Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25999 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 2 - CYOGTCG History

You head over to CYOGTCG History class. Today you learn about something called "Keywords". Sometimes an effect is used frequently enough for a single word to be created to describe its entire effect. One such keyword is the "Quickplay" keyword. If a card says that it is "Quickplay" then that means it does not count towards your 1 card per turn limit. However, Quickplay cards are generally quite a bit weaker than normal cards. You can now use the Quickplay keyword!

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1):
Keywords (Quickplay):
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

*Card Name:King Arthur Waifu
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:Blue
Higher Stat: Heart
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-1): 1
Keywords (Quickplay):
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Precure Quick-mepo Dial-mipo
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Pastel Pink
Higher Stat:
Facedown (Y/N): N
Stars (0-1): 1
Keywords (Quickplay): Yes

(OoC, hi Arty. How'd your last card go strik?)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, in the end, it came down to several possible ideas(apologies for how long I took, I've got a 12 hour shipping job on the weekends), but this one is the one I've got the most fully formed character for. And yes, I know there's overlap with the waifu theme, trust me, I had literally no plans that wouldn't have.

Name: Odelia De Clare
Deck Theme: "Historical Fiction" (it's actually just Fate)
Hairstyle: The most excessive, immense, stupidly huge Drills. Like, "could cocoon a whole person and nobody would be able to tell the difference" type huge.
Spoiler: Other Information: (click to show/hide)
Family information: The De Clares are a long, storied Noble House that has existed since long before many modern countries, as has prided itself on recording all major historical events in the world since the house was first founded, including the births and deaths of major historical figures who were not noteworthy until after one or both of those events took place. It is only natural then that CYOGTCG has run in the family ever since was created.
- Frederick De Clare Odelia's father, an absurdly wealthy man, largely due to his CYOGTCG related business ventures. While not particularly demanding, he is quite strict about what rules he has set. He is not in fact evil, just a capitalist. Which, I mean, a fine line there, but not one he has quite crossed thus far.
- Ophelia De Clare Odelia's mother, kind and loving but... not the brightest bulb. having lived the Marie Antoinette life, it is not that she is neglectful or cruel, she just doesn't really understand the world outside of her high class indoors lifestyle. Marrying into the De Clare family has helped, but only really in matters relating to the past.
- Uncle Steve Nobody knows where Steve really came into the family tree, but DNA tests confirm he is an incredibly close relative of the De Clare bloodline. His history knowledge stops shortly after high school. Has a really nice car. The fun uncle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Hmm, in the end, it came down to several possible ideas(apologies for how long I took, I've got a 12 hour shipping job on the weekends), but this one is the one I've got the most fully formed character for. And yes, I know there's overlap with the waifu theme, trust me, I had literally no plans that wouldn't have.

Name: Odelia De Clare
Deck Theme: "Historical Fiction" (it's actually just Fate)
Hairstyle: The most excessive, immense, stupidly huge Drills. Like, "could cocoon a whole person and nobody would be able to tell the difference" type huge.
Spoiler: Other Information: (click to show/hide)
Family information: The De Clares are a long, storied Noble House that has existed since long before many modern countries, as has prided itself on recording all major historical events in the world since the house was first founded, including the births and deaths of major historical figures who were not noteworthy until after one or both of those events took place. It is only natural then that CYOGTCG has run in the family ever since was created.
- Frederick De Clare Odelia's father, an absurdly wealthy man, largely due to his CYOGTCG related business ventures. While not particularly demanding, he is quite strict about what rules he has set. He is not in fact evil, just a capitalist. Which, I mean, a fine line there, but not one he has quite crossed thus far.
- Ophelia De Clare Odelia's mother, kind and loving but... not the brightest bulb. having lived the Marie Antoinette life, it is not that she is neglectful or cruel, she just doesn't really understand the world outside of her high class indoors lifestyle. Marrying into the De Clare family has helped, but only really in matters relating to the past.
- Uncle Steve Nobody knows where Steve really came into the family tree, but DNA tests confirm he is an incredibly close relative of the De Clare bloodline. His history knowledge stops shortly after high school. Has a really nice car. The fun uncle.

