Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49862 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Yeah, Roden's really justifying me moving them up above Toony in my reads, now. I do appreciate that.

So the two teams I'm considering now are Toony/Magma and Toony/pref. It's... a tough call.

Okay, three teams. Pref/Magma.

Nobody's done anything outrageously scummy yet, so I'm probably going to have to dig a bit deeper. I thought I had things solved, but I guess not. Mafia's such a slippery game.

Well, that is definitely buddying me.  I have to rethink if FOU actually would likely be on a team with anyone but myself.

@Roden: If I'm not FOU's scumbuddy, who is?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I'm falling asleep here, so its mostly just links to FOU/Web and Magma interactions or lack of interactions.  Not like anyone reads my analysis anyways...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its possible.  The fight and voting could be staged.  Mutual bussing for survival?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course one of the possible scum pairs immediately town read me.

Jack, I'll be able to answer your question if you can clarify something for me.

For what it's worth, I saw Magma Mater was on within past 15 minutes prior to my reading Toonyman's message.  Not sure if that means anything.
Scared Townie or excited Mafia?  Thankfully, Toonyman was also checking frequently, and was able to act in 4 minutes.
I'm still new to the site. How did you know Magma was online?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

Magma just voted to avoid ties.

Thanks for explaining why I commented that Magma mainly poked around and contributed nothing.  THAT is what I'm talking about.  Magma's play was mostly to direct others to vote, rather than to vote themselves.  Good points, but reacting to other player's actions rather than contributing.  How is that NOT mafia play?

@Pref: Why, with that statement you made, is Magma "obv town"?
I was poking around to decide where to vote. I voted Toony and FoU before hedgerow, so if your metric for contribution is number of votes, I contributed more than most people have this game.
I've spent literally all of my free time the past week (aside from last night, because I went to watch fireworks with the family) reading and rereading this game and others on this site. To say that I'm not contributing is absolutely ludicrous and frankly insulting.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: I don't think I've ever played D2 before.  Could you tell me generally what we are supposed to be doing?
Can you make a post with the pairings you think are possible, and which are impossible, and why?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toonyman [Veteran Player]: I don't think I've ever played D2 before.  Could you tell me generally what we are supposed to be doing?
Let's play a game within a game.

Everyone, join me please.

Pretend you're mafia. If you're already mafia then just be honest.

Answer these question:
1. Who is your mafia partner in this world?
2. What is your reasoning for killing Bluarian on N1?
My mafia partner would be EuchreJack. I'd have told him to throw suspicion on me d2 so that we can look unpaired in lylo.
We kill Bluarian because he suspected Jack but wasn't vocal enough about it for it to trace back to him.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Player's POEs

It's straight up these two combinations in my opinion:
Magma/Pref - high likelihood
Jack/FoU - low likelihood
So my proposed scumteam is Magma Mater and Roden.
I'm going to go with my individual reads and say that the pair is FoU and prefuzek.
So the remaining team is Prefuzek/Magma, or some less obvious team.
Roden, Magma, and Jack are obv town so scum are FoU and Toony.
If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?

Toony -> Pref/Roden or Jack/FoU
Fallacy -> Magma and Roden
Magma -> FoU and Pref
Jack -> Pref and Magma
Pref -> FoU and Toony
Roden -> Pref or FoU with Magma

I wouldn't call FoU / pref my entire PoE. It's the pair I'm leaning toward, but Roden is a real possibility for me as well. The only person I've really stopped considering is you.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's play a game within a game.

Everyone, join me please.

Pretend you're mafia. If you're already mafia then just be honest.

Answer these question:
1. Who is your mafia partner in this world?
2. What is your reasoning for killing Bluarian on N1?
Huh, interesting approach. Actually, I like it.

