Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132106 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1260 on: November 27, 2021, 08:08:32 am »

"I'll try to find out where we are, exactly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 27, 2021, 05:07:57 pm »

"I... If you want to try to help me I'm willing to let you Debby."
I do my best to stay still and calm, and give Debby the best chance for success that I can.
I mean, I think my body already is trying to heal, so I'm not sure if she can actually help or not, but I mean, all-tongues seem to give more power to whatever they talk to, so I guess it's worth the attempt.[/b]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:21:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 27, 2021, 09:06:45 pm »

I do my best to stay still and calm, and give Debby the best chance for success that I can.
I mean, I think my body already is trying to heal, so I'm not sure if she can actually help or not, but I mean, all-tongues seem to give more power to whatever they talk to, so I guess it's worth the attempt.[/b]

((Hmm…))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:38 pm »

((Hmm…))

This is going to be interesting. :D
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 28, 2021, 04:17:34 am »

(Shh you just forget that happened, and just to be safe I spent a fate point on it this time.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1265 on: November 28, 2021, 09:50:53 pm »

Repeat previous actions (except for the part about eating the hardness from the ground.  Don’t need to do that anymore).  Also, follow the group if they start to leave.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Edit:  clarification and keep with the group.
[2]
You try once again to hack the magic up but it is solidly in your belly. You relink with Grey and follow along, assuming they go anywhere.

"I can't tell how many other hostiles there are out here right at the moment. That sound might have been calling another attack, so we should be careful. We could try heading east the way the magic went, or wait for a bit."

While he waits for other people to make up their minds, Aaron attempts to know what sort of mage made these creatures.

[?]
Not a mage. Not a Magi. A homunculus of a kind. Something of extreme age, from the days before the covenant.

"Thanks for catching me Grey. Hey Tess do you want me to try to get your body to heal faster by asking it?"
Spend one fate point to ask Tess's body to heal itself faster.
[5,3]
You ask Tess' body to heal up immediately. It says it will oblige, but asks for some meat in return.

Debby informs you that negotiations with your body went well, but it requires some meat in order to heal. She says it initially wanted to unionize but she talked it out of that.

"Wonder if our needles can stitch wounds? Tess? Want to test it out? Could be risky. If you do, best use Grey's needle. Mine still has that black, disturbing Gourd Magic inside. Wouldn't want to stitch you up with that. Ah, Tess, think you can fly up and get a look around from above? Might at least tell us which direction the village is in. If we're lucky you might get a clue as to which direction the, um ... the voice was in."

Patrol the perimeter of our little encounter space, looking for clues. Use the needle as well as my regular eyes. We're still looking for a direction to move toward. Be sure to stay in sight of the team while doing this. Also, check the otehr gourds - the ones I put my glove on. Still where I left them?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
[2]
You walk the perimeter, kicking the remnants of the gourds and poking at their bodies with your needle. There's nothing particularly striking about their physical forms or anything in the area. So you raise your needle like a magnifying glass and start searching around again.
[5]
For a few moments you don't seem to see anything. Everything looks...well not the same since you're looking at everyone's skeletons and guts and all the insides of trees and all sorts of weird things. But you don't see anything that sticks out as immediately wrong. Then you notice something subtle. You lower the needle and then raise it again several times to confirm. The sky through your needle's eye is darker than what you see normally.

The gloves and gourds you left are where you left them. And they see nothing out of the ordinary.

Ow.

"No problem."

"'East' is more vague than I'd like, but if this is the best direction we can manage, I'm ready to set out."

Since we're sort of lost, Grey jumps upwards and Maintains his rising altitude, seeking to fly above the trees. Once he's above the forest, Grey surveys the landscape for the village we came from. While up there he looks to see if Greenveil or anything weird can be spotted as well, using his needle to find out if any part of the forest is magically dense.

After he's had a good look, he cuts the Maintaining and uses his needle link to teleport back to ground level.

