Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 131678 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: HOLY
« Reply #1455 on: February 07, 2022, 03:45:31 am »

"Ask the Magi."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 07, 2022, 10:12:40 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  A plan!  A plan!  Anyone have a plan?”, Hugh laughs nervously (and not too loudly)…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: February 08, 2022, 01:59:47 pm »

"We can make one up as we go I suppose."

Grey pulls out his needle.

"Aaron, we've found Greenveil and it looks like what we're seeking may be at the heart of it. The town is inhabited but with what I cannot see from here. We're going in so if you teleport to us be on your guard."

Grey goes with Genesis and disguises himself as whatever terrain he's currently walking on, stone most likely.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 07:27:13 am by Fire and Glory »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 08, 2022, 06:58:50 pm »

"Thank you Grey. I'm just trying to arm Sunny with a staff before joining you, but if you urgently need help, you can call for me."

Aaron then turns to Sunny.
"Sorry. Maybe it would work for you to ask one of the big trees for a walking stick."

Aaron then attempts to know if there are any weapons besides his nearby.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Sunny should have a Fate Point now, since he rolled a 1.))
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 09, 2022, 01:05:24 am »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Do you think you could get me near that excavation?  When I was first created, I ate the darkness in a magical lighthouse the find a way to the top.  Mission ended before I could figure out how to light it, though!  Ho! Ho! Ho!  I’d like to try eating the darkness in the excavation so we can see what’s in it.”,  Hugh asks Grey and the others.  “I’d also like to know what our new Lady friend thinks of my idea! Ho! Ho! Ho!”, Hugh laughs as he turns to Sharpe.

Hugh accompanies Grey and Genesis, moving cautiously as he goes,  needle at the ready, ready to defend himself and the others.  He also takes the opportunity (when/if it becomes prudent to do so) to change his appearance.  He also periodically scans his surrounding both with his own eyes and with his needle, but avoids viewing the central excavation with his needle.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1460 on: February 10, 2022, 01:20:23 pm »

"Hey, one: I wasn't the one that tore you from anywhere." frowning Sunny looks up at Aaron "My friend did, and two: I never said you were fat." he adds poking the sapling "Please, let me go and I'll try to make up for my comment!" Sunny tries reasoning with the sapling.

[2]
The sapling does not listen.

"Thank you Grey. I'm just trying to arm Sunny with a staff before joining you, but if you urgently need help, you can call for me."

Aaron then turns to Sunny.
"Sorry. Maybe it would work for you to ask one of the big trees for a walking stick."

Aaron then attempts to know if there are any weapons besides his nearby.

((Sunny should have a Fate Point now, since he rolled a 1.))
[?]
You don't believe there are any weapons, other than your own, nearby.

"This place doesn't seem near as pleasant and charming as the brochure made it out to be. Also how are we planing on doing this because I have a feeling we're gonna have to kill a few of these people in order to get anywhere near the town center."
While people decide what the plan is I stay with the group and try to see if any of the buildings near the teams current position are in good shape and see if I can't figure out what they where used for before becoming abandoned.
[1]

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Do you think you could get me near that excavation?  When I was first created, I ate the darkness in a magical lighthouse the find a way to the top.  Mission ended before I could figure out how to light it, though!  Ho! Ho! Ho!  I’d like to try eating the darkness in the excavation so we can see what’s in it.”,  Hugh asks Grey and the others.  “I’d also like to know what our new Lady friend thinks of my idea! Ho! Ho! Ho!”, Hugh laughs as he turns to Sharpe.

Hugh accompanies Grey and Genesis, moving cautiously as he goes,  needle at the ready, ready to defend himself and the others.  He also takes the opportunity (when/if it becomes prudent to do so) to change his appearance.  He also periodically scans his surrounding both with his own eyes and with his needle, but avoids viewing the central excavation with his needle.

"We can make one up as we go I suppose."

Grey pulls out his needle.

"Aaron, we've found Greenveil and it looks like what we're seeking may be at the heart of it. The town is inhabited but with what I cannot see from here. We're going in so if you teleport to us be on your guard."

Grey goes with Genesis and disguises himself as whatever terrain he's currently walking on, stone most likely.

"Looks like we're inside the veil.

Why would we need to kill any of them? We only need to determine the cause of the kidnappings and ensure they don't happen anymore. If you cannot talk them down, use your gloves to push the magic out of them."

Inspect my damaged robe. still effective as a disguise? Either way, move toward the central excavation.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
Genesis inspects his robe before the group heads out. Its not as good as if it were undamaged, there's effectively just a floating left stomach and hip area among all the grass and bramble. However, its better than nothing. 

Grey, Genesis, and Hugh start down the edge of the crater towards the excavation site. They're just around where the forest becomes thinner and the homes more intact when they hear something behind them. A crack that builds into a great rumbling. They turn around to see a  small landslide rolling down the slope of the crater about 100 feet from their location. The landslide, apparently consisting mostly of old bits of house and uprooted trees,  roars down into the occupied area of Greenveil and stops with a seismic grumble.  Up at the top of the bare scar left by the landslide is Debby, looking quite bewildered.

A bell begins to toll within the village and the darkness at the excavation site deepens rapidly. A great, spectral tree of thorns seems to shimmer into existence from the darkness around the hole, rising up so that its boughs overshadow everywhere within several miles.  The woman's voice rises until its shaking the air.

