Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Legacy of Chaos: Wardens of the Abyss  (Read 5470 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legacy of Chaos: Wardens of the Abyss
« on: May 18, 2021, 11:31:27 pm »

Legacy of Chaos: Wardens of the Abyss
OOC

Prologue: the End of the Old World

The Four Lords are no more. Chaos runs rampant, overflowing.

The Beasts have fully awakened, and they sing the song of unmaking.

The first sound is the Dragon's breath. The symphony of the World's screams as the destinies of the mightiest legends are extinguished at once.
The second is the Leviathan's wave. It is a single rumbling leaving behind only the silence of erased aeons.
The third is the Behemoth's roar. It is the shattering of the fabric of reality, the unmaking of its woven laws.
And last is the Creature's howl. It is the suffocating silence of oblivion, of all of existence being consumed.

The World has returned to the Abyss.
The Creature's howl has stopped.
Chaos is settling down, and the last remnants slowly drift toward a final state of harmony...

The Beasts rouse once more.
The Abyss sleeps still. For now.

The Chaos Scale is trembling.

Turn 1: From the Abyss

Clawing at the depths of the Abyss, six forgotten lords extract themselves from the nightmare. Like newborns emerging from an abominable womb, they gasp and recoil, blinded by the harmonious and vibrant aura of the Cosmos. Orderly and infinite, unlike the unspeakable and limitless Abyss.

An overwhelming gaze is locked on their backs, and their minds shudder upon recalling fragmented echoes of the eternal torment they suffered in this place of absolute nether. Behind them sleeps a shapeless mouth, a pure hole of colorless oblivion. Darker than the lightless Abyss, this thing that devours all known horizons, dwarfing the Cosmos. This is the Abyssal Creature.

It is upon the six divine spirits to ensure the Creature does not wake up, in order to never return to the Abyss.

Infernose, a Lord of Cooked Wheaten Products. An enigmatic outsider brought to this reality from a past world devoured by the Creature. It managed to endure in the Abyss, miraculously avoiding being consumed by the Creature.
LOL, a Lord of Trolling and Laughing. By its nature it may be a byproduct of Chaos, brought forth during the energetic final stages of the Old World. Though they possess a purpose, they have yet to discover themselves.
inuingo, a Lord of Law. A careless being who wandered too close to the Abyss, causing them to become trapped in it.
Dalarin, a Lord of Knowledge and Secrets. A survivor of the Old World, it is told they usurped the throne of another Lord a long time ago.
Overmind, a Lord of the Mind. An effulgent eye born from the machinations of the Old Lords, it has long desired to dominate its lesser. With the world in a new state, they may have a chance.
Laak a Lord of Systems. Born from the sundering of the Old World, it was one of the many byproducts of Chaos.

For now, they are alone in the Cosmos...

All players start with 4 Ichor and 5 Power.
All players start with 5 additional temporary Power. Temporary Power will be lost once the turn ends.

PRIMORDIAL RIPPLES

Fate: The flames of lost destinies shine bright! Prospective mortal fates look very promising.
Time: The tide of time has changed! Time is plentiful and flowing freely. Prospective civilizations will grow incredibly quickly.
Cosmos: The canvas is blank, and cosmos has overtook part of the abyss! Chaos is dissipating, the World is orderly.
Abyss: The Abyss has withdrawn, the Creature is replete. Long-lost echoes may be found in the Abyss.

CHAOS SCALE

The state of Chaos is INSUFFICIENT [1].
Temporary Chaos: 3
Permanent Chaos: 0
Order Equilibrium: -2
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:26:34 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of Chaos: Wardens of the Abyss - Prologue
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 11:31:46 pm »

PLAYERS STATUS

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:53:14 am by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 12:11:43 am »

Infernose Makes a pair of... Proposals understood.
Doughnut world: A singular Divine world the size of several Divine worlds- in the form of a great Doughnut, constructed such that as long as one has their feet upon its ground no matter if one is on the "inner" side or "outer" side, gravity will generally face "downward" over all giving a Varity of different environments, gravitations, and ect for life to develop in. total cost: 10 Power, 3 Ichor, Infernose will pay '5' power and '1' Ichor personally towards it if others contribute the rest of the cost.
Infernose Sun: Infernose will orbit around the world, whatever shape it takes, and provide lifegiving light somewhere between the "infrared" and "microwave" bands, unless a better suggestion is made and paid for. Total cost: Free.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 05:00:57 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 06:16:51 am »

The Overmind will spend 1 power to create a location, Which could be thought of as the Overminds temporary home. It is a exact replica of the town that used to worship it, Complete with the sacrificial altars and surprisingly luxurious mayors house.