If there's time he also looks over the gourd on the least smashed creature, checking to see if there are any marks on it or inside it aside from the carved face.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
[4,5,1]
You hop up and maintain that movement. You catch yourself a bit late in the movement so you drift upward more slowly than you'd like. It takes about a minute to slowly shove your way through the canopy and get out above the forest, then another several minutes to raise as high as you think is good. Its still early in the morning and the sun has yet to rise or even illuminate the horizon a bit. As such the forest and everything around you is in utter darkness, except of course for artificial lights. You can see the lights from the town you were just in behind you. And off to the east, a pretty great distance away, you can see more lights. They're not the soft amber of the town, but a strange purple blue light. It shines dimly out through the treetops in a wide area, just barely visible.  Had this not been a moonless night, you probably couldn't have seen it.

You squint at that distant light and raise your needle to look at it more carefully. [-3 HP] You get only a momentary glimpse, just an impression for a fraction of a second. A great black flower blooming up from that distant glow, spreading a shockwave of thorn covered vines across the forest. Immediately you feel as though someone has driven one of those thorns directly into your eye.  You pull the needle away, screaming and covering your eye with one hand. It takes you a few seconds to remember what you're doing  and you focus just long enough to break your spell and teleport down.  Once on the ground you drop to your knees and hold your head, clutching at your eye.  You can feel fluid and a quick glimpse reveals it to be blood. You try and open your eye a bit and  it burns mightily. Your vision through that eye is red and hazy, unable to focus.  Gentle touching proves the eye is  still there and not punctured but it certainly feels like it.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 28, 2021, 10:26:02 pm »

Grey takes a few moments to breathe and then stands up, holding his hand over his eye.

"Ngh...I think I spotted what's causing the trouble, it's east alright, far off. Glowing light underneath the trees with a giant plant at the heart of it. Whatever's in there didn't like me."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 29, 2021, 05:20:44 am »

"The whole sky around here is darker when viewed through the needle as well, so the influence of this being is pretty strong."

I'm going to assume we talk about what happened and Genesis looks through his needle at Grey's eye. Then he is going to attempt to push the magic out of Grey's eye - unless he thinks doing so will cause harm - like the magic is barbed or something. He only has one glove on, so if that isn't enough he'll borrow one from Grey or let someone with two gloves try it instead.

If everyone else is ready, let's go back to the village (since we know where that is now) and head east on the trail. We can talk among ourselves on the way.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 29, 2021, 05:24:02 am »

"Does anyone have any meat in their pockets we need it for healing Tess."
If no one has any meat look around for an animal to kill with my rifleaxe, also see how Elizabeth feels about the current goings on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 29, 2021, 06:01:56 am »

"If it can hit me in the head all the way from here, we might be in for a challenge."

Then he is going to attempt to push the magic out of Grey's eye - unless he thinks doing so will cause harm - like the magic is barbed or something.
If there's magic inside Grey's eye, he wants it gone.

After Genesis's ministrations Grey goes out with Debby to find something to shoot.

Heading east on the trail sounds fine.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:03:54 am by Fire and Glory »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 29, 2021, 09:52:59 pm »

"Whoever is creating this magic is more like us Homunculi than a normal mage or or one of the great Magi, yet is truly ancient. This being is older than the covenant. They seem to have become restless. Since the magic hurt Grey, they may be well aware of our presence already, so we have to be careful."

Aaron sees if he has any meat for Tess in his collection of food in his sleeves, and then attempts to know if the creator of the gourds is hostile, or merely secretive. He walks with everyone else if they start back toward the village.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 29, 2021, 11:06:46 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Would one of you mind giving me some help (or at least some advice)?  I swallowed two of those gourd things and now I have some of that magic inside me, and I’m concerned it could become a liability.  I’ve tried twice, unsuccessfully, to cough it up, but I’ve failed both times.  Is there anything one of you could do to help me get both of the pieces of magic out, or should I just keep trying to cough them up?”, Hugh queries the group.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1272 on: November 29, 2021, 11:21:15 pm »

"Maybe you could put the end of your needle down your throat? Seems like it'll be better contained in the needle than in your stomach for now."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 29, 2021, 11:24:59 pm »

Are you sure that’s safe?

((Seems like a good way to lose a few HP…))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 29, 2021, 11:52:12 pm »

"It shouldn't destroy the needle, since it's resistant to magic, and our ability to eat things is magic."
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 116