Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 861 times)

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:41:29 am »

1 - Since vehicles are impossible, I'd wish to make an immortal animal that only moves and attacks when it is being riden by an entity. Is that possible?

2 - I wish for said "animal' to make some kind of 'light beam' attack. Is it possible, or for simplicity's sake, should I just stick to dragonfire?

3 - I'd wish to make this "animal" restricted to a very specific race. How so?
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 02:32:33 am »

1. I don't think that's possible.

2. A beam is not possible, but a light blast could be simulated with a projectile attack. Depending on what effect you need, it can be blunt, sharp, or liquid with a syndrome
Interactions aren't my fortè, so unfortunately I can't really explain how to do that. Sorry about that

3.Put this in the entity:

[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:YOUR_CREATURE_HERE]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

Can be also used for creature classes or individual castes.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: A few questions
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 03:01:46 am »

1. Try making the creature constantly secrete a fluid that has a short-term unconsciousness effect on itself.  Then, you can give the race that is supposed to ride it a "start vehicle" interaction (similar to "pet animal") that can only be used on vehicles and temporarily adds NOSTUN.

2. In addition to projectiles, you can use a line-of-sight interaction that produces a syndrome directly.  If you want to add burns, you can also make it spawn a superheated, instantly-evaporating rock at the target.