Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Trapped in the Infinite IKEA [Suggestion Game]  (Read 3010 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trapped in the Infinite IKEA [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2021, 12:53:09 am »

It's all gone wrong, lets run away!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 01:14:19 pm »

Okaythankyoubye

Leave the area quickly.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2021, 02:46:41 am »

You decide to make a run for it (you would back away, but you don't fancy your chances moving backwards in an IKEA, you'd probably hit a table or something). You don't look back, because what you saw earlier was clearly impossible, and stupid. You're just going to leave this IKEA now, and think about what you saw later, after you're home.

Or you would be leaving the IKEA, if you could find the exit. Seems like the part about the building layout suddenly making no sense didn't stop being a thing. You consider taking a look at the maps again and hoping that this time one of them will be right, but that's curtailed as you spot a customer associate running at you... on all fours? And by customer associate, you mean something with skin the color and texture of gangrene and no obvious facial features wearing an IKEA uniform.

Something tells you they're not going to tell you where the exit is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 02:59:40 am »

Just keep running, we can find an exit later.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2021, 03:47:31 am »

GTFO.  Maybe grab something while running that we can use to defend ourselves if something suitable is nearby.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2021, 09:37:35 am »

Whatever is going on, you find that not being near whatever that thing is would be a good idea. You're even not-all-that-out-of-shape compared to most people with, well, recent events. But are you in shape enough to outrun that thing?

...You don't look back to check, after a burst of sprinting into a hallway, you turn left and right at random as you pace yourself but importantly, keep running until you feel like you can't anymore. You stop to catch your breath in what appears to be rows upon rows of bookshelves like an unfinished catalogue arrangement, and listen closely for any sounds. You don't hear whatever was chasing you, but decide to pick out a hefty-looking fake book fromn the shelf just in case- only to see the thing "staring" right at you on the other side of the bookshelf.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2021, 03:25:48 am »

Throw the book at it, then knock one of the shelves over on top of it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2021, 08:28:01 am »

"Gah!"

You let out a startled yelp as you instinctively throws the book at the face, but the book simply flop off the tiny slot you made when you pulled a book out in the first place. Fortunately, before the thing could react, you also threw your weight against the bookshelf, as you and the shelf fall over the creature. It was painful for you, but hopefully more painful for the thing caught underneath.

You groan as you get up, but before you could do anything the creature had already crawled out from underneath the shelf.

Thinking quickly, you grab a table lamp to defend yourself with as it lunges at you.

...But the thing simply swats the lamp aside as you try to ward it off. It then dives for you and pins you down as its face split open to reveal its slick, hollow interior dripping with some blue mucus.

You struggle as the mucus sting your face, trying to get the creature off you, but it was too strong.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 10:39:41 am »

Spit it back.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2021, 01:12:58 am »

KICK THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2021, 01:51:18 am »

If the lamp was plugged in, and we can still reach it, shove it into the creature's mouth.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2021, 09:57:01 am »

You notice the lamp on the floor next to you, and reach out for it while the creature is apparently busy trying to... eat you? You're not really sure, but it's straining and you have a feeling something bad would happen if you didn't... stuff the lamp inside its mouth.

It reels back, coughing and making some noises that resemble a human a bit too much for something that looks... like that.

Then a dark-skinned girl you didn't notice before runs from behind the thing and swings her makeshift club at its head, knocking if off you and smashing the lamp inside its mouth, She grunts and hit it again as it reels, though you can't really tell if the creature is actually harmed, it seems to be stunned, and that seems to be enough for her to pull out what looks like a knife from her belt, turn it away from the both of you, and stab it in the abdomen.

The creature makes a gurgling noise as a pool of weird, inky blue goop formed around it, which seems to harden.

You also notice that you're struggling to move your face.

"Might want to peel the shell off before it hardens more," she says in an accent you can't quite place.

"Ugh, I never liked dealing with builders. Always gotta ruin their own uniforms too."

She kneels down on the prone form and grunts as she seemingly tries to pry it off the ground. You notice that she is wearing some kind of patchwork cloak made out of the distinctive IKEA uniform pinstripes. If you have to guess, she's a teenager, very possibly a minor, but the way she holds herself reminds you more of someone much older. She gives you a look as she catches you staring at her weird getup.

"Well? I just saved your life dude, help me pry this guy off the ground before more of them come."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2021, 03:19:25 am »

"Why do we need to pry that thing off the ground?"
Quickly peal the stuff off of us, then help her pry that thing from the ground.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2021, 04:57:27 am »

"Also, what the hell are those things and how can I avoid them?"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2021, 09:49:07 am »

"So that I can get its uniform off," she answers.

"...Why do you want the uniform?" you ask.

She sighs.

"You're from outside, aren't you?" she hesitates for a bit, but then shakes her head.

"Let me guess, you got lost in the IKEA and don't know the way out, either. You're lucky I was around. Sometimes I come by what's left of the new victims... eesh."

"Uh, I guess 'lost' is one way to put it," you muse as you crouch down and with a heave, the two of you pried off the creature from the floor, now encrusted in a hard, blue substance. It seems utterly inert and definitely dead, despite how strong it was earlier.

"What the hell is this thing anyways? And I also met another... employee with some f-" You consider not swearing in front of a teenager, but then decided that's a stupid thing to consider when said kid is field-stripping a dead monster after murdering it.

"-F-fucked up arms that stretch," you finish.

"We call this thing Builders- I mean, they usually don't chase people down, but I guess that was because you pissed off a Beacon. Which was probably the thing you described there."

She cuts several squares on the creature's clothes as she speaks, stuffing them in a ratty satchel.

"Well, anyways, welcome to the Infinite IKEA, I guess," she says with a weary expression.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4