Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131512 times)

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1530 on: March 21, 2022, 12:12:39 pm »

"Staying out in the open seems like it'll give us a better chance of not being bombed."

"You are probably right, but I don't know how good the Kill Corps' accuracy is. I want to be outside of the area they are likely to bombard."
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 22, 2022, 12:41:32 am »

"You are probably right, but I don't know how good the Kill Corps' accuracy is. I want to be outside of the area they are likely to bombard."
"But how can we stay our of that area if we don't know where they're aiming at?"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 22, 2022, 08:36:05 pm »

"I'm actually not sure. Perhaps you are right."

(Modified action.)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1533 on: March 23, 2022, 01:28:06 pm »

"They're bombing the town, seems like we need to stay away from the buildings."
Make sure Elizabeth is still with me and look over the dead plant people and see if they have anything useful on them, also if any plant monsters get close shoot themwith the rifleaxe,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
She's still here, but has essentially been hiding in your robe since you got to the village. You wonder where the things in your sleeves go if the robe is destroyed or you die. She might be safer in there, compared to curled up against your chest.

[5]
You search one of the dead plant people and find a small black book that can fit in the palm of your hand. Its cover is made of dark wood and its pages of paper thin slices of wood instead of traditional paper.

Lift my needle against the thing attacking Genesis and unleash the magic it has stored within it with the singular direct command to MAKE. IT. STOP. Spend two fate points upon this attack.
afterwards grab my other thread, the one leading to Grey, and get out of here having done what I can.
Edit: to make it easy to see what Tess's needle is charged with, she charged it once from stabbing The Hammer, aka the giant shark-thing from last mission, and it has been charged once more from killing one of the gourds that were full of the local magic. That's the magic she's unleashing here.

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Won’t give up, will you!  Well, I won’t either!”, Hugh laughs as he repeats his previous actions.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Same action: resist her music, stab her in the chest hole. Soldier on, Genesis.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
[2,1,6][4][5]
[1](1)+1 fate to Hugh[4][3]
"Genesis tells us that he's at the source. If you want to capture this thing, now's the time."

Provided Sharpe agrees Grey takes hold of her and teleports down to the pit through Hugh's link.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
[4]
Tess wobbles a great deal but manages to get her needle up and point it at the singing thing. The resulting blast of seafoam and blood is powerful but not very focused and though it tears the singer from her resting spot and slams her against the wall of the excavation shaft, it doesn't seem to cause her much harm. Hugh again opens his mouth and bites and this time he does seem to get something...but not something good. A moment after he bites down he suddenly goes pale and topples over backwards, unconscious and foaming from the mouth. Genesis finally straightens up and braces the lance against his shoulder. He charges in, across the pit and over to where Tess has shoved the singing creature. He doesn't stab so much as he aligns the lance and simply charges straight into the ancient homunculi. The lance pierces straight into her chest and the growth coming from it, embedding itself in the stone behind her. Immediately the light of the lance flares out and blows away the hazy darkness around the singer. The Singer herself is brightly illuminated and begins to smolder and darken like paper held above a flame.

Almost immediately after Genesis' lance strikes home Grey and Sharpe materialize in the room. Grey looks around in bewilderment but Sharpe immediately runs forward, yanks Genesis away from where he's standing, and then gestures back towards the singer. Her hovering metal cube shoots away from her and then expands. It swells and splits in half, growing large enough to encompass both the singer and the lance. And then it chomps down on them both, instantly enclosing weapon, target, and a large chunk of stone. Then it contracts to its normal size and floats back to Sharpe.

In the heavy silence that follows Sharpe breathes deeply and says "We should get out of this hole and tell the Destroy corps not to hack this village in half."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 23, 2022, 11:11:32 pm »

Aaron, wanting an update on what is going on, tries asking Hugh, but obviously doesn't get an answer. He then tries Grey:
"Hey Grey, do you have any updates on what is going on wherever you are, or anything you need me to do?"

