Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132041 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: The Turn where everyone failed to be productive
« Reply #1320 on: December 09, 2021, 09:48:35 pm »

Hugh looks down towards the ground.  “Ho! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH… SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!”.  Hugh then remembers something and pulls the thread connecting him to Genesis, three times.  Afterwards he relinks with Genesis.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

((Btw, who rolled a 1?  Don’t they get a fate point?))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 09, 2021, 10:07:08 pm »

(It'll be you who rolled the 1. +1 fate for Hugh)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 10:31:51 pm by Fire and Glory »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1322 on: December 09, 2021, 10:24:17 pm »

"Where did Hugh just go??"

Aaron attempts to know what sort of guard the creator of this magic keeps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 09, 2021, 11:27:55 pm »

"I don't know who. I wasn't paying attention. Did someone leave?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 10, 2021, 03:21:24 am »

"I guess Hugh went with grey, also it seems the medicine is home made and unlabeled so no clue what it's for, and the books are kind of random but nothing helpful."
Look around the area and see if there's anything else interesting sitting around or any clues as to what happened here we missed earlier.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1325 on: December 14, 2021, 12:50:00 am »

Oh man, I almost forgot about fate points. Well, try again with my other glove and another rock. Sew them together and imbue the result with the animating magic with the intent of having the thing scurry back to it's point of origin.

I'm just going to assume that my failed experiment distracted me enough that Genesis didn't notice the giant disappearing nearby.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
[2,1]
Hmmmm.

I'm gonna assume we do this again. You have fate to burn.

[2,5]

Sewing is effective.

[5]
Magic is too! You poke the glove rock thing with the needle and the black magic pours into it. It distorts visibly, fingers getting longer and skinnier. It rises into those elongated fingers and skitters off like a spider.

Bah, the magic's been most uncooperative lately. Even Hugh's affected by it. No matter, it'll work eventually.

On a path Grey again Maintains the magic or lack of magic permeating his body.

Once far away enough that the group won't be influenced by it, Grey lets loose the spell in his needle: Maintain the health and well being of Grey and every Homunculous that is allied with Grey and is within 2 miles of him (1).

All goes well and Grey is still alive, he teleports back to his Homunculi friends afterwards.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
[2]No!
[2]NOOOO!
[2]NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Literally three 2's in a row. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but I think fate is strictly against that spell.

Hugh looks down towards the ground.  “Ho! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH… SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!”.  Hugh then remembers something and pulls the thread connecting him to Genesis, three times.  Afterwards he relinks with Genesis.

((Btw, who rolled a 1?  Don’t they get a fate point?))
You rolled the 1. You get a fate point.

And you teleport down and reconnect. That ability sure is useful. Hopefully you don't telefrag yourself next time.

"Where did Hugh just go??"

Aaron attempts to know what sort of guard the creator of this magic keeps.

[?]
Hmmm...people. Yep. People.

"I guess Hugh went with grey, also it seems the medicine is home made and unlabeled so no clue what it's for, and the books are kind of random but nothing helpful."
Look around the area and see if there's anything else interesting sitting around or any clues as to what happened here we missed earlier.
[1]
You attempt to overturn a large rock to see what's under it and drop it on your foot. [-2 HP] OW.

The glove, searching out its creator, doesn't follow the path. Instead it sprints off into the woods heedless of the difficulty larger beings have to keep up with it. The team follows it for a while, despite being battered by tree branches and stumbling through undergrowth. Finally they break out into a clearing. The clearing is a huge, oddly circular thing with a small pond in the center of a shallow depression. The glove skitters to the pond, circles it once, and then starts heading off further into the woods. As the team follows, they notice there is something in the pond; something metallic reflecting at the bottom.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 14, 2021, 02:01:00 am »