Genesis and Hugh, cover their ears but Grey goes stock stiff, vibrating on his feet as though having a seizure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: February 10, 2022, 11:10:24 pm »

I forgot to add the fate point I got from rolling a 1 on imbuing my robe with the thorn magic so  I have added that this turn.

Tap my ears with my needle, then tap the ground. intent is to create a "ground" to bleed off magic noise and magically amplified noise. Action is focused on my ears but is intended to have a general effect on my whole person. If this works, attempt the same with Grey. Keep the murderlance ready against attacks from the central thorn stuff.
((don't want to attempt magic on Grey while he is doing magic himself))

« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:04:56 pm by Ozarck »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: February 10, 2022, 11:48:24 pm »

Grey attempts to Maintain the position of all magically charged or physically dangerous sound near its point of origin, creating small spheres that the sound cannot escape from.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 11, 2022, 02:45:12 am »

Hugh opens his great maw and eats the noise.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2022, 04:11:54 am »

"Holy shit I just barely touched that thing and it all collapsed!"
Quickly make my way to where the rest of the group is and have a weapon at the ready in case of attack, also make sure Elizabeth is still with me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2022, 04:39:28 am »

I check on what Sharpe is doing, and then take flight. from above I take advantage of my position to observe the movements down below and relay what I can see down through my thread link to genesis so they have up to date information about the movements of the opposition.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 13, 2022, 09:43:08 pm »

"Alright, we are joining the others. We'll worry about the staff later. Watch out for hostiles upon arrival."

Aaron forces his arm through the tree branches, gets a good hold around one of Sunny's shoulders, and pulls the string to Hugh 3 times. He relinks upon arrival.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 13, 2022, 11:51:18 pm »

((I'll skip my turn, this round busy rn.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1468 on: February 14, 2022, 10:57:11 pm »

Hugh opens his great maw and eats the noise.

[5]
Hugh opens his mouth very wide. Inhumanly wide actually. There are snakes who would be jealous. And then he slams it close with a clack of teeth like a gunshot. And everything is utterly silent.  No more singing, no more bell, no more yelling. Silent. For the moment, at least. Steam or maybe smoke is pouring out between his teeth but he seems unharmed.

"Alright, we are joining the others. We'll worry about the staff later. Watch out for hostiles upon arrival."

Aaron forces his arm through the tree branches, gets a good hold around one of Sunny's shoulders, and pulls the string to Hugh 3 times. He relinks upon arrival.

Sunny and Aaron appear silently next to Hugh. After looking around for a moment they wonder if this was a good idea.

I check on what Sharpe is doing, and then take flight. from above I take advantage of my position to observe the movements down below and relay what I can see down through my thread link to genesis so they have up to date information about the movements of the opposition.

Sharpe, who has been silent this entire time even before Hugh ate the sound, is staring very intently down at the excavation site. The cube which was orbiting her head has stopped in place in front of her, at the level of her chest and is spinning slowly on its axis.
[6][1]

You flap up into the air with a flourish of wind, rising over 100 feet within seconds. However silent this is, the rapidly rising form of a purple robe is still quite noticeable. You get a look at the distant forms of humans and...less human things scrambling towards the collapsed area near the team. You report this to Genesis just as the giant ethereal thorn tree hanging over the village seems to notice you. Its response to your presence is a swift stabbing branch that pierces down from the heavens like a lightning bolt. It skewers you straight through the belly and spikes you into the ground below. [-8 HP]

I forgot to add the fate point I got from rolling a 1 on imbuing my robe with the thorn magic so  I have added that this turn.

Tap my ears with my needle, then tap the ground. intent is to create a "ground" to bleed off magic noise and magically amplified noise. Action is focused on my ears but is intended to have a general effect on my whole person. If this works, attempt the same with Grey. Keep the murderlance ready against attacks from the central thorn stuff.
((don't want to attempt magic on Grey while he is doing magic himself))

[1]
You tap the needle on your ear and immediately stop this action because doing this burns off your earlobe. [-1 hp]

"Holy shit I just barely touched that thing and it all collapsed!"
Quickly make my way to where the rest of the group is and have a weapon at the ready in case of attack, also make sure Elizabeth is still with me.
You run down and join the three advancing down the hill.

Grey attempts to Maintain the position of all magically charged or physically dangerous sound near its point of origin, creating small spheres that the sound cannot escape from.

[4]
Grey, in the silence, manages to pull himself together enough to strike out with a spell. He is still shaken, and the current silence has rendered his plan somewhat moot, so he instead focuses on the excavation pit. He forces a bubble of "Maintain" over it, maintaining the silence within.

As the four moving towards the excavation site make ready to fight with what they assume are silently approaching hordes a spray of silver whips down from above and silently demolishes several homes and raises a cloud of dust. Sharpe, from her vantage point, seems to be providing covering fire somehow. The team looks up to her but all they can see is her cube hovering in front of her, spinning on its axis. She gestures at them, finger pointing first towards the excavation site and then out to the south. She taps her wrist, where a watch might be worn.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 15, 2022, 02:56:13 am »

Grey takes advantage of the smoke screen to scramble into cover inside the ruins, using his robe to camouflage himself with the intent of hiding until the bulk of the enemy forces have moved past his position.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 116