Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25930 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

At first, Rulao didn't have much of a positive opinion of the reptile toting Brisk, not because of anything the guy did, mind you. But rather, the punk just seemed to assume the worst of people before he got to know them. He was silent for a while on their walk down the quiet streets of the suburbs, seething with no real reason.

Until Brisk produced their next card that is.

Almost immediately, the pompadoured kid's beady eyes lit up, "Woah! That's freakin' rad!" He exclaimed, looking on over to the. . . Thing, that Brisk created from his soul. Somehow, the creature impressed Rulao, so much so that he nearly grabbed the card to force it into his hastily scrabbled together deck. But he managed to calm himself, "I'll definitely have one of those." He said, while the trio continued their trip home. "Yer alright Brisk, lemme try givin' it a go!"

With that, the boy clenched his fist, concentrating on a card that could mash together their themes. . . Though his creativity was limited.

*Card Name: Kelp Forest of the Deep
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Blue
Custom Frame:
Attack (0-2): 0
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-2): 1
Flavor Text: Shelter for the beasts of the sea.
Keywords (Quickplay, Agile, Flying):
Card Synergy (Owned Card):

Rulao scrathes his chin and gives a wry smile to the others. "Sorry Brisk, guess niether of us could manage to fit scales in there for ya. . ." He pauses, looking over Rose's creation, "So does this mean me an' her can use each other's card?"
I've lost control of my life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

“A bet huh? You know that both sides have to put up something of equal value for that to work? What will I get when I win?”

G3 continues ignoring the voices of reason and makes an aggressive looking paper doll!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Brisk comments. "There'sss ssstill one more thing you need to do. Jussst becaussse a card exissstsss that matches your deck theme doesssn't mean you can ussse the card..."

In order to share a card, you'll need to PM the GM and copy the player you are sharing with the card that you are sharing. In addition to the previously mentioned restrictions, you also need to actually be with the person you are sharing with. I'll inform you if any issues arise from this.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia just grimaces at G3. G-Pa huh? There was the 'wise old mentor left to raise him alone' trope covered. That being said, her pity for the boy's life was being rapidly overtaken the more and more he acted like a pigeon playing chess.

"Now now Diance, while the boy has certainly made himself quite the nuisance, it would be unsightly to kick a child while he's down." She says, very actively choosing to speak as though G3 was not present. "Let us wait until he is up again instead! OOOHOHOHOHO!"

(so uh, rules question to preempt us getting into the next day of card making: can we make a card synergize with copies of itself?)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:08:14 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia just grimaces at G3. G-Pa huh? There was the 'wise old mentor left to raise him alone' trope covered. That being said, her pity for the boy's life was being rapidly overtaken the more and more he acted like a pigeon playing chess.

"Now now Diance, while the boy has certainly made himself quite the nuisance, it would be unsightly to kick a child while he's down." She says, very actively choosing to speak as though G3 was not present. "Let us wait until he is up again instead! OOOHOHOHOHO!"

(so uh, rules question to preempt us getting into the next day of card making: can we make a card synergize with copies of itself?)
"K, want to duel while we're here?" Diance says following her lead. "hehe, this is going to be interesting."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(A card cannot synergize with itself because at the time prior to its creation it is not yet a card you own.)

Visiting hours at the hospital come to an end, and the day passes without a monster attack...

G3's G-Pa comes to pick him up, and chastise him for being so careless. "Thank goodness you only got hit by a truck! It would be so demoralizing for your fellow classmates if you were here because you lost a game! Now you have a lot of explaining to do. How come only two girls from your class came to see you? You know that it takes at least five ladies to make a proper harem!"

Hey! That is not even close to what I just said! Ugh. Know what? I'm just going to skip ahead to the next day...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 5 - CYOGTCG Gym

It is time for CYOGTCG Gym class! Fortunately, it seems that nobody died yesterday so you change into your gym clothes to play a card game! The Gym teacher instructs everyone to choose a partner...

