Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131412 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1560 on: March 31, 2022, 10:47:24 pm »

The person listens to the various conversations and replies and then spends a moment considering. Then it nods and reaches behind its back. It pulls a longsword out from the unseen place at its lower back and holds that that sword in its left hand.

"I'll expand upon an existing principle." The person says, now drawing a Needle from behind itself with the other hand.

As the group watches, the person  threads the tip of the sword into the eye of the needle. The sword, despite its guard being larger than the eye of the needle, vanishes entirely within the needle. The person  then swings the needle and somewhere in the blur of its movement its shape changes from that of the needle to an exact replica of the sword. The person swings again and the needle has returned.

"You can switch between any forms you feed it; not simply weapons. It will retain its properties as a needle even while in other forms and can shift between forms as you desire, so long as its in your hand."

The person tosses the needle back over its shoulder and the weapon spins off into the distance in a way that's completely impossible given the small room they're currently in.

"Keep up the good work, my beloved homunculi."  The person says, and then steps backwards into the portal and is gone.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 31, 2022, 11:29:50 pm »

The person listens to the various conversations and replies and then spends a moment considering. Then it nods and reaches behind its back. It pulls a longsword out from the unseen place at its lower back and holds that that sword in its left hand.

"I'll expand upon an existing principle." The person says, now drawing a Needle from behind itself with the other hand.

As the group watches, the person  threads the tip of the sword into the eye of the needle. The sword, despite its guard being larger than the eye of the needle, vanishes entirely within the needle. The person  then swings the needle and somewhere in the blur of its movement its shape changes from that of the needle to an exact replica of the sword. The person swings again and the needle has returned.

"You can switch between any forms you feed it; not simply weapons. It will retain its properties as a needle even while in other forms and can shift between forms as you desire, so long as its in your hand."

The person tosses the needle back over its shoulder and the weapon spins off into the distance in a way that's completely impossible given the small room they're currently in.

"Keep up the good work, my beloved homunculi."  The person says, and then steps backwards into the portal and is gone.

((What about Hugh’s action?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 01, 2022, 02:06:38 am »

"That's pretty cool, anyway I guess since he didn't say any thing about it that book wasn't as important as it seemed so I'm gonna go see what's in it."
Go to the kitchen and get a knife then use the knife to cut the rags I have into bandages, then find a quiet place and read that wooden book.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1563 on: April 04, 2022, 09:17:46 am »

((What about Hugh’s action?))
We can assume you vomited up pond water.

"That's pretty cool, anyway I guess since he didn't say any thing about it that book wasn't as important as it seemed so I'm gonna go see what's in it."
Go to the kitchen and get a knife then use the knife to cut the rags I have into bandages, then find a quiet place and read that wooden book.
[4]
You hack the rags into serviceable bandages.

The book appears to be a religious text about the worship of the homunculus the team just killed. Judging from the text, they were seeking "Communion" with it by implanting its vines in their bodies. Also definitely sacrificing locals. Guess that explains where all the people were disappearing to.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1564 on: April 04, 2022, 04:33:25 pm »

Hugh eventually stop vomiting.  “I swear I didn’t know what was in that pond!  I was thirsty and in a hurry, so I just drank as much as I could and then continued running without bothering to look and see what was in the pond!  I’ll have to be more careful next time!”, he exclaims.

After this, Hugh takes a shower and then retrieves a new pair of gloves.  He then goes to the kitchen and eats some food.  While there, he looks for a frying pan and (assuming he finds one) threads it through the eye of his needle.  After this, he goes to the training room and trains with the dummies (with his needle in whatever form it is in), after which he attempts to put a spell that emits a cloud of darkness into his needle.  Assuming there is still time, Hugh goes to his room and goes to sleep.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 05, 2022, 02:35:57 am »

"Hey guys we just kill a cult's god, this book's basically their bible and you know how the plant monsters were people, well apparently some of them turned them selves into plant monsters on propose, and they sacrificed the people they captured. So do you guys think I should bung it into that thing we're supposed magic gubbins into?"

Go get some food to eat and some shelf stable things to carry with me on missions, then grab a sheet from the bed rooms and pull some thread out of it and cut it apart for rags. Also see how Elizabeth's doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 05, 2022, 07:36:11 am »

"It's a book. Put it in the library with the other books, nerd."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home
« Reply #1567 on: April 05, 2022, 06:22:14 pm »

"Neat! I should keep on the lookout for a more versatile weapon to turn my needle into. Also, Debby, I agree with Genesis that the book goes in the library."