The Overmind decides to rest in the mayors house until further input is given.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 08:21:11 am »

Dalarin, in the interest of studying the plans of Inferose's Torus world, donates 5 power and 1 Ichor to the cause. He then turns his attention to the abyss, searching it's echoes for signs of the four lords of old, and how their downfall came about. To this end, he uses 5 power to spawn an army of servants to scour the depths and alert him to anything of value.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 05:56:27 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 03:30:26 pm »

Iniungo lays down the Law, spending 7 power to create a fleet of lesser worlds without even asking.

Name: Dis Subluminaries
Type: Lesser world (several)
Description: Various (however many I get for the cost) enormous plasma globe full of divine light, roughly the size of large moons relative to the Doughnut World, which will be set into chaotic but collision-safe orbits therearound (including through the hole); each of which illuminates any living being that sets foot on it with a glowing filament of plasma, which also symbolically represents that being's soul, connecting it to that globe's Core. The surface of each globe is like rock in every way except that it is transparent; pebbles and soil weathered from it resemble glass beads. Each also has a normal breathable atmosphere and water, which are not unusual in any way.

Seeing that power cannot be stored, he uses the rest of it to do another thing too.

Name: Space Police Chicken Force
Class: Lesser Servant (army)
Description: An army of feathery white angels to enforce the Law upon the cosmos. Whenever I get around to deciding what the Law will be.
Traits:
- fiery and seraphic
- can manifest mundane weapons from their own essence (for personal use)
- when not under orders, will always seek justice and protect the innocent, no matter how trivial
- are probably not actually chickens
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:28:36 am by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 03:37:57 pm »

Dalarin, Infernose, I respect your endeavor and wish to join you. I ask if you are open to a small central spherical planet, surrounded by a large ring of land encircling said planet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 04:01:49 pm »

The Overmind decides to let the other gods do their thing. But, It does ask if making multiple divine planets is a good idea, Especially this early, As it makes you vulnerable. On second thought, Make as many divine planets as you like.   :D

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »

offer: compromise, method: creation of an orbiting doughnut hole world through slightly shrinking main world. hotel: trivago.
Quote from: revised doughnut world
A singular Divine world the size of several Divine worlds- in the form of a great Doughnut, constructed such that as long as one has their feet upon its ground no matter if one is on the "inner" side or "outer" side, gravity will generally face "downward" over all giving a Varity of different environments, gravitations, and ect for life to develop in. Orbited along the edge by a standard sized mostly spherical divine world the size of the doughnut's "hole" at a point close enough to mildly adjust the gravitation on each world upon the "sides" that face each other without causing the worlds to collide.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 06:34:48 pm »

offer: compromise, method: creation of an orbiting doughnut hole world through slightly shrinking main world. hotel: trivago.
Quote from: revised doughnut world
A singular Divine world the size of several Divine worlds- in the form of a great Doughnut, constructed such that as long as one has their feet upon its ground no matter if one is on the "inner" side or "outer" side, gravity will generally face "downward" over all giving a Varity of different environments, gravitations, and ect for life to develop in. Orbited along the edge by a standard sized mostly spherical divine world the size of the doughnut's "hole" at a point close enough to mildly adjust the gravitation on each world upon the "sides" that face each other without causing the worlds to collide.

The Overmind would be happy to help if you changed the design to be less doughnut, And more actual planet. Don’t get me wrong, It can still be a doughnut, But maybe, Half food, Half planet?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 06:36:53 pm »

The Overmind would be happy to help if you changed the design to be less doughnut, And more actual planet. Don’t get me wrong, It can still be a doughnut, But maybe, Half food, Half planet?
OOC, I never got the impression that it was literally meant to be a doughnut, just a torus-shaped planet.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 06:58:19 pm »

OOC, I never got the impression that it was literally meant to be a doughnut, just a torus-shaped planet.

OOC: :-[

My bad. Just make your doughnut shaped planet. 😅

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2021, 09:34:57 pm »

Laak agrees to commit an ichor to the creation of a torus shaped planet in exchange for sole claim over a sphere taken from the center of the mass, thus creating the torus or donut shape.

If Infernose and Dalarin agree, donate an ichor to the project.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 09:43:11 pm »

AGREE
Laak agrees to commit an ichor to the creation of a torus shaped planet in exchange for sole claim over a sphere taken from the center of the mass, thus creating the torus or donut shape.

If Infernose and Dalarin agree, donate an ichor to the project.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 05:47:03 am »

dalarin abstains. It was infernose's creation, and therefore they had the final say in any alterations. Besides, Dalarin only donated to it to bat aroundstudy the results.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6