Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132239 times)

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Shadowed Woods
« Reply #1200 on: November 03, 2021, 11:50:02 am »

"I don't think I have any tricks, so I'll take a guard post, and try to find out more while we figure out what we are doing.

Aaron looks through his needle at the frozen part of the field, chooses a spot on the perimeter within sight of another homunculus, and attempts to know where the creature came from while he waits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1201 on: November 03, 2021, 12:53:58 pm »

"I don't recall property damage being part of the complaint. Is this new, or is this something else you guys have been dealing with, unrelated to the disappearances?"
Ask the farmer what he knows about property damages recently. Ask if the vandals/thieves have specifically targeted particular crops. Then take up a position on the forest side of the field and get ready to do the perspective trick of covering the creature with my glove and grabbing, to hold it in place.

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1202 on: November 03, 2021, 02:28:01 pm »

"I don't recall property damage being part of the complaint. Is this new, or is this something else you guys have been dealing with, unrelated to the disappearances?"
Ask the farmer what he knows about property damages recently. Ask if the vandals/thieves have specifically targeted particular crops. Then take up a position on the forest side of the field and get ready to do the perspective trick of covering the creature with my glove and grabbing, to hold it in place.

7) Any other events happen recently out of the ordinary?
7) Most say no, but a few farmers claim that some of their crops are missing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Screaming Silence
« Reply #1203 on: November 03, 2021, 02:32:21 pm »

right, right, okay, you got me.

On reflection ..."Oh. I guess some of you did say something about crops."
Ask the farmer what he knows about property damages recently. Ask if the vandals/thieves have specifically targeted particular crops. Then Take up a position on the forest side of the field and get ready to do the perspective trick of covering the creature with my glove and grabbing, to hold it in place.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 03, 2021, 05:35:44 pm »

“Ho! Ho! Ho!  We'll hold it in place for you!”, Hugh proclaims as he takes a position on the perimeter of the Maintained area, and prepares to eat the creature’s ability to escape.

Hugh then waits for the Maintain spell to be lifted and then eats the creature’s ability to escape (note: the creature’s abstract ability to escape.  Not it’s limbs!), if it tries to escape.

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)

Edit:  slightly changed action…
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 06:07:11 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 04, 2021, 12:38:29 am »

"Alright, be ready."

(Edited my first post with my action.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1206 on: November 05, 2021, 04:56:48 pm »

The farmer says he's not sure how the damage occurs, but that it seems like they're specifically targeting his gourds. He says similar things have been happening to the other farmers near him.

(Grey is multi-talented I see)

Grey admires the shredded field of gourds.

”It really tore through here huh?”

He turns to the group.

“Alright, I believe I have captured the creature inside that field of corn, however I can’t let us through there without also releasing the creature, so we’ll want some kind of strategy. Does anyone have some magical tricks for catching it?”

Grey, seeing that everyone has surrounded the maintained corn and is prepared, pulls out his rifle and bayonet and takes up his own position around the perimeter.

As an afterthought he calls out: "We are Homunculi of the Investigation Corps! Agents of the Magi! Surrender peacefully or face the consequences!" and with that he drops his maintaining of the corn. Immediately afterwards he attempts to Maintain the creature's position once more, without affecting the corn. If the creature tries to escape by running past him, Grey cuts its legs/appendages with his bayonet.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
[4]
“Ho! Ho! Ho!  We'll hold it in place for you!”, Hugh proclaims as he takes a position on the perimeter of the Maintained area, and prepares to eat the creature’s ability to escape.

Hugh then waits for the Maintain spell to be lifted and then eats the creature’s ability to escape (note: the creature’s abstract ability to escape.  Not it’s limbs!), if it tries to escape.

Edit:  slightly changed action…
[1]
right, right, okay, you got me.

On reflection ..."Oh. I guess some of you did say something about crops."
Ask the farmer what he knows about property damages recently. Ask if the vandals/thieves have specifically targeted particular crops. Then Take up a position on the forest side of the field and get ready to do the perspective trick of covering the creature with my glove and grabbing, to hold it in place.

[5]
"I don't think I have any tricks, so I'll take a guard post, and try to find out more while we figure out what we are doing.

Aaron looks through his needle at the frozen part of the field, chooses a spot on the perimeter within sight of another homunculus, and attempts to know where the creature came from while he waits.

[?]
The creature will be coming....FROM BEHIND!

You spin away from the corn field and scan the forest and the area nearby, searching for the inevitable ambush.

"I could ask the corn to tangle up and grab or at least trip the guy."

Take a position on the perimeter to try and ask the corn to tangle itself around the guy in there, if that fails just try to stop the thing with violence if it gets out.
[1]
Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

"Bite off its limbs so that it can't get away?"

Assume part of a perimeter around the Maintained zone, ready to wreak violence upon the thing within. Assuming we actually caught it.

Grey counts down releasing his magic as the rest of the Homunculi get into place. On zero he releases his initial Maintain and then a lot of things happen at once. Namely, several different magical effects are cast into that small section of cornfield within a few moments of each other, all of them targeting an as of yet unseen target. Grey attempts to maintain the creature, Hugh attempts to eat certain abstract concepts connected to it,  Genesis tries to yoink it with telekinesis, and Debby tells the corn to tangle it up. Some spells succeed. Some fail and badly so. However, which does what is difficult to comprehend as a 5 meter wide circle of cornfield lifts into the air, twists into a knot, freezes in time, catches fire, and then vanishes in a burst of light and sound.

As everyone is standing around, uncertain of what to make of the magical clusterfuck that just happened in front of them, Aaron suddenly screams. He points towards the woods with his needle and jumps up and down.

"They're out there! I saw them! Along the tree line! Bulbous heads and rail thin bodies! They were watching us!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Hungry
« Reply #1207 on: November 05, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »

Spoiler: aa (click to show/hide)

Aa stares at the crater where that incomprehensible clash of magic occurred, totally caught off guard by the fact that such things could even happen. In an unfocused state she momentarily forgets about the mission and falls back on simpler desires.

Scan the crater with the needle eye for any tasty magical residue I could eat. And then eat it!

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 05, 2021, 06:52:12 pm »

Once he has gotten over his shock, Aaron attempts to look though his needle at the monsters he spotted, and tries to know and warn people how many there are.

Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 05, 2021, 07:15:33 pm »

Oy, what a pain. I suppose we should’ve expected something like this.

Well, at least they didn’t get away.

Aaron looks a bit too hysterical for Grey’s liking but we may as well check it out. Grey stores his rifle and takes out his needle.  After scanning the tree line with his needle and with his eyes, Grey carefully makes his way over and looks for any sign that anything was there, disturbed foliage or suspicious goo and such.

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: link web (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 08:27:10 pm by Fire and Glory »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 05, 2021, 10:25:18 pm »

((Whelp!  That’s the first time I’ve gotten a 1 without something bad happening…))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 06, 2021, 02:46:31 am »

"Did we fuck up so hard it exploded?"
Aim my rifleaxe at the woods and be ready to fire at the big head guys if needed.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 06, 2021, 03:03:33 am »

"Looks that way."

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 06, 2021, 08:15:42 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!  Where did they go?”, Hugh asks no one in particular as he scans the surroundings with his needle.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 06, 2021, 08:24:03 pm »

"Woops."
Place whatever is in my hand on the ground in front of me and inspect it. if  grabbed nothing, due to the clusterfuck, then just inspect the field and then the woods with my needle.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 116