Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 25991 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Not certain if you are all interested in new players, but the concept is definitely amusing to me. I'dlove to try playing along if there'sroom for another! If not, consider this a PTW, for the fun factor. C:  ))
I've lost control of my life.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia chooses to take this first lunch period of her enrollment to observe the strategies and decks of the other players in her class. Especially the duels involving the duo who had been arguing across her desk in language class.

It's not like it's because she's scared of losing her first match here and isn't willing to take the risk with herself at a disadvantage on custom card number, she's just doing research I-idiot!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

There are three players. So yes, there's room. Go ahead and make your application whenever you feel like it.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Wonderful! Here I go!

Spoiler: Character Application (click to show/hide)

Welp, I hope that settles it. I'm looking forward to battling you all!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 02:09:37 pm by Unraveller »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(TFW you've already got a character you really like, but then come up with another character concept you also really like so now you just want there to be yet another separate CYOGTCG high school game)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"I can't believe the science club doesn't even understand basic protagonist theory! Bunch of frauds. Narrative wise I'll show them. I'll show them all!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( I for one haven't even been accepted, but am thoroughly enjoying building up a stockpiles of art for crabs, lobsters, and the like. :P

Sorry for breaking up the flow of the thread. I didn't even think about it until after I posted this.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Not much flow right now though. My battle with Jade is going to take a while longer. If I get SSTT, I can set up a counterpoise opportunity and turn things around. But it is possible I'll run out of cards.)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

(( Jade is the true antagonist, mind controlling Brisk to appear as a villain before G3! Change my mind. ))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Jade is the true antagonist, mind controlling Brisk to appear as a villain before G3! Change my mind. ))
(Given Friendship Precure doesn't seem to work on Jade, that theory makes a bit of sense. It doesn't work on monsters either.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(That was a GM error, actually)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Monsters or Jade? Cause monsters not having any power of friendship to draw upon is totally thematic. I may be one of the only people with that card in my deck. It's useful, but dangerous too.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Both were GM errors. If for some reason a card has no effect when it obviously should, it will be explicitly stated. If it is not, then it was a GM error and not a deliberate thing. (You don't need to worry about revisiting the fight with the first monster though)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 04:24:44 pm by Supernerd »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

(Monsters or Jade? Cause monsters not having any power of friendship to draw upon is totally thematic. I may be one of the only people with that card in my deck. It's useful, but dangerous too.)

The real monsters are the friends we made along the way.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The real monsters are the friends we made along the way.
(You fit that quote quite well G. I'm pretty sure you'd pick up a black card with no hesitation as your losses lead you onto a dark path. Then I'm going to have to Nanoha you and bring you back onto the path of friendship.)

(I'm also amused that Honaka gets a special attack when normally she doesn't get to attack.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:35:19 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 48