Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131324 times)

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1605 on: May 10, 2022, 07:35:47 pm »

((I don't think any except Sunny have been on in a long time. I wonder what made King Zultan disappear off the face of the earth like that.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 13, 2022, 12:33:59 am »

((I hope he comes back.  I still need to purloin his crown again…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 13, 2022, 04:05:27 am »

((Hello everyone I'm back, sorry for the delay my house got struck by lighting on the second and it killed the internet receiver thing and we just got the internet back today.))

"Sorry guys I zoned out for a second, anyway the ant says that artisan guy is apparently encroaching on their land, and that the hive is following a mission granted to them by the magi, but it doesn't seem to know what the mission is."
Ask the ant where we can find an ant in a leadership position to talk to so we find a way for both the ants and the artisan guy can complete their missions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 13, 2022, 11:28:34 am »

((Hello everyone I'm back, sorry for the delay my house got struck by lighting on the second and it killed the internet receiver thing and we just got the internet back today.))

((Oh wow. I'm glad it didn't cause too much damage. We're happy you're back.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 13, 2022, 10:23:56 pm »

"Sorry guys I zoned out for a second, anyway the ant says that artisan guy is apparently encroaching on their land, and that the hive is following a mission granted to them by the magi, but it doesn't seem to know what the mission is."

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Then it looks like we’re all on the same team here!  Hopefully, diplomacy will solve this problem.  And if it doesn’t, then it’ll be a matter that the Magi will have to attend to…”, Hugh replies before squeezing Debbie’s shoulder.  “I pray that your negotiations go well, my girl!

After this, Hugh continues to accompany Debbie but attempts to look more friendly then threatening.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Edit:  added action.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:18:28 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 14, 2022, 03:40:16 am »

((Oh wow. I'm glad it didn't cause too much damage. We're happy you're back.))
((Well it did break a few other things but none of it was super important, anyway I'm glad to be back.))

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Then it looks like we’re all on the same team here!  Hopefully, diplomacy will solve this problem.  And if it doesn’t, then it’ll be a matter that the Magi will have to attend to…”, Hugh replies before squeezing Debbie’s shoulder.  “I pray that your negotiations go well, my girl!
"Hopefully the do, because I don't want to have to fight a whole ant hive."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 14, 2022, 08:25:36 am »

((was really busy, am now back))
"Um, it sounds like they're both working for magi and there's some kind of internal systems conflict. What purpose do the two systems serve and how do they accomplish it?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home
« Reply #1612 on: May 14, 2022, 08:26:05 pm »

"I'll try to figure out something about the Magi that are behind this part of their work."

Aaron attempts to know which of the Magi the artisan works under, and which the ants answer to.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:24:53 am by fatcat__25 »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 15, 2022, 12:19:07 pm »

((Added action to my previous post))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1614 on: May 16, 2022, 08:24:40 pm »

"Alright! I won't take any more magic."

Grey slides his needle up his robe's sleeve into the inventory dimension to show the ant that he won't use it to suck up any more magic.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Ask the ant where we can find an ant in a leadership position to talk to so we find a way for both the ants and the artisan guy can complete their missions.

The ant- which is busy bopping Grey with his forelimbs in a rather adorably harmless fashion-looks to Debby. After a few moments it hops down off Gray's face and crawls back into the tunnel without a word. Huh.

After this, Hugh continues to accompany Debbie but attempts to look more friendly then threatening.

Edit:  added action.
Hugh flexes and looms as best he can, but if the ant even notices him it makes no indication of it. Perhaps they are simply immune to his grandstanding.

"I'll try to figure out something about the Magi that are behind this part of their work."

Aaron attempts to know which of the Magi the artisan works under, and which the ants answer to.

[?]
Your head is filled with white noise and your nose starts bleeding. Thats...different.

As the team mills around, trying to figure out what to do now that the ant has left, they notice something. The ground is shaking. They notice this about 10 seconds before the wall explodes outwards and a crystalline ant the size of a train engine with a head like an enormous battering ram bursts into the room. It looks around the room, its giant crystalline mandibles clacking in thought before zeroing in on Debby. It stomps over to her  and lowers itself down to look at her with one crystalline compound eye.  As it does so, the small ant from before skitters up and onto the top of its head, looking down on the team with what seems like gloating satisfaction. Maybe. The emotions of a rock insect are difficult to detect.

The giant ant makes a sound like windchimes crossed with a pan flute before ending it with a hang drum solo. Its very pretty but no one understands a bit of it aside from Debby.

"She says  we should get on." Debby tells everyone, pointing at the ant .

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 16, 2022, 08:49:44 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  We’d better do as they say, then!”, Hugh exclaims as he helps first Debbie and then whoever else wants to come up onto the back of the locomotive sized ant before placing the artisan on and then hopping on himself.  “Hold on tight, everyone!

Edit: almost forgot about the artisan…
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:22:11 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 16, 2022, 09:59:22 pm »

Get on the ant.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 16, 2022, 10:04:24 pm »

Climb on the ant. Did we ever find out why teh artisan was digging in ant territory? Like, what it's specific task and goal were?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 16, 2022, 10:24:23 pm »

Did we ever find out why teh artisan was digging in ant territory? Like, what it's specific task and goal were?

((You’re right.  Best not to forget the artisan.  Debbie can’t be an interpreter if one of the parties isn’t present.  I’ve updated my post…))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 17, 2022, 04:09:50 am »

"Well I guess we're going on a ride."
Get onto the giant ant, and ask the little one where we're going.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116