Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Humankind: Birth of Civilization  (Read 2361 times)

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humankind: Birth of Civilization
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2021, 10:45:44 pm »

I would rather be in Utah than Portland, but I think Alberta could be even better. North.

Please use the votebox

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 11:47:16 pm »

Quote from: votebox
North (2): Superdorf, Maximum Spin
South (1): Sensei
East (0):
West (4): Stirk, Voidslayer, Knightwing64, Kilojoule Proton
You could totally have saved yourself the trouble and just edited it in. :P

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2021, 11:50:11 pm »

North (2): Superdorf, Maximum Spin
South (2): Sensei, Voidslayer
East (0):
West (3): Stirk, Knightwing64, Kilojoule Proton

Changing to south.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2021, 12:04:41 am »

We only need one more BRAVE WARRIOR to lead the tribe to somewhere EXCITING! Preferably to the desert, but if it's to the north I can change my vote.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2021, 08:53:27 am »

North (3): Superdorf, Maximum Spin, UristMcRiley
South (2): Sensei, Voidslayer
East (0):
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:26:05 am by UristMcRiley »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 10:54:16 am »

North (4): Superdorf, Maximum Spin, UristMcRiley, Sensei
South (1): Voidslayer
East (0):

Very well- let us get chilly!

We should leave immediately, while the vote is in favor of an option I sort-of wanted, instead of later, when it might be in favor of something I don't want as much!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 01:14:10 pm »

South (1): Voidslayer
East (0):
West (4): Stirk, Knightwing64, Kilojoule Proton, Emral282

We should leave immediately, while the vote is in favor of an option I sort-of wanted, instead of later, when it might be in favor of something I don't want as much!
Too late

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2021, 02:00:37 pm »

I have to go to a family dinner soon. When I get back if the vote isn't decided I'll flip a coin to break the tie.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2021, 02:45:56 pm »

Let's have some Arabian Nights.
South (2): Voidslayer, Happerry
East (0):
West (4): Stirk, Knightwing64, Kilojoule Proton, Emral282
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2021, 05:20:34 pm »

Let's have some Arabian Nights.
Unless we can get everyone who wants to go to the north to travel south instead (which would be cool), we should vote for the north, otherwise we will split the vote. The "not cowardly" voting bloc is six people now so I think we can make something happen.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2021, 05:50:42 pm »

Welp, I'm back and I flipped the coin. The coin has chosen West as your travel destination. Expect an update soon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 04:24:16 am »

Well I guess I'm late to the voting so I'll just PTW instead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 07:05:12 pm »

Our Journey

After it had been decided by a clan-wide vote we chose to head towards the setting sun where the Great Trees grow. We gathered as much meat and forage as we could for the journey outside the valley and towards our new home, it took us an entire cycle of the moon to travel towards the great forest though luckily our hunters kept us safe from wild beasts along the journey.

The Land

As we reached a hill overlooking the forest we could see the stories about it were true; the trees here climb high into the sky and behind them stretching far beyond the horizon is grand lake whose shore goes on seemingly forever in both directions. Though instead of sweet water the water of the lake is dry and bitter according to our hunters. They also bring reports of the game in the land, its predominantly made up of small animals averaging about the size of an adults head and smaller which mainly eat the short leafy plants that grow on the shore of a small brook that runs through the forest and into the sea. The brook itself is of sweet water that the tribe can drink from. No big-horns have been sighted in the area so it seems these animals will be the main source of the tribes meat, there are many strange plants which grow in this land that we do not recognize though some berries the hunters ate in their exploration seems to be safe at least.

Another pair of features noted in the area is a large meadow in part of the forest as well as a small bay fed by the brook which runs through the forest surrounded by stony cliffs. A few dangers have been documented in the forest a large clawed predators the size of a small wolf have been seen attacking the plant eaters and even attempting to intimidate the hunters before darting into the underbrush of the forest.

Our New Home

We traveled into the forest and went to a place the hunters found for us to settle. Situated in the center of the forest is a large hill, at the base of it is a decently sized pond the brook that cuts through the forest is fed from. Here game is plentiful, fresh water is available to drink and the hill provides a source of stone for the tribe to make tools from, as well as the spring the pond and brook are filled from. We've constructed the tribe around the pond and have settled into our new lands.

Now that we have been settled here for a moons time a few issues have arisen with our new land. The hunters have organized parties to hunt but find the small beasts hard to hunt and they bear little meat though their hides seem to be remarkably water resistant. The matrons have gathered the nearby berries but the berries and small number of game the tribe catches can't sustain the tribe alone. We must find a way to feed the tribe!

Another hazard is the weather, heavy rainstorms with swift winds seems common here which come from the lake. It is common for our hide tents to collapse under the onslaught or be blown away, soaking anyone inside to the bone as well as ruining any food they might have been eating. Already some of our elders and newborns have succumbed to the freezing rain. We must reinforce the camp!

A smaller detail is that the tribe's camp has yet to be named, currently most people refer to it as the "Pond Camp". Maybe we should formalize our new tribal settlement and claim over the forest?

Spoiler: Roșcate Tribe (click to show/hide)

GM here, I was planning on letting you choose a place to settle but I realized I couldn't balance the choices evenly and give the players a decent time playing at the same time. Also, I am terribly sorry for the wait as I had some internet issues due to a storm that came and knocked out my wifi for a while.

As a recap for what you need to do to do to start off the game: Find a way to improve the tribes sources of food and shore up your living conditions. After this you'll be free to shape the tribe as you see fit!

Naming the tribes camp itself will count as a free action, so don't worry about having to choose it over the other two issues.

The Map:

Here is an interactive version of the map where you can zoom in and its not super compressed, the red dots around the lake are the huts!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 07:25:17 pm »

Now that we are in the forest, we should do as the birds do and make homes out of twigs! They're all around us even when hides are scarce!

For the food, both the river and the place the river goes to might have fish living in them. They are small like the other animals, but plentiful enough that we can eat them without issue. Our mighty hunters need only to hunt the rivers for its bounty!

The name is clearly Pond Camp.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2021, 01:40:56 am »

Now that we are in the forest, we should do as the birds do and make homes out of twigs! They're all around us even when hides are scarce!

For the food, both the river and the place the river goes to might have fish living in them. They are small like the other animals, but plentiful enough that we can eat them without issue. Our mighty hunters need only to hunt the rivers for its bounty!

The name is clearly Pond Camp.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4