Ughhhhhhhh fine. Grey spends 1 fate point on Maintaining the magic or lack of magic permeating his body and if it doesn't work this time Grey just teleports back. If it does work he discharges the spell in his needle: Maintain the health and well being of Grey and every Homunculous that is allied with Grey and is within 2 miles of him (1), teleporting back afterwards.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:24:50 am by Fire and Glory »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 14, 2021, 06:10:26 am »

"That shiny thing in the pond might be important, I'm gonna try to get it."
Ask the pond to give us that shiny metal thing at it's bottom.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 14, 2021, 11:27:06 pm »

"I guess, though I want to focus on the glove for now."
Keep following the glove.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 14, 2021, 11:42:53 pm »

"I'll be with you in just a moment. I just want to get some information on this object before moving on."
Aaron attempts to know the purpose of the metallic object. He also, very cautiously, looks at the pool through his needle. Once these are done, he catches up with Tess.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 15, 2021, 12:56:36 am »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Just what I needed!  A refreshing drink!”, Hugh exclaims as he bends down and drinks all of the water in the pond leaving behind the metallic object.

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1331 on: December 16, 2021, 02:03:11 pm »

Ughhhhhhhh fine. Grey spends 1 fate point on Maintaining the magic or lack of magic permeating his body and if it doesn't work this time Grey just teleports back. If it does work he discharges the spell in his needle: Maintain the health and well being of Grey and every Homunculous that is allied with Grey and is within 2 miles of him (1), teleporting back afterwards.

[4,5]
You maintain your current magical state.  Then you release the spell. It promptly yellows the leaves and grass, withers the flowers, and blackens the moss within maybe 100 feet. You, however, are ok.

You teleport back to the group.

"That shiny thing in the pond might be important, I'm gonna try to get it."
Ask the pond to give us that shiny metal thing at it's bottom.
[4]
Ho! Ho! Ho!  Just what I needed!  A refreshing drink!”, Hugh exclaims as he bends down and drinks all of the water in the pond leaving behind the metallic object.

[5]
"I'll be with you in just a moment. I just want to get some information on this object before moving on."
Aaron attempts to know the purpose of the metallic object. He also, very cautiously, looks at the pool through his needle. Once these are done, he catches up with Tess.

[?]
Debby asks the pond for the shiny thing. Hugh eats (drinks?) the pond. Aaron considers the shiny thing.

The result is a now dry depression  with the shiny object sitting clearly visible.  The shiny object actually turns out to only one of many shiny objects. The bottom of the pond, which is the bottom of a depression in the center of a clearing, is filled with bodies. With the water and a layer of soil missing shining armor and unbelievably ancient bones lay exposed. There looks to be about two dozen here, laying around and atop one another, scattered randomly. In the center of them, jutting straight up, is the shining object the team noticed at first. Multiple of the corpses have their bone fingers wrapped around it. It appears to be a lance, judging by what can be seen as it remains half buried in the mud. It has the long handle of a lance, encompassing bell-like guard of a lance, and the tapering metal spike of a lance. But the handle has no wrapping, no grip to hold on to, and the end cap is splayed like the flight on a dart.

Aaron's considerations leaves him with the following conclusion.  This is a weapon, some evolutionary ancestor of the needle they're wielding right now. In some ways clumsy and inefficient, in others far more potent.   This is a weapon designed to kill mages and their creations. And its like did so by the thousands.

"I guess, though I want to focus on the glove for now."
Keep following the glove.

You keep following the glove. It continues running through the woods. Town is many miles from here so this is probably gonna be a long run.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 16, 2021, 02:15:22 pm »

"I wouldn't advise anyone touch that lance. It has powers like our needles, and was built to kill mages and other magical beings, like us. I can't see how it would be the source of the magic, but it still is probably dangerous."

Aaron carefully looks through his needle at the pile of dead, and then at the lance, and attempts to know what caused the death of all these people.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 16, 2021, 02:30:22 pm »

"Noted"

Acquire lance. Spend all 3 remaining fate points to do so.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 16, 2021, 05:38:17 pm »

((I live yet again!))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 116