My partner would be Prefuzek, and we killed Bluarian because we thought he was a likely power role.
@Toonyman: Makes sure to include this in your ISO.  I'm sure you were going to do so, but I want to know whether you think this makes sense.
I buy into the theory that mafia!Web would have deducted I was Town and placed themselves on a team with me to avoid suspicion.
But as I noted, you shouldn't buy into that team, because under that scenario, I would have been able to ask advice from Web/FOU instead of you.
My overall incompetence can only be attributable to a team-up with Pref or Roden, and you're town reading Roden.  Pref is your POE irregardless of team.
Does this make any sense?  I honestly don't know at this point.  I think it does, but everything I do pisses you off, so I'm probably just making things worse.
Sorry about that.
No offence or anything, but I think you're the type of person who would indeed ask your partner privately, then get fed up with waiting after 10 minutes and ask in-thread instead. I don't think this is a good reason for you and FoU to not be paired.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm a bit cooled off now so Unvote. I've been pulled into other things today so let's look through these Web/FoU posts...

Tric confirmed that mafia can't endlessly stall so we should definitely no lynch today anyway. We can vote for no lynch near the deadline to give maximum time for this holiday weekend.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UNVOTE

Damnit Toonyman!

I was in the bathroom when I figured out that, if you, me, and FOU were all Town, then you almost cost us the game!

You should have know, as a NEWBIE Townie, I would trust you under that scenario.  Only an EXPERIENCED Townie would have know to do the math, and make sure your scenario did not give mafia, who have a scumchat to ensure their votes are almost simultanous, could both vote and win the game!

Damn you Toonyman.  I think you're Town, but no more gambits!  Not following you, when you don't know enough about newbie play to keep Town alive in a NEWBIE game.
I don't understand why you'd vote for FoU at all if he's not your top wolf suspect. It's not even about being a newbie - I could understand if you vote for a suspect without realizing that it could lose the game. Did you really vote there just because ToonyMan asked you to?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Magma Mater: I saw you watching Toony's gambit.  If Toony is town, you're scum.
I logged on via mobile for about five minutes to read the thread while my SO was in the washroom and was trying to catch up on all the posts I missed. I didn't even see Toony's vote. This isn't even a tell, since even if I were a wolf there's no way I could know about Toony's vote without logging on.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I...

Why are y'all even voting when a quickhammer could cost us the game? Are you trying to get me to reconsider my town reads? Bloody 'ell.
This doesn't look like someone who particularly thinks they're about to lose the game.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course one of the possible scum pairs immediately town read me.

Jack, I'll be able to answer your question if you can clarify something for me.

For what it's worth, I saw Magma Mater was on within past 15 minutes prior to my reading Toonyman's message.  Not sure if that means anything.
Scared Townie or excited Mafia?  Thankfully, Toonyman was also checking frequently, and was able to act in 4 minutes.
I'm still new to the site. How did you know Magma was online?
Under your username there's a speech bubble. It has a beige square in it if the person is online (like you are now).

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm falling asleep here, so its mostly just links to FOU/Web and Magma interactions or lack of interactions.  Not like anyone reads my analysis anyways...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its possible.  The fight and voting could be staged.  Mutual bussing for survival?
This isn't an analysis. This is you linking a bunch of posts and asking rhetorical questions under some of them.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the spam, I'm all caught up now.

FoU's posts haven't done anything for my read on them. Him suddenly suspecting Toony might be probing for whether he can mislynch there or if he really does have to kill him.

prefuzek needs to finish their ISO at some point.

I'm starting to feel like I don't know how to read EuchreJack. His posts are just chaos and emotion with no clear thread of thought from one day to another. I don't know what his vote for ToonyMan achieves as either alignment. I don't know what most of his posts achieve as either alignment. At some point I have to do an ISO there because I think I was town-reading him just by virtue of not being able to attribute wolf reasoning to his actions.
His argument for why he isn't a wolf is a bit scummy; if his partner is FoU then he could have been asked to post his questions in-thread to look like town, in which case he'd already have that in his head as a reason for why we should be reading him as town.
I don't think the vote on FoU means anything. It could be a partner tell for he and FoU, as Toony says. Or it could just be town Jack doing what he's told because he trusts Toony.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49