(I just stole Saber, you will always have an empty spot in your heart.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I just stole Saber, you will always have an empty spot in your heart.)
You fool! Do you not realize just how often TCGs make multiple cards for the same character!? You have merely given me a reference point of power to surpass!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3 - After School

The school day has ended. As you prepare to leave, you notice a couple of people advertising their Clubs.

A Senpai with Green hair regular-pointy hair is advertising for the CYOGTCG Science club.
A Senpai with Side-Slicked hair is advertising for the CYOGTCG Track and Field Club.
A Senpai with an afro is advertising for something called the Senpai Club.

You don't need to apply to join a club right away, or ever for that matter, and you are likely to encounter other clubs in the future. Clubs are serious business. If you ever leave one you can never re-join, and people will remember that you quit it!

>_

(Failbird105. I've gone over your application. There's nothing in there that isn't allowed, but I will point out that I am mostly unfamiliar with 'Fate', which may impact my ability to make cards for that Deck Theme; especially things that can not easily be looked up via google. Yes, I do actual research for making cards)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Considering I didn't get that warning, does that mean that you do have an encyclopedia knowledge of Waifus?)

G3 is pretty sure that Track and Field Club would ruin his hair, and the Senpai club isn't really meant for first years. Or its some weird appreciation club.

G3 is also pretty sure that he's the greatest mind of this generation and destined to change the world. So there was only one viable option.

G3 walks over to the Green Hair Senpai. "So what is it that your club actually does anyway?"

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Failbird105. I've gone over your application. There's nothing in there that isn't allowed, but I will point out that I am mostly unfamiliar with 'Fate', which may impact my ability to make cards for that Deck Theme; especially things that can not easily be looked up via google. Yes, I do actual research for making cards)
(Honestly, the pages on the TYPE-MOON wiki will generally have everything you need to know. Some of it can get kinda metaphorical and metaphysical but otherwise it actually lays out stuff very clearly from a very game-like perspective. When dealing with Servants, just look at their Noble Phantasms and Skills(mostly the Personal Skills as Class Skills are, well, personalized) for effect ideas really.)

(Also, should I just make all of my cards now, or will I be starting at a disadvantage of having less cards?)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:15:49 pm by Failbird105 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance heads home, not being particularly interested in any of them.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Science club Sensei response to G3. "As you have no doubt witnessed, your ability to create cards is proportional to your knowledge. We at the Science club work to better understand CYOGTCG via experimentation in order to bolster the complexity and versatility of our cards!"

Diance decides to head home now. However, as she walks a CYOGTCG Monster emerges to attack!
This battle will take place in Game Thread 1! You may be very well be in actual danger!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178646.0

(I'll introduce the new character at the start of Day 3.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Night everyone. G/Strik, come check out the cards I've been holding back. May not be able to change my deck given the attack, but that's fine. It's good enough for destroying 10 hearts.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I do still want to know if I'll get to make all my missed cards though, or if I only get to make ones I'm present for. Because the latter is going to massively discourage new players from joining and will honestly leave even me rather hesitant to actually choose to do any battles)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Ah yes. Of course. I totally noticed that. Completely. Well it sounds like it will help me win even more than I already do, so sign me up!"

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Science Club Sensei responds. "Excellent. As a formality, I am going to want to watch you play at least one match to see if you would be a good fit for the CYOGTCG Science Club. It doesn't particularly matter who you play against, I'm mostly interested in how you play the game. I'll see you tomorrow at lunch, and if all goes well you will be able to join in club activities as soon as tomorrow after school. Do you have any questions or concerns?"

(As for Failbird105, You won't get them all at once, but you'll definitely have an opportunity to catch up in card quantity. Frederick is probably going to hire a tutor or something for you after you get your card theme.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48