twice 'bout gamblin'!"

Rulao throws down The Fall of Man!

With the call to arms, both the Shipwreck Hermit and the Crimson Clawed Cosmic Isopod attack! Dealing 5 damage straight to the heart of the monster. But that's not all, they can still attack normally this turn! The two crustaceans charge once more, trampling the monster's empty field and attacking again for 5 damage. . !

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2021, 08:12:21 pm »

((Well that was fast.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2021, 08:18:29 pm »

Rulao succeeded in fending off the monster!

The monster speeds away, dropping a card as it does so! There's nothing stopping you from taking it, but... Well... Maybe ya oughta think twice 'bout gamlin'?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2021, 08:35:01 pm »

For a moment, Rulao watches the card float until it loses what power was within it and falls to the ground. It draws those beady eyes and bull head of his in, forcing them to gaze upon it. The punk bends to one knee, and picks the 'Robo-Attack' up between his thumb and index finger. The feeling is odd, not quite like his own cards, nor the slightly different touch of his shared cards with Rose. . .

Still he smirks, "Yeah. . . This'll be a trophy." He rasps, standing up and slinging his jacket on over a shoulder. Before he can help it, the card is absorbed into his SOUL, an even stranger feeling creeping up his spine. But he shakes it away. "These monsters ain't so tough, not bad fer practice though." With that, Rulao strides again towards home, leaving behind those pleasant afternoon memories of his father in the playground.

Who knows what would've happened if he left the card there? Some vague thoughts of his classmates' misremembered words came and went through his mind. It would be best if someone who was tough, who could handle it gathered those cards. . . Or so he thought.

Maybe the kid was just lucky this night. He couldn't shake an odd ominous notion even as his quick victory fueled his confidence.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2021, 07:52:03 pm »

Later, at the New Semester Tournament Freshman Division, Azazel goes up against G3 in the first round!

"Starting things off, its a battle between the two most poorly behaved students! Azazel versus G3!"

As determined by a large novelty coin flip, Azazel takes the first turn!

Azazel draws a card...

Azazel plays Hydra!

G3 gains a Star.

This ends Azazel's turn.

Spoiler: Azazel's Stats (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2021, 10:03:46 pm »

(Okay, just from first glance that's a cool looking card. I want it.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 05, 2021, 10:59:15 pm »

G3 blows kisses to the audience as he walks to the match, taking a bow as he reaches his place.

"Didn't I just beat you yesterday? Guess destiny says you're ready for more. For some reason I feel like I really need to face Rulao in the finals match so I'm going all out today!"

He looks at the hydra with casual interest. "Didn't see that one. Afraid to play it in doubles or is it new? Either way it looks like your best card statwise. Too bad for you your best will never match mine."

"Thanks for the extra star by the way. With this I should be able to one hit kill that tentacle generator you relied on last match. And anything else you might think to play. Just in case you're hoping two hydra will take her out..."

"She comes with friends. I summon Cheer Squad with its effect and use the boost on Best Girl."

G3's field: 0 Star 20 Hearts 34 Deck
Best Girl 9/7
Cheer Squad 0/2

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 05, 2021, 11:07:12 pm »

Azazel draws a card.

Azazel comments. "... Unique?"
The announcer chimes in. "The unique keyword indicates that only a single copy of a card can be included in your deck. It has no gameplay effects once the game actually starts."

Azazel plays Fallen Paladin!

Best Girl takes 1 damage, reducing it to 6 Hearts.
Hydra attacks Cheer Squad, destroying it!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 05, 2021, 11:21:52 pm »

"I'm not sure why everyone loves that card so much. It isn't even cute."

"She recovers the recent damage dealt and gets a tiny bit stronger! It would have done more if you hadn't rudely interrupted the cheering."

Best Girl destroys Hydra!

G3's field: 0 Star 20 Hearts 33 Deck
Best Girl 10/3

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 05, 2021, 11:27:48 pm »

Azazel draws a card...

Azazel responds. "Well, the reason I like it is because it annoys the heck out of Jake Jokeson that the card he made to make fun of us turned out to be super efficient. That, and now I can do this!"

Azazel plays Fallen Paladin!

Fallen Paladin's effect deals 1 damage to Best Girl
The Fallen Paladin that was already in play attacks Best Girl, and both attacker and defender are destroyed!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 05, 2021, 11:34:28 pm »

"I'm not supposed to antagonize Jake as part of a long prophecy that may end in my doom if I don't antagonize him. Anyway think you could give me another star?"

Cheer Squad! cheers itself in a manner similar to its user!

G3's field: 0 Star 20 Hearts 32 Deck
Cheer Squad 1/3

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27