Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Godsquare the Plains of Sand: A succession godgame  (Read 2137 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godsquare the Plains of Sand: A succession godgame
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 01:09:41 am »

"But what about families and such, you can't have one of those with only two people."
Also aid in making the infinite swamp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 07:31:44 pm »

"But what about families and such, you can't have one of those with only two people."

"YES YOU CAN! TWO PEOPLE IS THE MINIMUM FOR A FAMILY!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 07:46:49 pm »

May I join?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 08:28:25 pm »

Name: Storm
Spheres: Weather, travel
Description: A friendly stranger at the side of the road which no matter the form or face, always has an iconic tree root-like lightning scar. (A scar created when a lightning bolt travels from head to toe, rupturing blood vessels all the way down)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2021, 12:47:25 am »

"But what happens when they have a kid?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Mercur

• Bay Watcher
  • Your average spheroid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2021, 06:49:20 am »

Name: infernus
Spheres: morality, punishment
Description: a huge tree that burns eternally, are surrounded by canaries that also burns eternally

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2021, 11:56:02 pm »

"WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY HAVE A KID?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2021, 04:06:54 am »

"WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY HAVE A KID?"
"You said you wanted there to be no more that two people in a group so if they have a kid do they send it out on it's own or does one of the parents leave?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2021, 03:32:24 pm »

"You said you wanted there to be no more that two people in a group so if they have a kid do they send it out on it's own or does one of the parents leave?"

"IF THEY HAD TWO KIDS THEN THEY FORM TWO FAMILIES! AS YOU CAN SEE THIS WORKS OUT PERFECTLY!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2021, 01:56:19 am »

"IF THEY HAD TWO KIDS THEN THEY FORM TWO FAMILIES! AS YOU CAN SEE THIS WORKS OUT PERFECTLY!"
"Wouldn't we need a way to make sure they had two kids at a time for this to work?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 09:08:32 am »

(This game would never update.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2021, 09:59:02 pm »

Turn 2

Rbrs seizes the Mandate of Heaven by violence. Eons turn, then reverse and turn again.

Consensus, uncharacteristic of divine, - some might say unbefitting - circles nonetheless among the massed godthings. By their whim the whirling wheel buckles and bends, warping, widening, becoming a world: spanning one end of endless expanse to the other, the Allswamp encompasses all. Inchoate, it is a swamp of form and thought, not always consistent, for though the godthings assembled agreement according to the overarching outlines of the operation, they worked whiles at cross-purposes where concord conceded to peculiar propensities. Thus the Allswamp is not all swamp, and the inscrutable drive with which it was defined, to tie individuals together into teams, works differently at times, dividing where it would have integrated, first forming families then disbanding them by force.

As for the unfortunate souls so sundered and united, Crab created a clan of colourful crab-men, strong and untamed; they briefly cultivate a common culture, calling themselves Khekade, but soon split up under the unco compulsion which suffuses their country. Before long, the thousand Khekade become five hundred pairs, each frequently broken and reforged, and though they reproduce as fate allows, chance rarely delivers an amenable distribution, as no godthing asserted potentially fertile pairs should be favoured; further, the young they do yield oft stray into the swamp and are scarcely seen again. Accordingly, their population seems set to dwindle till they, one day, disappear and pass away altogether. Until such day arrives, though, they persist, paltry and unsubstantial, wandering the Allswamp and worshipping idols invented from their own wild imagining. One such spirit, specifically, symbolizes the most significant sort of suffering they've seen, which stains every scene of the story of their survival: the Shatterer of Souls, a sinister being who severs the sacred bonds between people in penalty for sin: separating sweethearts, paring parents from progeny, even pettily fracturing faithful friendships when provoked. To placate his temper, he is propitiated with the offerer's own spilled blood (blue, being cupreous) presented in penance. The Khekade are unaware that this entity is effectively equivalent to Deus Duo in particular. Some also sanctify their supposed creator, coolly at best and beset by doubts, with many concluding they could only have been made by mistake by a blundering dunce or a callous and depraved madman - an attitude arising from their assumption that the eventual eradication of their entire ilk is (thanks to the Shatterer) already assured.
[Approximately 500 worship-equivalents each to Deus Duo and Crab, due to the lack of organized Khekade religion or, indeed, society at all.]

All in all, the Allswamp is ill-suited for intelligent life; if it is to be improved, it will be under the auspices of Absence in Meaning, next on the GM rotation.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 01:19:15 am »

Oh no! The crabs are all so lonely! Just like Mur! This isn't what Mur wanted at all!

Mur attracts all the surviving crabs together around Mur, so they won't be lonely! Hopefully this will negate the separation field while in the area of Mur. As a side-effect of lonely Mur being lonely Mur, sometimes space will warp so that some of the crabs happen to wander or stumble into the gaping furnace of Mur, baked into delicious goods to be distributed to the rest of the Crabs.

They can never be lonely if they're part of everyone!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 05:10:14 am »

"Poor crabs, to bad I don't know how to fix the situation, so I'll just make make a more swamp friendly critter."
Bubba creates some gators mortals and dumps them in the swamp then leaves them to their own devices.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 07:43:01 am »

Crab imbues Divinity into the Surviving Crabs, granting them the ability to resist the whims of the gods. This will allow them to ignore the laws of the world to an extent, with larger communities having greater metaphysical weight as they gather together.
Pages: 1 [2] 3