Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Animismus is You!  (Read 1448 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Animismus is You!
« on: May 19, 2021, 04:34:24 pm »

Welcome to Animismus, where you are seemingly inanimate pieces of scenery making up the world. Of course, you are not actually inanimate, or this would be a very boring game. You can do things that you would conceivable capable of doing following vague gm animist logic.

Scale and actions:
Smaller spiritual scenery, like the local tree or boulder, can act every turn. Larger scenery, like that river or mountain, can act once per two turns. Truly colossal scenery like a sea or desert can act once per 3 turns.

Time to construct the world! There will be some mortals scattered around to admire the scenery and create drama, so keep that in mind when deciding what the world, and by extension you, will be.

Name: Everything has one!
You are: Boulder,Tree,River,Lake,Valley,Mountain,Cave etc. Feel free to describe in detail.
Intended Scale: Small/Large/HUGE. Size isn't everything~
Quirks: Anything that makes you somehow interesting. Potentially ignored.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Animismus is You!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 04:44:47 pm »

Name: Aquarius
You are: the Planet. A water world filled with islands, those small insects that live on you have created floating cities and are avid sailors.
Intended Scale: ALL
Quirks: Massive Tsunamis ever few thousand millennia. Sometimes you gotta stretch.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 04:50:31 pm »

Name: Rnoo
You are: Tree, not particularly tall but very wide with branches and roots going very far sideways
Intended Scale: Small
Quirks: Like most trees, Rnoo shed parts of itself in fall, but unlike most, they don't merle shed leafs, but entire branches small and large
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 04:54:08 pm »

Name: Riverstiltskin
You are: A cheerful young river full of twists, turns, and dangerous rapids. Riverstiltskin is currently a tributary to a major river who forbids their true name from being disclosed, but Riverstiltskin is ambitious and dreams of one day eclipsing this great river as the mainstem.
Intended scale: Medium? From a chilly spring on Mt. Snowmountain to the banks of a great river through woods and hills
Quirks: Beware Riverstiltskin's deceptively narrow stretches for they are swift and deep and prone to drowning air-breathers!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 05:02:49 pm »

Name: Tamea Aha Yoon
You are: A tectonic plate, massive piece of crust from the world's inner spheres. It carries many things on its back, from land to sea.
Intended Scale: Huge
Quirks: It becomes very angry when something is in its way

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 05:11:07 pm »

Name:  Oceana
You are:  The ocean.  One if Aquarius’s children and wife of the air.  Works with the air to sculpt Aquarius.
Scale:  HUGE.  See Aquarius’s description.
Quirks:  Hard to read and given to changing moods on a whim.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 05:37:10 pm »

Name: Wakea
You are: Giant asteroid/dwarf planet.
Intended Scale: Extra huge.
Quirks: One day, I will smash into the world and destroy everything. Until that day, I just taunt it on flybys.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 03:05:23 am »

Name: Rocky
You are: A vaguely horse shaped boulder.
Intended Scale: Small
Quirks: Has quite a bit of lead and sliver inside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2021, 01:59:45 am »

Gather closer to the fire young ones, on this the longest night, and let me tell you the story of everything, as was told to me by our ancestors and was told to them by the breeze and the turtles. It is the story of the World, whose name is Aquarius, wide and wet and uncaring. It is the story of bullish Tamea Aha Yoon, the great stone that keeps Aquarius pinned in place so that it cannot flow away. And of course, dread Wakea who looms overhead, prophesied to murder all that is, even Aquarius.

And of course it is the story of us, we the people of the cunning Riverstiltskin, which flows from Mt. Snowmountain into the Forbidden River, which itself empties into Oceana, daughter of Aquarius and bride of the storm.

Why, even the tree around which we built our village has a name little ones. It is named Rnoo, which we also call the kindly tree, for it offers up entire branches every fall for us to warm ourselves and build our houses, instead of merely leaves.

Do not venture into the Snowmountains, little ones, for they are cold and dangerous, and haunted by a horse made of stone, whose name the Sparrows say is "Rocky".

Now I will teach you of the deeds of the mothers and fathers of your fathers and mothers and those before them, and of how to listen to the whispers of birds, and how to thank Rnoo.

You exist. There are plants and animals, and sometimes people, curious things who look at you and make up stories and steal your names for secret purposes.

Animismus:
Aquarius [Huge]: Cannot act until 3
Wakea [Huge]: Cannot act until 3
Tamea Aha Yoon [Large]: Cannot act until 2
Oceana [Large]: Cannot act until 2
Riverstiltskin [Medium]: Cannot act until 1
Rnoo [Small]: Can act
Rocky [Small]: Can act
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:10:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 04:10:55 am »

Start moving down the mountain and get an idea of where I'm at.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 04:27:12 am »

Drop a massive branch just Infront someone busy in thought, getting them to rethink the world.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 05:49:48 am »

In fit and starts, during the twilight spaces and under the invigorating thrumming of the full moon, whose name was still a secret at that time, Rocky walked and pranced clumsily from his origin among the Snowmountains, into the forests and plains at their foot. In his strange stuttering rock vision, he sees people spot him and make a wide berth to avoid the omen of ill fortune. He sees birds twittering curiously and leaving their droppings on him. He sees a squirrel sniff at him before scurrying away.

There is a twisty and bendy river, that comes like Rocky does, from the Snowmountains. Riverstiltskin is its name, and drowning the unwary is its game! The Forbidden River eddies in backflows that too many mortals have floated into it across the Riverstiltskin in their strange floating-shell things. They itch. Drown them somehow, the Forbidden River pleads.

Rnoo, neither too early or too late, drops a massive branch in front of a lovestruck young teenager who had been sighing against his trunk for days now. It was getting quite tiresome. This seems to awaken the teenager from his daze, and he begins hunting and fishing more actively, trading some of his catch with the other villagers so that they can help him build a hut. Whether he will succeed in courting his love, Rnoo does not yet know.

You exist. There are plants and animals, and sometimes people, curious things who look at you and make up stories and steal your names for secret purposes.

Animismus:
Aquarius [Huge]: Cannot act until 3
Wakea [Huge]: Cannot act until 3
Tamea Aha Yoon [Large]: Cannot act until 2
Oceana [Large]: Cannot act until 2
Riverstiltskin [Medium]: Can act
Rnoo [Small]: Can act
Rocky [Small]: Can act
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 11:43:01 am by Demonic Spoon »

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2021, 01:28:25 pm »

May I join?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2021, 02:40:08 pm »

Sure

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2021, 03:13:03 pm »

Name: Mercurus
You are: a large rocky planet covered in lava and mountains like volcanos, the lifeforms all came from a tardigrade like ancestor or from a resilient fungi
Intended Scale: Large (the planet), medium (the volcanos), small (the lifeforms)
Quirks: Is planning to dominate not only the entire universe but also all the multiverses and timelines, until everything is under Mercurus’s rule
Pages: [1] 2 3