Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26018 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Well, I know why Black auto-tuned to grey now. Owwie. if I was still using the first deck, that would have killed me outright.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:07:59 pm by TricMagic »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Look forward to it! I just have one question I've been waiting for a top scientist to answer. Are Iguanas really as strong as superhumans in real life?"

After getting his answer G3 goes home.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

After Science club Sensei informs G3 that his question is random, that being a member of a school CYOGTCG science club does not quite constitute being a top scientist, and that whether or not an iguana would be as strong as superhumans in real life would depend on what kind of powers the superhuman has, as well as the condition of the iguana in question, G3 heads home without incident. Or at least without an incident that would be significant enough to merit holding up the next day.

Diance had an opportunity to learn a bit about the Black Cards from her brother. Apparantly a black card is a card that is ILLEGAL, but you don't need to worry about your Gray cards. Apparantly monsters strong enough to use Illegal cards are too big to get into the city without being noticed by the authorities. This bit of information does little to ease any concerns you may have.

Day 3 - Assembly

An assembly is called for the first period today. Principal Cyoggy Pete makes a few announcements. Apparantly, there has been an upsurge in the amount of monsters that have been sighted around town! Students are advised against going home on their own until further notice. In the event that you run into a hopeless battle with monsters, you are advised to stall for turns and not time.

Also, there is a new freshman student joining you class!
Her name is Odelia De Clare, and her deck theme is revealed to be Historical Fiction!

Odelia now has an opportunity to add a card to the freshman Core Set using the standard template.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
*Background Color:

You have a bit of free time before the next class, if there's something you are inclined to try to do...

>Assembly
>CYOGTCG Language
>CYOGTCG Math
>Lunch (And playing CYOGTCG)
>CYOGTCG Chemistry
>CYOGTCG History
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia grimaces looking at the pool of cards available to her. She supposes that raising the dead is far from unheard of in myth, and the humans at least fit, but the ordinary lizard? The 'android'? the thing she could only assume was from some Magical Girl thing? The... shudders tentacles? Horrible, absolutely none of them fit the theme at all. The lizard didn't even have the dignity to be a dragon or some sort of elemental or magical beast.

Odelia could see she would need to put in work to cover her bases, but she supposed these gave her a solid enough starting point.

Card Name: Runic Magecraft: Gandr
Card Picture:

Background Color: Red

With that done, and Odelia pleased with her work, Odelia sits down to do a bit of extra studying. She's practically been studying history since she could walk, and language comes part and parcel, but she feels that she's better safe than sorry on the other two.

(https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Magic_Spells#Runes in case you need help finding source material, since it's a smaller section of a fairly crowded page)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance goes to talk with Brisk, her left arm wrapped in bandages.

"So your iguna plays CYOCGTCG. What's their name, do you think I could play against them at lunch. I wanted to do so in gym and maybe you at lunch. Given we can't walk home alone, think you could walk me home? Since you have your friend to help it should be safer. Only if you want to though."

This is all said like a chatterbox. Dince is still a bit shaken up from actually getting injured by an illegal card.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

After Science club Sensei informs G3 that his question is random, that being a member of a school CYOGTCG science club does not quite constitute being a top scientist, and that whether or not an iguana would be as strong as superhumans in real life would depend on what kind of powers the superhuman has, as well as the condition of the iguana in question, G3 heads home without incident. Or at least without an incident that would be significant enough to merit holding up the next day.

That was a very detailed answer! No wonder he's one of the top scientists of this school!

Odelia grimaces looking at the pool of cards available to her. She supposes that raising the dead is far from unheard of in myth, and the humans at least fit, but the ordinary lizard? The 'android'? the thing she could only assume was from some Magical Girl thing? The... shudders tentacles? Horrible, absolutely none of them fit the theme at all. The lizard didn't even have the dignity to be a dragon or some sort of elemental or magical beast.

Odelia could see she would need to put in work to cover her bases, but she supposed these gave her a solid enough starting point.

