Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131530 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1515 on: March 17, 2022, 12:39:16 am »

"Hi Grey."
No current action

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 05:12:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 17, 2022, 01:57:02 am »

"If you can get to me, I'm at the source and could use the help!" Genesis yells toward his needle links.

Resist her magic. Bite my tongue if I have to. Get up and stab her in the chest hole.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 17, 2022, 02:28:22 am »

"Hey Tess, looks like you got stuck with something a little bigger than what hit me. We're getting close to the heart of things and Genesis is descending downwards so with any luck we'll be out of here soon."

"I don't think there's much I can do for you, and I'd like to rendezvous with Sharpe while I'm on this side of the pit. Do you want me to try getting Debby here or just wait a little while longer?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 17, 2022, 03:31:50 am »

"The top just fell off that thing, does that mean they killed it?"
Keep poking the enemy to death with the needle.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 17, 2022, 05:19:29 am »

"Hey Tess, looks like you got stuck with something a little bigger than what hit me. We're getting close to the heart of things and Genesis is descending downwards so with any luck we'll be out of here soon."

"I don't think there's much I can do for you, and I'd like to rendezvous with Sharpe while I'm on this side of the pit. Do you want me to try getting Debby here or just wait a little while longer?"

"I'll make it, you can-"
"If you can get to me, I'm at the source and could use the help!" Genesis yells toward his needle links.
sniffle
"Shit."
I attempt to get on my feet, and steady myself, verifying I can still hold my needle, re-stabilize my breathing, and take hold of my thread leading to Genesis.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 17, 2022, 08:19:49 am »

"I'll make it, you can-"
sniffle
"Shit."
I attempt to get on my feet, and steady myself, verifying I can still hold my needle, re-stabilize my breathing, and take hold of my thread leading to Genesis.

"Damn, alright I need to get to Sharpe on the double. Be careful and stay alive."

Grey makes sure he's got a link with Tess and starts legging it towards Sharpe. My mental map of the battlefield is a little fuzzy but it should be a straight run from Tess to Sharpe without anything in between I reckon.

Remember that Grey's needle spell protecting everyone from one (1) instance of harm is still active, so if Genesis catches a heart attack or the like it 'ought to keep him alive for a bit.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 12:15:11 pm by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 17, 2022, 11:34:01 am »

Hugh pulls the thread linking him to Genesis.  When he arrives, he attempts to eat the mannequin’s ability to speak while also stabbing her with his needle.

Ho! Ho!  Have at thee, Witch!

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

[/quote]
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1522 on: March 19, 2022, 12:10:34 pm »

"I'll make it, you can-"
sniffle
"Shit."

"Damn, alright I need to get to Sharpe on the double. Be careful and stay alive."

Grey makes sure he's got a link with Tess and starts legging it towards Sharpe. My mental map of the battlefield is a little fuzzy but it should be a straight run from Tess to Sharpe without anything in between I reckon.

Remember that Grey's needle spell protecting everyone from one (1) instance of harm is still active, so if Genesis catches a heart attack or the like it 'ought to keep him alive for a bit.

[5]
You climb out of the half destroyed house and sprint on up to the edge of the crater containing the town. You follow the edge back towards Sharpe and find her still spraying that destructive silver force down at any clusters of hostiles she notices.

"That was the destroy corps." She says, unprompted as you skid to a stop. "They've got to be near.  But they can't use those scissors of theirs if the target is underground. They'd cut a slice of the world off..."

"The top just fell off that thing, does that mean they killed it?"
Keep poking the enemy to death with the needle.
About a dozen more look to be coming towards you but a spray of silvery magic from Sharpe on the hilltop obliterates them.  For the moment, things seem safe here.

Resist her magic. Bite my tongue if I have to. Get up and stab her in the chest hole.

[3,3]
You shuffle forwards towards her, feeling very heavy. She speaks again and you nearly collapse but manage to keep your legs under you. You notice, vaguely, that your mind isn't getting taken over like Grey's was. Hmmm. A consideration for another time.

Hugh pulls the thread linking him to Genesis.  When he arrives, he attempts to eat the mannequin’s ability to speak while also stabbing her with his needle.

Ho! Ho!  Have at thee, Witch!

"I'll make it, you can-"
sniffle
"Shit."

[4,3][6,1] (fate point to Tess)
Tess and Hugh appear next to Genesis. Hugh appears in good spirits, though as soon as the sound down here hits him he does start bleeding from the nose. Tess seems completely immune to whatever the voice of the target is doing, but perhaps that only because she's just barely keeping on her feet and using her needle as a crutch.  Hugh bites the air again and the sound around the three Homunculi seems to grow just a bit muffled.

The ancient homunculus stops for a moment and then begins singing a different song.

Up top, several things fly in like an artillery strike  and slam into a more northern section of town, demolishing several buildings. They seem to have come from the forest to the south and were metallic.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 19, 2022, 03:09:30 pm »

Lift my needle against the thing attacking Genesis and unleash the magic it has stored within it with the singular direct command to MAKE. IT. STOP. Spend two fate points upon this attack.
afterwards grab my other thread, the one leading to Grey, and get out of here having done what I can.
Edit: to make it easy to see what Tess's needle is charged with, she charged it once from stabbing The Hammer, aka the giant shark-thing from last mission, and it has been charged once more from killing one of the gourds that were full of the local magic. That's the magic she's unleashing here.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 03:57:32 pm by Lenglon »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 19, 2022, 11:04:24 pm »

Same action: resist her music, stab her in the chest hole. Soldier on, Genesis.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 20, 2022, 12:21:40 am »

"Genesis tells us that he's at the source. If you want to capture this thing, now's the time."

Provided Sharpe agrees Grey takes hold of her and teleports down to the pit through Hugh's link.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 20, 2022, 01:35:38 am »

"They're bombing the town, seems like we need to stay away from the buildings."
Make sure Elizabeth is still with me and look over the dead plant people and see if they have anything useful on them, also if any plant monsters get close shoot themwith the rifleaxe,
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 20, 2022, 06:57:55 pm »

"The Kill Corps must be almost here. Debby, we should probably retreat south, so we don't become collateral damage."

Aaron sticks out in the open with Debby, impaling hostiles if necessary. He also attempts to know if the sound from the thing in the crater causes long term harm to the hearer.

(Action modified.)

« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 08:37:50 pm by fatcat__25 »
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 21, 2022, 12:23:20 am »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Won’t give up, will you!  Well, I won’t either!”, Hugh laughs as he repeats his previous actions.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 21, 2022, 01:42:44 am »

"The Kill Corps must be almost here. Debby, we should probably retreat south, so we don't become collateral damage."
"Staying out in the open seems like it'll give us a better chance of not being bombed."
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 116