Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48

Author Topic: Core Thread - CYOGTCG High School RPG! Like a card game anime, but its CYOGTCG!  (Read 26019 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance leans over.

"Ignore him, he can't play a card game to save his life. At the moment anyway, too pride and not enough bite."
"G, I would suggest adding the new Gandr card to your deck simply so you can actually break through opponents."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

“Never! I now have enough Waifus that I don’t need anything else”

He looks at the card with a discerning eye “Besides it is still a 1-1 card trade. Not very useful at all. Perhaps you learned nothing of our last match after all.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Guy who died in three turns says what?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

“I didn’t know you could count to three. Figured that is why you stuffed your deck with one card. If you’re trying to ask for a rematch you are on! The same dirty tricks won’t work twice!”

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia's hands quickly move to the sides of her head as she leans over her desk, rubbing around her temples as the two argue back and forth with her caught in the middle helplessly.

(also, card is now made. And let me say, I was honestly surprised when G3 posed that particular question, thinking it could somehow be a positive start to G3 and Odelia's relations. I'm glad so see that possibility was quickly dashed on the rocks.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Day 3 - CYOGTCG Math

Today in CYOGTCG Math class, you don't really learn anything new, but you do go over the mathematical knowledge of Hearts and Attack that you already knew before. You are now able to specify a precise amount of Attack and Hearts for a card, up to a certain limit. This will override the "Higher Stat" option if you select a value for both Attack and Hearts.

*Card Name:
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color:
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1):
Flavor Text:
Keywords (Quickplay):
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 03:59:52 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odelia, desperately hoping to not find herself between that duo once again, sits down to work and prepares to tune them out as soon as needed.

*Card Name: Dragon Tooth Warriors
*Card Picture:

Token Picture:

*Background Color: Grey
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Higher Stat (If applicable): Attack
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1): 0
Flavor Text: Warriors formed from Dragons Teeth. Weak alone, but dangerous in numbers.
Keywords (Quickplay):

(Just gonna try a cheeky little thing)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Gratuitous Harem
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: Rainbow
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1): 1
Flavor Text: You can't have just one!
Keywords (Quickplay):

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Card Name: Precure Rainbow Bridge
*Card Picture:
Token Picture:
*Background Color: White
Attack (0-2):
Hearts (0-3):
Facedown (Y/N):
Stars (0-1):
Flavor Text: Connect the Garden of Rainbows with the Garden of Light, as we travel the bridge across dimensions.
Keywords (Quickplay):

(I really hope this tunes into a search card.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 07:54:12 am by TricMagic »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(For the record, I'll be at work for the next 6 hours, so like, may not be able to start any matches)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day 3 - Lunch (and playing CYOGTCG)

The time for lunch has come once again, which means its time to for CYOGTCG!
With yesterday's drama, you didn't notice it (Unless you are Odelia, in which case you didn't notice for a different reason being that you weren't even here), but there are a few students here who are not part of your class! Evidently these are upperclassmen. While members of your class can generally be expected to play at around your level, other students... Well, they're probably better.

The non-player students here include:
- Azazel
- Brisk
- Jack Jackson
- Willow
- A senpai with green pointy hair
- A senpai with emo bangs

The senpai with Green Pointy Hair reveals himself to be the recruiter from the CYOGTCG Science club! Apparently he has some interest in watching G3 play. You would think he had something better to do, fortunately for G3 he was not present during his previous battles.

Perhaps it occurs to G3 that, while he could go get beat by Diance again, maybe it would be better to challenge one of his other classmates this time. Alternatively, maybe he should do something worse instead! Evidently, Science club Senpai is available right now so you could try to impress him by playing against him! Science club Senpai then makes an offhand comment that you should relax and that "Nobody is expecting you to defeat the champion of last year's school CYOGTCG tournament over there" whilst pointing to the other Senpai in the area. If you wanted to go out of your way to make absolutely certain that you embarrass yourself as much as possible, I guess you could go challenge them by trash talking in the most obnoxious way you can think of to ensure that not only will you get creamed, but also do so with lots of witnesses! I mean, you shouldn't but... Well... Y'know...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go talk to Brisk and Jade to see about playing the (clearly magical) Iguana. Should be a light-hearted time. [Making sure to grab a tray of lunch.]

Though lighthearted, Diance does have a new deck to test out. We'll see how that goes.

(OoC: Diance doesn't really have an interest in beating G done again. She proved her point yesterday. Though time remains to be seen if he is going to show his hand again.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 10:09:28 am by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Diance decides to challenge Brisk's pet Iguana, Jade!
Brisk comments that "Jade isssn't really the greatessst CYOGTCG player, but at leassst he doesssn't ssshow off hisss hand for no reassson!"

This battle will take place in Game thread 1!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178646.0

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

"Thanks narrator. Your constant advice is always welcome."

G3 swaggers up to Champion Senpai with his hands in his pocket, only to bring his pointer finger out once in position.

"Hey you! I hear you play a pretty good card game. I'm here to peer review that claim in the name of science. My hypothesis is you're going down faster than terminal velocity, and I'll beat you with one hand behind my back! Are you prepared to be the first victim in my scientific crusade?"

G3 googled "Scientific words" earlier to prepare specifically for this moment and vaguely hopes he used them right.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The senpai with the emo bangs looks at G3. He says "What?". He looks towards Science club Sensei. SCS shrugs and says "Umm... Its part of the learning process?" the champion then asks. "Is this one of yours?" to which SCS responds "He will be if he is able to put up a good performance?"

Emo bang senpai then turns to G3 again. He coldly says:
"So no then..."

This battle will take place in Game thread 2!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=178647.0

(Though I guess it might not be too late at this moment for G3 to apologize and back away. I just don't see it happening though.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 48