Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Winners versus Losers - a evolution forum game  (Read 394 times)

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
Winners versus Losers - a evolution forum game
« on: May 22, 2021, 10:12:49 am »

Hello to another evolution forum game, which is made by me, where you guys play as one of two creatures in a race to dominate the world through evolution (basically through evolution votes that you make).

Like other traditional evolution games, there are dice rolls (decided by me rolling the virtual dice), but there will not be one, but be two, this being the adaptation roll and the efficiency roll.

The adaptation roll will determine whether or not your adaptation evolve as intended:

1: your adaptation is useless at doing the intended function
2: your adaptation are barely able to do the intended function
3: your adaptation have a secondary function that it is better at then at the intended function
4: your adaptation have a secondary function that it is able to do though not really good at it
5: your adaptation does the intended function
6: your adaptation does a great job doing the intended function
7: your adaptation does a really great job doing the intended function
8: the intended function of your adaptation starts to affect the other adaptations
9: the intended function of your adaptation starts to greatly affect the other adaptations
10: the intended function of your adaptation will define your descendants

The efficiency roll, on the other hand, determine whether or not the adaptation is helpful to you:

1: you will literally go extinct the next turn if you don’t do anything about it (which case I would give you a creature that is a relative of your creature before it’s extinction)
2: your adaptation is harmful to your existence
3: your adaptation have major caveats
4: your adaptation have minor caveats
5: your adaptation does a fairly good job at making you survive
6: your adaptation does a great job at making you survive
7: your adaptation does a really great job at making you survive
8: your adaptation give you minor biodiversity
9: your adaptation give you major biodiversity
10: it’s detrimental to “devolve” this adaptation

As you are wondering, the other difference between this and other evolution games are the events that happens occasionally during the game (and which will spans some turns), some of them are just events where you adapt to, while others are defined by a winner or loser (thus the name of the game), the winners ( creatures above the vulnerable status) will receive +1 to their rolls while the losers (creatures below the vulnerable status) will receive -1 at their rolls.

But here’s a catch, if the winner have a roll that is above 10, I would subtract ten and leave what is left behind as the final roll, however, if the loser have a roll that is below 1, I would add ten and make it the final roll.

But enough with the rules, let’s get introduced to two organisms I have made for you

Name: swimmers
Diet: bacteria at the water
Description: a worm like organism that swims the way eels do, they have a through gut, a muscular system, a primitive open circulatory system and spore glands inside their bodies, they breathe through their skin

Name: crawlers
Diet: algae
Description: a slug like creature that reproduce by splitting, they have no circulatory system, breathe through their skin and have a blind gut

We start the game when there are four members on the game (two at each team), but we allow a maximum of 8 members, hope you enjoy

The swimmer team:
None
None
None (only when the game starts)

The crawler team:
None
None
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:24:52 am by Mercur »