Aaron pulls the food out of his sleeve and eats it. He then replaces it with a new batch, making a mental list of what he stores in his sleeve. After this, he links needles with Genesis, Debby, and Tess, breaking his link to Greed.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 06, 2022, 02:19:56 am »

"Was just seeing what people thought of the book, I'll throw it into the library in a minute."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1569 on: April 07, 2022, 10:50:07 am »

Hugh eventually stop vomiting.  “I swear I didn’t know what was in that pond!  I was thirsty and in a hurry, so I just drank as much as I could and then continued running without bothering to look and see what was in the pond!  I’ll have to be more careful next time!”, he exclaims.

After this, Hugh takes a shower and then retrieves a new pair of gloves.  He then goes to the kitchen and eats some food.  While there, he looks for a frying pan and (assuming he finds one) threads it through the eye of his needle.  After this, he goes to the training room and trains with the dummies (with his needle in whatever form it is in), after which he attempts to put a spell that emits a cloud of darkness into his needle.  Assuming there is still time, Hugh goes to his room and goes to sleep.

[5,2,5]
Transforming the needle into a frying pan is easy enough, but actually fighting with it is another thing entirely. As it turns out, frying pans are not designed to be used as weapons and smashing them into wooden dummies more often than not just results in the pan slipping out of your grasp or twisting in a way that dramatically reduces the effectiveness of the hit.

You barf the darkness from your belly into the frying pan needle.

"Hey guys we just kill a cult's god, this book's basically their bible and you know how the plant monsters were people, well apparently some of them turned them selves into plant monsters on propose, and they sacrificed the people they captured. So do you guys think I should bung it into that thing we're supposed magic gubbins into?"

Go get some food to eat and some shelf stable things to carry with me on missions, then grab a sheet from the bed rooms and pull some thread out of it and cut it apart for rags. Also see how Elizabeth's doing.
You chew on a comically large turkey leg while stuffing canned goods into your sleeves. Then you ruin even more bedding before checking on Elizabeth. She's back outside your robe and is glad to be away from all that scary stuff. She says she doesn't want to do any missions like that again. She says she might prefer to stay here and do some work around the cave, if there's anything that needs to be done.

"Neat! I should keep on the lookout for a more versatile weapon to turn my needle into. Also, Debby, I agree with Genesis that the book goes in the library."

Aaron pulls the food out of his sleeve and eats it. He then replaces it with a new batch, making a mental list of what he stores in his sleeve. After this, he links needles with Genesis, Debby, and Tess, breaking his link to Greed.

You eat your sleeve's worth of food before replacing it with
1.A ripe avacado
2. A watercress sandwich
3. Flan
4. Calamari
5. Raspberry Lemon Meringue Pie
6. Baked potato soup
7. Oysters Rockefeller
8. Sticky Toffee Pudding
9. Chicken fried steak
10. Cinnamon Bread

You then break some links and reform others.

The cavern rumbles slightly, as though hit by a mild earthquake.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1570 on: April 07, 2022, 01:37:14 pm »

"Thank you."
I really don't want to get targeted out of the air like that again.
attempt to convince my robes to change to look like a comfortable casual outfit in sky blue with grey highlights, and feed my needle a simple knife so I can reshape it into something much smaller and less distinctive, and then store it in my reshaped robes.
afterwards go wander around and see how the cavern has reshaped itself.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 07, 2022, 02:32:04 pm »

Hugh wakes up and goes to the kitchen.  While there, he stuffs a bunch of food, dishes, silverware, cookware, and serving and cooking implements into the sleeve of his robe (enough that he can cook while out on a mission).  Additionally, he looks for a larger frying pan (the largest and heaviest that he can find) and threads it through the eye of his frying pan/needle.  After this, he finds Genesis and Grey and asks to relink with them (and does so, if they agree).  Finally, he goes and checks to see what made that rumbling.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 07, 2022, 04:02:26 pm »

Check the plaque at the portal for instructions.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 08, 2022, 03:38:51 am »

"If you want to stay in the cave I won't stop you, but I will say that not every mission will be like that, and as for things you can do here well there's a library with books you could read, a training room in case you want to stab a guy made of wood, and a kitchen you could cook in if you wanted, so there are a few things you can do to entertain yourself while we're not here."
Grab a can opener from the kitchen, the search the library for a book on first aid, then tell Elizabeth she can stay in the cave if she wants to, also go ditch tree cult book in the library.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home
« Reply #1574 on: April 08, 2022, 06:22:23 pm »

"It sounds like something is happening. I wonder if our services are needed already."

Aaron goes with Genesis to look at the portal plaque.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 116