Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49894 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Any reason you're against Magma here? Like, any at all? Because your own town reads show that Magma/Pref should be the obvious pair. You town read me. You town read Jack. You don't think FoU can be paired with neither Pref or Magma. So what's the issue?
Voting players you don't actually have a scum read on is wrong and incorrect town play. This is voting players based on pure POE, which can work and is a valid strategy in some setups, but not in this game. Not in my newbie game.

1. Town reading Roden/Jack/FoU does not make the mafia team Magma/Pref. I could be wrong, checking both sides is the best way to come to a decision. This is why I will be doing ISOs of players during each evening we have this MYLO to play around in. I started with Pref, doing FoU next, will likely do Magma third. If you're not checking why these players are scum I don't consider that good town play.

2. Magma was the most town read player on D1 by a mile. Pref was at the bottom. I believe this is a totally valid reason to decide Pref over Magma for voting first.

3. I expected a Jack N1 kill if Magma was mafia, both Jack and Magma were giving Bluarian the stink eye at the end of Day 1.

4. Magma reverses their read of me after swallowing the modkill. This is an extremely bold move for mafia!Magma to make as they're now buddying their top suspect for D1 based on mod meta reasons.

Don't get me wrong. I believe it could be Magma/Pref and this is a bus strategy after seeing the Rolan modkill, but Magma is playing a solid game. I'll have more thoughts when I do the ISO.

Oh, by the way...

An ISO is an isolated read/case of a player where you read through each of that player's posts in the game on their own and judge them. There are also multi-ISOs where you do isolated reads among multiple players.

As far as I can tell, the favoured pairings are currently:

Magma -> FoU/pref
Toony -> FoU/Jack
Jack -> pref/Magma
pref -> FoU/Magma
FoU -> Toony/Magma
Roden -> FoU/Magma

Do I have that right?
This pretty much cements in my mind that it's FoU/Jack or Pref/Roden. Pref/Roden is a lot less likely in my opinion. FoU/Magma and FoU/Pref both don't make any sense to me.

@Toonyman: Are you going to be able to do the Magma ISO you promised?
I didn't promise a Magma ISO and no because Magma is town and I'm busy today. I have no idea why people are willing to vote Magma.

Why you always lying Toonyman?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At this point, I'm forced to conclude that Toonyman is scum trying to throw the game.  I feel sorry for their scum partner.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Keep me alive for tomorrow then.

No Lynch

Good luck guys.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We need one more person who's not Roden and Me to NO LYNCH, so that maybe Roden can be convinced to NO LYNCH and let me hammer the NO LYNCH.

Please, could Pref or Magma step up to this?

Another thing I find extremely annoying is that Jack specifically has been bugging me to explain terms like TMI and POE even though I know for a fact Jack read the Championship game I was in for MU and players used those terms consistently throughout the game. Why in the world does Jack ask me what these mafia definitions are if he already knows them? The only thing I can think of is that Jack is trying to "generate content", it's a form of active-lurking you would do as mafia:

Could you tell me what TMI means?
If nothing else, give us your POE.

@Toonyman: What is POE? I thought it was Person of Interest, but I'm having some trouble with the concept.  Is it one person or several?
I know we're supposed to be doing it, and maybe I already am, but I'd like to know how to correctly be doing it.

They sound very fake here, just like FoU.

And this just pisses me off.  Toonyman should recall from our Revolutions 3 game that I ask questions such as these because I like to be Sure of these terms, rather than just guessing based upon context.  And my failure to ask one of these questions in Roguelike blew up in my face, so I'm even more likely to ask them now. I also use these qualifying terms questions to help town, as sort of a "look here everyone".  So "generating content" may not be completely inaccurate, but I do it to help town.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll vote no lynch but I don't know why you would want to hammer.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because if I don't hammer "No Lynch", Roden can just pop back in during the last second, scream "FOU", and FOU gets mislynched.
So I basically have to hammer No Lynch from voting Roden at this point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Switch my vote from Roden to No Lynch, if it wasn't clear.  And it need to be ideally in the next hour. 
At some point, it get too close and risks mislynching Roden.  Especially since the forum has been experiencing instability lately (errors instead of posting).  Need at least a 5 minute buffer to account for that.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

Damn, maybe the scum team IS Toonyman/Roden.

Roden has forced a situation where town it GOING to lynch Magma.  I CAN'T drop my lynch of Magma because I think FOU is innocent (an idea that Toonyman planted, by the way, with saying that Toonyman and I are the same alignment).  Thus, Roden can drop their vote of FOU at the last second, and Magma gets lynched.

This SEEMED like the best move to me.  Roden's second POE was Magma, and I heavily suspected Magma.

BUT, now Toonyman is saying that Magma is 100% town.  AND is doing nothing to prevent the mislynch of Magma.  Like, I dunno, voting ME for example to prevent the above.  A 3-way tie is still a tie and a no-lynch.

UNVOTE

VOTE RODEN

Toony is saying I'm 100% town, what more do you want him to do?

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, no lynch.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, maybe the scum team IS Toonyman/Roden.

Roden has forced a situation where town it GOING to lynch Magma.  I CAN'T drop my lynch of Magma because I think FOU is innocent (an idea that Toonyman planted, by the way, with saying that Toonyman and I are the same alignment).  Thus, Roden can drop their vote of FOU at the last second, and Magma gets lynched.

This SEEMED like the best move to me.  Roden's second POE was Magma, and I heavily suspected Magma.

BUT, now Toonyman is saying that Magma is 100% town.  AND is doing nothing to prevent the mislynch of Magma.  Like, I dunno, voting ME for example to prevent the above.  A 3-way tie is still a tie and a no-lynch.

UNVOTE

VOTE RODEN

Because if I don't hammer "No Lynch", Roden can just pop back in during the last second, scream "FOU", and FOU gets mislynched.
So I basically have to hammer No Lynch from voting Roden at this point.
What the fuck are you doing??? None of this makes any sense or is in any way consistent. Are you just admitting to being scum at this point?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No Lynch

Jack if you're actually town then you're throwing so damn hard. I'm certain you're scum at this point. This is 100% a scum scramble.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Reads:

Town
Magma
Roden

Pref

Jack
FoU
Mafia

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should've just voted you Day 1 Jack. You got coached by your partner to flail, right?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Night 2: Silent Night~]
« Reply #538 on: July 05, 2021, 06:03:31 pm »

4 have voted to No Lynch. Moving on to Night 2, ends at 6:00 PM Central Time, or when all actions are submitted.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 6/9 [Day 3: Toon Force Murder]
« Reply #539 on: July 06, 2021, 04:59:39 pm »

The Night's Darkness turns to twilight, as you find an piano, car, and helicopter piled atop a toony-shaped hole where ToonyMan last stood.

[Our win losers. No one can stop us now!] For ToonyMan was not only a Veteran, but a Town Tracker. While this does reveal the lack of power roles on the Mafiahackers side, it is of little solace, an amber glow showcaing a day where you must find a hacker, or be lost as they steal all of your data and get away.

Lynch or Lose. Lynch scum or die trying.

() EuchreJack-
() prefuzek -
() Magma Mater
() FallacyofUrist -
() Roden-

3 to Hammer. {Be extremely careful Town. One wrong deduction and I won't be able to stop them.}

Day 3 has started, and will end on Friday, 5:00 PM Central Time.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:05:54 pm by TricMagic »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49