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 24, 2022, 12:13:25 am »

Aaron, wanting an update on what is going on, tries asking Hugh, but obviously doesn't get an answer. He then tries Grey:
"Hey Grey, do you have any updates on what is going on wherever you are, or anything you need me to do?"
"Right, ah...Tess is alive and upright for now, Hugh is unconscious, Sharpe and Genesis took care of the war machine I think, and now all we have to do is stop the Destroy Corps from cutting this place to pieces. Maybe Debby can send them a message?"

Grey renews his link with Genesis, grabs Sharpe and teleports to Aaron, forming an anchor for everyone else to teleport out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 24, 2022, 12:45:08 am »

((wow am I glad I spent two fate points on that roll. a 2 followed by a 1? dodged a bullet there with the double-reroll.))
"Okay... Okay... now we leave... right? right. to grey. Wait. no. Hugh. Uh..."
I carefully sit down on Hugh and grab ahold of him as best I can with my injury, then once I'm stable and have a good grip, and Grey has left the pit, I tug my thread that leads to Grey.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 24, 2022, 12:53:07 am »

"Well done everyone. Especially you three, Tess, Grey, and Hugh. That was a tough one."

Relink with Tess, Grey, and Hugh, then grab Hugh and ride along with Tess to Grey after he portals up to Aaron. Once there, Genesis will drop Hugh, and then lay out the backpack and items we found in the backpack for the villagers to deal with. He'll also leave the ceramic bread loaf here.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 03:08:16 am by Ozarck »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 24, 2022, 12:56:57 am »

"Thank you Grey. I'm glad to hear the main problem is dealt with, and everyone seems to be alive. I'll ask Debby if she can get the message to the Destroy Corps."

"Debby, Grey informs my that Genesis and Sharpe took care of the source of the trouble. Do you have some way to let the Destroy Corps know that they don't have to level the whole place? I can try knowing where they are if you need."

If Debby needs, Aaron attempts to know the exact location of the nearest member of the Destroy Corps, and tells her it. Other than that, he relinks with Grey when he shows up, and waits for the party to assemble.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 24, 2022, 01:51:16 am »

Hugh…

Oh, wait…

((Let’s see if Hugh regains consciousness before being teleported home…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 24, 2022, 02:47:25 am »

((you should make a "Regain consciousness" action tehn, if you want a chance for that.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 24, 2022, 02:49:03 am »

"Hey guys I think I found something important, it's a small wooden book not sure what it's about and don't really have time to read it."

"Debby, Grey informs my that Genesis and Sharpe took care of the source of the trouble. Do you have some way to let the Destroy Corps know that they don't have to level the whole place? I can try knowing where they are if you need."
"I'll try asking the wind where they are but it might not know ether, so hopefully between two of us we can figure it out.

Start running towards the edge of the crater the town's in and ask the wind where the Destroy Corps are spend a fate point on this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 24, 2022, 08:20:47 pm »

Hugh attempts to regain consciousness.

((Note:  updated links.))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1543 on: March 27, 2022, 02:51:11 pm »

"Hey guys I think I found something important, it's a small wooden book not sure what it's about and don't really have time to read it."

"I'll try asking the wind where they are but it might not know ether, so hopefully between two of us we can figure it out.

Start running towards the edge of the crater the town's in and ask the wind where the Destroy Corps are spend a fate point on this.
[5,4]
You ask the wind about the destroy corps and are told that the heavy thing that crashed into town a minute ago was, in fact, them. You sprint out towards that still settling dust cloud and skid to a stop at the edge. A shape moves out through the dust in rapid and decisive steps.  It like a giant multi-point pushpin wearing a cape. Its head is a polished steel sphere about a meter in diameter, and from this sphere extend 4 long metal prongs. The middle two prongs are braided together for part of their length, forming something very loosely resembling a body and legs while the other two are free, resembling arms. Each ends in a sharp point. Its cape or robe is tied at the intersection between the ball and prongs and hangs around its "Shoulders" and down its back, bright and clean but badly tattered. It is carrying, with one arm, one half of a pair of 8 foot scissors. It holds the scissors by the handle, like a sword. It moves with a soft sound of bending metal.  A moment later another like it emerges, followed by a third. These two are carrying the other half of the giant scissors as well as what looks like the pin to hold the two halves together. 