(This may be a good time to update your deck if you haven't already done so)

Your schedule for today is:
>CYOGTCG Gym
>CYOGTCG Math
>CYOGTCG Language
>Lunch (And playing CYOGTCG)
>CYOGTCG Art
>CYOGTCG Chemistry
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 08:02:36 pm by Supernerd »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I De Clare a challenge to the drill tails. Since we didn't get a chance to play yet. Let's see what your deck has~" G can go play Jade.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Its a different time G-PA! Card game protagonists these days have to be so dense they brush off even the most blatant affections! If I somehow still have a harem I won't even notice I have it! We didn't even do a harem parody when I was in the Otherworld. I'll have to explain that concept next won't I...."

In the gym G3's eyes comb over the new kids picking the target he would utterly humiliate today. A kid with a pompadour.

No, its not himself.

"Hey you. With the inferior attempt at copying my hairstyle." G3 points to Rulao, running a comb through all three of his G's once he has his attention. "I don't blame you for following in my footsteps. I'm pretty great. So I'll do you a favor and beat you in a duel. Maybe some of my play-style will rub off with some actual style."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Normally, Rulao would've skipped something like gym-class, too much work, not enough pay-off. Yet. . . Some deep rooted feeling got the punk out of bed early today, a cold sweat. Maybe it was in his dreams, maybe something more, but the bitter taste of fate was on his tongue in the morning. Before he'd even set his feet on the cold wooden floor, he could tell something was amiss. . . A destined battle, school beckoned to him!

So of course, he was found nonchalantly loitering, with his arms behind his back, leaning on the brick wall of the gymnasium that day. Before G3 spotted him.

"The hell're ya talkin' about?" Rulao rasped, stepping forward, "I don't even know who ya are." Maybe he was playing dumb, after all the saying was true, when two pompadours meet, only one may survive. His a messy mop, the other's a slick trio of G's, different sub genres, but pompadours nonetheless.

Rulao cracked his knuckles, "Ya wanna fight huh?" He belted out, a clear misunderstanding. "I don't wanna male the janitor's job any harder. Let's take this scrap outside, ya punk."
I've lost control of my life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"I don't mind if you choose the place you wish to see your defeat. Make some calls and get your affairs in order if you want. Like they say you can run but you can't hide. The Reaper is patient, and since I'm basically the Reaper I also must be patient!"

Said statement was accompanied by more aggressive combing, certainly doing nothing to remove any misunderstanding.

"Lead the way."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance watches.

"You two were made for each other." said in a deadpan voice. Figures, why must all the guys be like that? Brisk is the only good one around in her class. Well, good thing she likes girls then, let's see what De Clare has with those drill-tails.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I De Clare a challenge to the drill tails. Since we didn't get a chance to play yet. Let's see what your deck has~" G can go play Jade.
"Ah, uhm, yes, that would be lovely." She says, once again letting out an uncharacteristic stammer for totally mysterious reasons. "I accept your challenge."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Rose looks over and finds that there’s a guy with a ponytail no one challenged yet
“Hi, I don’t think we met, do you want to battle?”
Rose asks Azazel to battle

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 5 - Double Battle Tutorial!

The Gym teacher takes a moment to obstruct G3 and Rulao from absconding. Turns out that the Gym teacher is pretty freaking strong. Probably has something to do with why they decided to become a GYM teacher.

A couple minutes later the Gym teacher chuckles. "Now that you're all chosen your partner... Its time to decide on your opponents!"

Azazel comments and points at Rose. "Wait. What? I though she was my opponent!"

The gym teacher responds. "I said to choose a Partner! Pay more attention! The time has come for you all to learn about Double Battles! That is to say: 2v2!"

Brisk comments. "Oh sssnap!"
Jack Jackson comments. "Oh geez. I almost had to play on the same team as Azazel!"

There are a few variant ways to play a double battle, but for this class you need to observe the following additional rules
- Cards technically belong to both players on a team and can block both players from being attacked, but only the card's owner can directly utilize them.
- Only the player who takes their turn second starts with a star.
- The length of a single turn includes the actions of all four players, and team members do not take their turns consecutively.
- Players have their own pool of Hearts and Stars. You only need to reduce one player to zero hearts to win! (This may not be the case in battles with high stakes)

Diance and Odelia are paired against Brisk and Jack Jackson!
This battle will take place in game thread 2!

Rose and Azazel are paired against G3 and Rulao!
This battle will take place in game thread 3!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:11:31 pm by Supernerd »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48