Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26136 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((No I mean you could have Dragon Tooth + Magic Circuit + Arash since DT and Arash are both quickplay.))
(I expounded on my reasoning, but it seems you already quoted before I could finish editing)

(I guess like... would it be cheating to go back and expand on your turn after posting? Not because you made a mistake, but just because you realized you would rather do something more/different and your opponent hasn't started their own turn yet?)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:39:07 pm by Failbird105 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Hidden, hmmm? Maybe a basement of some sort?

Rose looks for some sort of basement/lower level to search for the soul crystal. She waters the sow thistle before heading down. ”I don’t know if you can hear, but I will try giving you a soul. The thing giving the souls might be somewhere dark, but unless the area’s really big we shouldn’t take more than 1/12 of a night” (one hour but plants don’t know our arbitrary time units)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

G3 thinks of something stupid again. The GM refrains from mentioning this until after he finishes picking up the mess that he almost certainly made. Then the GM mentions that a janitor is by definition someone who is employed to clean up and that G3 wouldn't qualify as being a janitor because he isn't getting paid for the service. Either way, talking to himself does not cause him to be any more doomed than before.

---

For some reason, Rose decides to start bringing the weed along with her with the absurd intention of endowing it with a soul for reasons I do not understand in the slightest. Come to think of it, you don't actually know where the basement is. There isn't an obvious entrance to that place that you can find or if that is even where the crystal thingy would be...

---

Oh, I figured I should mention my new idea. If anyone feels that they need even more CYOGTCG... Consider making a CYOGTCG Arms Race! I mean, think about it!
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

If I'm not being payed, am I a slave of the school system? Maybe I really am doomed!

Clearly rose just wants her own Jade. But a plant version.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I figured I should mention my new idea. If anyone feels that they need even more CYOGTCG... Consider making a CYOGTCG Arms Race! I mean, think about it!
(Something like that was actually attempted at one point, was nice, but unfortunately fell through.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:09:51 am by Failbird105 »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( If I wasn't running the other game that I currently am, which takes me far too long to write turns for, I'd probably consider doing another RP based CYOGTCG much like this one. Maybe that'll be another project in the future. The concept is just tooooo rife with flavor, so many different ways you can go about it, from both a player and GM standpoint. ))
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Cool thing number 1: people die when they are killed.)

(also, gonna be honest, it legit just took me this long to figure out how to respond to that card that just got played(aside from about an hour spent on dinner), because it legit felt utterly devastating to me.)
Yeah... He has some silly cards. That one is undoubtedly his ace monster. (Also, you had best hope for good draws. Otherwise things get worse.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yyyyeah there's... honestly this is just game over here and now. I have exactly two cards in my entire deck that can deal with this before it utterly annihilates any chance of victory on my end, and I have to draw them literally right now.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 12:52:16 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I have another Regeneration too. So it will be back. Also another Mind Flayer in hand, and Kitty. One of the changes I made to the deck was adding a second copy. His deck is a bit silly when it comes to ruining slow build up decks. Want to play as him in the final match?)

(Your best bet would have been to remove him from the board immediately. Arash is super good for that. Maybe create a support card for him?)

(Luck to draw. I spent most of my match with Rulao getting lucky. Till it ran out.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Honestly, if I was to play as him, it would just be a revenge play against Azazel. I was literally given Crusade to be a counter to that deck and it turns out that literally just fucking Smite would have been a better one.

My deck isn't even slow build, I can legit just do everything I need to all but win in as little as two turns with enough luck, it's just that you had better luck and a hard counter to my whole deck.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 01:15:40 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Honestly had you waited a turn you would have annihilated it. As is, you saw a build up of weak cards and destroyed them. Wholesale. Also makes me very very glad to have Mint Protection now.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Honestly had you waited a turn you would have annihilated it. As is, you saw a build up of weak cards and destroyed them. Wholesale. Also makes me very very glad to have Mint Protection now.)
(I acted when I did because, as it was, it looked like "make a build-up of weak cards/walls and then empower them into monsters" seemed like Azazels gimmick. I wasn't expecting a completely unrelated "already a monster to be buffed further" card to be played, and I also felt like I needed an answer to both the Paladin and the Biome, since both were major threats at the time.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Anyway, Move? And that is very much Ruao's gimmick. A swarm of weak cards leading into him empowering his cards into Monsters. He'll keep beating you down until you can no longer keep up. And then beat you down again. And before you can even counter again. [I am still going to do my best though.])

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(... so I may have somewhat been overreacting.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(... so I may have somewhat been overreacting.)
(Feeling lucky? And yes, you do still have a card that while not as good as smite is still strong.)

(Now may be time to begin panicking.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:43:55 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48