They begin to move towards the excavating pit in the center of town but you run in front of them, waving your arms.  You shout that the "main target" has been dealt with.

"Thank you Grey. I'm glad to hear the main problem is dealt with, and everyone seems to be alive. I'll ask Debby if she can get the message to the Destroy Corps."

If Debby needs, Aaron attempts to know the exact location of the nearest member of the Destroy Corps, and tells her it. Other than that, he relinks with Grey when he shows up, and waits for the party to assemble.

"Right, ah...Tess is alive and upright for now, Hugh is unconscious, Sharpe and Genesis took care of the war machine I think, and now all we have to do is stop the Destroy Corps from cutting this place to pieces. Maybe Debby can send them a message?"

Grey renews his link with Genesis, grabs Sharpe and teleports to Aaron, forming an anchor for everyone else to teleport out.

As Debby is explaining this, Aaron, Sharpe and Grey join her. Sharpe raises her box and speaks to the Destroy Corps, telling them to verify it.  The one with the central pin touches the box with one pointed limb and then steps back. The two scissor-sword wielding members of the corps step past Debby and the rest but the pin wielding one remains.  Debby is about to protest when Sharpe stops her.

"Without the pin they can't use the scissors. Those two are just going to clean up." She says, apparently relieved. "I think our work is done here."

((wow am I glad I spent two fate points on that roll. a 2 followed by a 1? dodged a bullet there with the double-reroll.))
"Okay... Okay... now we leave... right? right. to grey. Wait. no. Hugh. Uh..."
I carefully sit down on Hugh and grab ahold of him as best I can with my injury, then once I'm stable and have a good grip, and Grey has left the pit, I tug my thread that leads to Grey.

Hugh attempts to regain consciousness.

((Note:  updated links.))
As though her words signaled it, the writhing dark tentacles of the teleport beacon arched over the hill and shot down like guided artillery's strikes into the members of the party.  Just before they vanish they see another tendril grab Sharpe. They disappear into the swirling place between places as the two members of the Destroy corps begin methodically cutting down any remnants of the ancient Homunculus' power.

Everyone steps or falls out of the portal back in the cavern, their injuries healed. The only one who isn't hale and hardy is Hugh, who is still laying on his stomach, unconscious and grumbling with Tess sitting on his back.  As the group gets their bearings and surrounds Hugh's prone form they suddenly realize there is one person extra here, looking down on Hugh.  That extra person, they find out later as they speak of the encounter, looked different to every single person who saw them. Grey saw an old woman, Tess saw a young boy, Genesis saw a plump middle aged man, and Debby saw an orangutan that walked like a human.  This person steps over to Hugh and, using one hand, pries open his mouth. They their other arm inside, right up to the shoulder, and then pull it back out. In their hand is what looks like a congealed black smoke.

"Your friend." They say, tossing the smoke into the containment pond near the teleporter, "Ate a fraction of a death curse. A dangerous action, but probably one that protected the rest of you from it. He should be fine now."

As they say this, Hugh grunts and sits up, groggily.

"You've all done well. I believe another reward is called for. Do you have any ideas or would you prefer I think of something?" The person asks, walking over to stand near the teleporter gate.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.
« Reply #1544 on: March 27, 2022, 05:03:10 pm »

"I'm good. If you think it worthwhile, give me anything that will help with the next mission.

I think some of these guys just want cruder weapons than our own, for some reason.

Genesis pauses momentarily, a slightly wistful look crossing his face.

"It was kinda fun stabbing things with that big lance. it even helped me when I fell into things. That lance was one of my top three teammates, so far."

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 116