Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: U, Robot II - Game Over - Humans Win  (Read 13824 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: U, Robot II - D4 - Final Tricks
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »

Only twelve hours because there wasn't much activity and I was a little bored. Now I don't have until the deadline, I have until NJW's deadline. I can call their bluff and do nothing, but I might as well shoot them in that case. I don't think much is going to change at this point.

Sorry, but notquitethere.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2021, 06:02:44 pm »

notquitethere was killed! They were a robot.

Game over! Humans prefuzek and NJW2000 win!

Robot chat

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2021, 06:06:39 pm »

TricMagic shot me for no reason. I'm kind of pissed. They gave me no warning or heads up in scum chat.

Did Tric really think they'd get towncred by killing one of their own allies immediately? They should think about how reckless that action would have been as a human and how it doesn't make sense from a human POV. I would shoot them every time as a human if I saw that.

Pref is the MVP here for not only killing two robots, but deducing the other human at the start of the game.

NJW2000 played well too by killing Webadict with good reasoning.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2021, 06:08:31 pm »

That was quite entertaining to watch.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2021, 06:10:28 pm »

My reason is because that is what I would do as a human after your posts. Not doing so would be seen as weird.

Of course, then a surprise doctor's trip knocked me out of any serious thought-making for the rest of the day, and I got shot overnight.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2021, 06:10:55 pm »

Hey, I thought TricMagic earned some Town cred for shooting Toony!  Then blew it quickly thereafter, but still...

Good job humans, you did a great job!

At the end, I figured that NJW2000 was human, and that the smart play was to have either NQT or Pref take the shot on the other, since only one of them could.
NQT sorta gave themselves away right at the end, but without the ability to kill, they were in a tight spot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2021, 06:18:45 pm »

@TricMagic:
Your "shoot everyone" plan stops working when it's final 3. Fake paranoia can only get you so far as a robot. Robots don't want to be in a F3 in the first place as they have no options left.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2021, 06:29:45 pm »

@Toonyman: But Robot!Tric has to play like Human!Tric, so I fail to see any other options.
Seriously, you robots should have just shot Tric first...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2021, 06:34:01 pm »

We were likely going to shoot Tric on D1 depending on how it went.

Every player in the game wanted to shoot Tric after they shot me on D1. It was incredibly destructive, if Tric was human they would have thrown the game as the other human would have killed them on D2. Brilliant move as either alignment.

Diagram:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Me in scum chat
You can try whatever you like Tric. I do recommend not voting anyone though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:44:24 pm by ToonyMan »

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2021, 06:39:15 pm »

My reason is because that is what I would do as a human after your posts. Not doing so would be seen as weird.
Nah, because it was so out of the blue, even if it was the thing you would do as human, we would never have known that. If your human instinct is to behave suspiciously you shouldn't emulate that as a robot.f

@Toony - Awesome.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2021, 07:33:21 pm »

Well played all!

While I have an almost opposite idea of what good play in this game is to Pref's, looking back on it he really was the key player. He picked up on Tric's slip so fast it raised my suspicions, and giving Tric the chance to kill robots was smart. We would have been in a tougher situation on the last day if pref didn't have a fairly good idea of who was who.

NQT was pretty formidable, there was a period I was pretty sure he was human. This made me more passive rather than less, as he wasn't on my case. I think things might have gone better for him if he had claimed to be suspicious of me rather than Pref towards the end though - that could have created a three way symmetry in which humans lost if I shot first, which I might well have under pressure. Not sure how foreseeable that was.

Dunno about Tric's play, although I'd like to note that I suspected robot actions were to some extent uncoordinated after that. Good fun in any case.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2021, 04:04:05 am »

I might have been actually formidable if I was able to get in the thread and post this week, but then that might have just given myself more rope to hang me by. At the end I was relying on NJW getting in thread and killing Pref first. Good game by town here, Prefuzek made the right call.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2021, 08:17:56 am »

One thing I'd like to note is that there were a couple of serious issues with the robot play beyond anything Tric did. I don't like making this post, as a lot of it is directed at people better than me at mafia, but I want to establish that this wasn't one player throwing the game.

So I understand why Toony might be especially annoyed, but there were still things the robot team could have done better aside from the uncoordinated first kill. You were playing against two people with deep differences over what counts as decent play, there was definitely some room for maneuver.

I will be reading over Pref's play, trying to work out why the things I disliked so much about it were actually good, considering they won the game for us.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2021, 10:45:30 am »

One thing I'd like to note is that there were a couple of serious issues with the robot play beyond anything Tric did. I don't like making this post, as a lot of it is directed at people better than me at mafia, but I want to establish that this wasn't one player throwing the game.

So I understand why Toony might be especially annoyed, but there were still things the robot team could have done better aside from the uncoordinated first kill. You were playing against two people with deep differences over what counts as decent play, there was definitely some room for maneuver.

I will be reading over Pref's play, trying to work out why the things I disliked so much about it were actually good, considering they won the game for us.
Yeah, calling me an asshat was a fun play... It was at that point I kinda didn't really give a fuck.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2021, 11:41:20 am »

When I read everyone's beginning posts it became clear that we would need NJW to shoot Pref and not the other way around.

Webadict's attitude did cost them their life, but I don't blame them for not knowing whether NJW would shoot them over it. They could have possibly responded better but none of us know the correct response.

Looking at the flow of kills logically:

1. NJW proclaims they're going to shoot Web unless something happens, this is strongly tied to their previous posts with Web which call him out for being a robot.

2. Tric shoots me out of nowhere.
I can no longer contribute to the scum team while Tric looks scummy.

3. NJW follows through and shoots Web regardless, since Tric's shot makes Web even more likely a robot.
Web can no longer contribute to the scum team, very likely was dead regardless of Tric's shot.

4. Pref proclaims they're going to shoot Tric, they have every reason in the world to shoot Tric just like every player left alive.
Before Web died they thought our only hope now was to push Tric as an insane human, a "dumb fucking plan" as he put it.

5. Pref shoots Tric.

6. Pref thinks NQT is scummier than NJW.

7. NJW proclaims they're going to shoot Pref if they don't shoot.

8. Pref shoots NQT.
Game over.

By point 6 NQT's best chance would have been to pressure NJW to shoot before Pref, but I think NQT was busy this week so their activity was less and they probably weren't thinking of their best winning move. NQT had fake reasons for why Pref was a robot and NJW was the other human, which is maybe why they didn't pursue this line of attack.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7