Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132184 times)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1245 on: November 22, 2021, 09:49:38 pm »

Grey cuts the Maintaining lifting Debby into the air and catches her, either with his hands or with telekinesis if she's already high up.

"Sorry about that."

Grey turns to the group, gesturing to his needle.

"Now that we killed these creatures in brutal fashion, we have everything we need to find whatever spawned these things. As soon as we're ready we can have the captured magic in our needles lead us back to its maker."

Grey links with everyone who teleported to him. As soon as everyone is ready to set out, Grey wills the magic in his needle to lead Grey and whoever wants to come with him to whatever originally created it.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 09:54:57 pm by Fire and Glory »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 22, 2021, 10:36:14 pm »

Aaron relinks, and then seeks to know if there are any more ambushes waiting for them or being formed right now. He tells everyone the result, and then accompanies Grey if he still tries finding the magic's originator.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 23, 2021, 12:09:07 am »

"Watch your fire!"
THAT. HURT.
I inspect where I was shot, to make sure it doesn't cause complications later.

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 23, 2021, 04:12:21 am »

"OH SHIT IS THIS PUNISHMENT FOR SHOOTING TESS, I didn't mean to I'm still not really sure how to use the gun!"
Ask the magic to drop me and for a tree to catch me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 23, 2021, 03:35:12 pm »

Ho- *hic* *hic* *COUGH*”.  Hugh attempts to cough up the magic and catch it in his hands.  Once the magic has been coughed up and caught, he presumes to eat the hardness from out of the ground below Debby.  Once that is done, he relinks with Grey, and takes the magic over to Genesis.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1250 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:33 pm »

"Good work, everyone. Now, where are we?"

Genesis ignores Debby's floating head and Aa's question - both being issues he was sure would resolve themselves, one way or another. Instead, he considers what he views a a more pressing problem: what was the source of these creatures, and what other tricks does it have on hand?

Relink. Contemplate the difference between this animating magic and that of Elias. Aside from being different due to being two different sources, does this magic display any noteworthy difference? An air of hostility? Death? Mental illness? Also, investigate that cry: did it come from a direction? What kind of music did it evoke?

Edit: Follow along if Grey's needle magic leads him anywhere.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)
Relinked.
[3]
This magic...well...it seems more bad you guess. You don't like it.
[5]
The cry...its hard to say. It was lilting and shifting, like words being spoken too far away to make them out. You can make out the cadence but not the words themselves. It...makes your hair stand on end.  Whatever it is, it isn't right.

Grey cuts the Maintaining lifting Debby into the air and catches her, either with his hands or with telekinesis if she's already high up.

"Sorry about that."

Grey turns to the group, gesturing to his needle.

"Now that we killed these creatures in brutal fashion, we have everything we need to find whatever spawned these things. As soon as we're ready we can have the captured magic in our needles lead us back to its maker."

Grey links with everyone who teleported to him. As soon as everyone is ready to set out, Grey wills the magic in his needle to lead Grey and whoever wants to come with him to whatever originally created it.

[6]
Grey releases his spell and dives to catch Debby. He does so, in quite a valiant way, and gets absolutely smushed. [-1 HP] Debby is unharmed though, so chivalry is intact.

[3]
The magic explodes out of the needle like black lightning. It arcs out in a vague easterly direction for about 20 feet before hitting a tree and detonating it into splinters.

Aaron relinks, and then seeks to know if there are any more ambushes waiting for them or being formed right now. He tells everyone the result, and then accompanies Grey if he still tries finding the magic's originator.

[?]
There are probably loads of them out there.

"Watch your fire!"
THAT. HURT.
I inspect where I was shot, to make sure it doesn't cause complications later.

[4]
The bullet seems to have caught you in the left side, slightly off the spine. You don't seem to be bleeding to death from a punctured heart or suffocating from a punctured lung. Moving does hurt a fair deal, but you don't think it will kill you.

"OH SHIT IS THIS PUNISHMENT FOR SHOOTING TESS, I didn't mean to I'm still not really sure how to use the gun!"
Ask the magic to drop me and for a tree to catch me.
You crawl off Grey and apologize to Tess for shooting her in the back.

Ho- *hic* *hic* *COUGH*”.  Hugh attempts to cough up the magic and catch it in his hands.  Once the magic has been coughed up and caught, he presumes to eat the hardness from out of the ground below Debby.  Once that is done, he relinks with Grey, and takes the magic over to Genesis.

[2]
You attempt to hack up the magic you swallowed and gag. It feels like you're trying to cough up barbed wire.  Ow. Ow.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 25, 2021, 09:20:18 pm »

Repeat previous actions (except for the part about eating the hardness from the ground.  Don’t need to do that anymore).  Also, follow the group if they start to leave.

Edit:  clarification and keep with the group.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:56:22 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 25, 2021, 09:33:27 pm »

"Wonder if our needles can stitch wounds? Tess? Want to test it out? Could be risky. If you do, best use Grey's needle. Mine still has that black, disturbing Gourd Magic inside. Wouldn't want to stitch you up with that. Ah, Tess, think you can fly up and get a look around from above? Might at least tell us which direction the village is in. If we're lucky you might get a clue as to which direction the, um ... the voice was in."

Patrol the perimeter of our little encounter space, looking for clues. Use the needle as well as my regular eyes. We're still looking for a direction to move toward. Be sure to stay in sight of the team while doing this. Also, check the otehr gourds - the ones I put my glove on. Still where I left them?

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: links (click to show/hide)

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 25, 2021, 10:48:10 pm »

"I can't tell how many other hostiles there are out here right at the moment. That sound might have been calling another attack, so we should be careful. We could try heading east the way the magic went, or wait for a bit."

While he waits for other people to make up their minds, Aaron attempts to know what sort of mage made these creatures.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 26, 2021, 04:46:41 am »

"Thanks for catching me Grey. Hey Tess do you want me to try to get your body to heal faster by asking it?"
Spend one fate point to ask Tess's body to heal itself faster.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 04:16:18 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 26, 2021, 05:02:16 am »

Ow.

"No problem."

"'East' is more vague than I'd like, but if this is the best direction we can manage, I'm ready to set out."

Since we're sort of lost, Grey jumps upwards and Maintains his rising altitude, seeking to fly above the trees. Once he's above the forest, Grey surveys the landscape for the village we came from. While up there he looks to see if Greenveil or anything weird can be spotted as well, using his needle to find out if any part of the forest is magically dense.

After he's had a good look, he cuts the Maintaining and uses his needle link to teleport back to ground level.

If there's time he also looks over the gourd on the least smashed creature, checking to see if there are any marks on it or inside it aside from the carved face.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:31:24 am by Fire and Glory »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 26, 2021, 06:00:21 am »

"We could try heading east the way the magic went, or wait for a bit."
"Let's not leave just yet. We're as likely to wander the woods and get lost as to keep a straight line to our target. Let's get a little more info before we set off. If anything, we can regroup at the village and leave on the trail. We can't be too far from the village yet."

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 26, 2021, 02:21:41 pm »

"I am fine with whatever you others decide on. You are probably right about getting turned around out here in the woods, though."

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 26, 2021, 10:45:49 pm »

"Getting onto the trail suits me fine, we can check out that Greenveil place."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 27, 2021, 03:40:15 am »

"Greenveil seems like it's still one of our best leads, so lets go."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 116