Card Name: Runic Magecraft: Gandr
Card Picture:

Background Color: Red

With that done, and Odelia pleased with her work, Odelia sits down to do a bit of extra studying. She's practically been studying history since she could walk, and language comes part and parcel, but she feels that she's better safe than sorry on the other two.

(https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Magic_Spells#Runes in case you need help finding source material, since it's a smaller section of a fairly crowded page)

"Wait is magic like a real thing historically? I should have asked the science club when I had the chance. Or is that like the fiction part of historical fiction? Then what is the history part?"

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait is magic like a real thing historically? I should have asked the science club when I had the chance. Or is that like the fiction part of historical fiction? Then what is the history part?"
But of course, her study time was interrupted by idiotic questions.

"Well, for your information, mystic runes such as Gandr were a major part of Nordic culture, in fact, practically their entire written language was Runic in nature. As for the magic itself well-" and then she paused.

Logically she wants to De Clare the fictional part to be the magic, but... Well, not too distant history would have De Clare'd things such as monsters and fighting them off with card games fictional as well, and quite cliche, but now it practically runs the world.

"I... cannot say for sure. I would like to De Clare the magic fictional but... well, monsters and soul based card games would have been considered fictional in relatively recent history."
Odelia's arched finger comes up to her chin in contemplation.
"If anything the most definitively fictional part is the idea of waving your fingers and shouting Gandr like a magic word to cast it... You've given me a very interesting topic for my next essay. May I ask your name?"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 09:55:47 am by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Nordic? Is that where Moldova in Eurovision 2011 is from? Anyway I'm G3. I'm also pretty sure that CYOGTCG is an ancient cardgame going back trillions of years. Unless that is recent to you I guess. Maybe we'll find out the truth in today's history class."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3 - CYOGTCG Language

Brisk informs Diance that "My Iguana'sss name isss Jade; but it might not be asss exciting to play againssst him asss you might expect. You're welcome to try though. For the matter of walking home, talk to me again after ssschool"

A new card has been added to the Core Set!
Spoiler: New Card (click to show/hide)

Today is CYOGTCG Language class you learn about Flavor text! Some cards will have Flavor text written in Italics. Flavor text is completely unrelated to actual rules and gameplay. However, as this takes up space on the card, a card with Flavor Text is more likely to have a more simplistic effect than a card without it.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Tank Younger Sister Waifu
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Blue
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-1): 1
Flavor Text:
Keywords:

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Precure Shield of Light
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Black.(tuned to grey as before.)
Higher Stat: HP
Stars (1):
Flavor Text: I shall Protect against the Darkness coming. Shield of Light!
Keywords (Quickplay): No

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 01:00:29 pm by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Am at work for several more hours. Will make mine when I'm home. Also, there's some amount of innate difficulty to having a history buff character when you don't know the world's history yourself. I'm just rolling with the whole "not too different from our world" thing and assuming history is relatively similar

So all in all, I hope this is just G3 being G3, or else I don't know if I can play this character, without permission to just make shit up within reason at least.)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:51:11 pm by Failbird105 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries. G3's mouth is a cesspool of lies.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Magic Circuits
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Blue
Higher Stat:
Stars (0-1): 0
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay):

After having shaken off the sheer bafflement at G3s attitude and statements(and checking her notes to make sure that the country of Moldova is not, in fact, in the Nordic area, assuming the games creator is in fact from their namesake country), Odelia ponders the fool.

"G...3..." She utters his name aloud, and shudders. That explains everything, his parents must have been some kind of prophecy chasers, no doubt they also abandoned him shortly after his birth to give some form of tragic backstory. Don't these people know that a chosen one, assuming there even is a real prophecy, can't be made artificially?

Odelia's contempt for the boy steadily shifted to pity... Or at least grew a sort of wretched pity wart.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:56:10 pm by Failbird105 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"No, G3. The '3' is silent."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48