Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116

Author Topic: Magnum Opus: Welcome Home.  (Read 132232 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: Precise wording
« Reply #1035 on: October 13, 2021, 12:12:35 am »

List of the functions and which equipment uses them according to what we already know:

Gloves
Protection, (cross arms, overlapping wrists to form a shield in front of you)
Remote viewing, (close eyes, look through the eyes on the palms of the glove. only works with your own gloves. Gloves do not need to be worn for it to work)
gloves also allow us to hold magical objects without being affected, or to push magic out of objects.

Robes
storage, (sleeves are hammerspace)
environmental regulation, (also works with gloves)

Needles
siphoning of magical power,
fusion of materials, (tap with pointy end, tap second material with handle end.)
perception of the unseen, (look through the eye of the needle for this)
linking of sound, vision, and physical person, (I am unclear on this one. Our needle links might be this. but what does linking physical person mean?)

?
Teleportation, (I have been unable to figure out how this works. Feel free to ask about it) (Probably talking about the conduit, actually)
transpositional movement, (pulling thread of needle link?)
servitude,
telekinesis,
shape shifting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:14:17 am by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1036 on: October 13, 2021, 12:17:14 am »

Ask:
"Shapeshift? How do we do that?"

Spoiler: Genesis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current link web (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 13, 2021, 12:31:45 am »

I attempt the same tests as last time, but this time with air instead of water.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Needle Links (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 13, 2021, 01:23:48 am »

((@Ozarck:

If you rotate the group with Luta, Debby, Tess, Genesis, and Grey counterclockwise about Grey,  it might help to straighten out Grey’s links with Hugh and Aaron.))
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 13, 2021, 02:02:50 am »

((@Ozarck:

If you rotate the group with Luta, Debby, Tess, Genesis, and Grey counterclockwise about Grey,  it might help to straighten out Grey’s links with Hugh and Aaron.))
((I know. Didn't feel like rewriting it a third time in a day. It works fine as is. Someone else can fix it if they like))

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 13, 2021, 03:50:15 am »

((@Ozarck:

((I know. Didn't feel like rewriting it a third time in a day. It works fine as is. Someone else can fix it if they like))

((NJW2000 just replied to my PM and says he’ll take any color for the link between Hugh and Youare.  Would you mind choosing for us?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 13, 2021, 04:11:13 am »

"Hey Luta I talked to your needle and I can't talk to it for some reason."
Look through my needle at Elizabeth, then try to combine a knife, spoon, and fork, and see what I get.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 13, 2021, 10:08:47 am »

greed tries to figure out the “servitude” and “telekinesis” powers
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1043 on: October 13, 2021, 05:14:33 pm »

((Is it still possible for humonculi who haven’t asked their questions yet to ask them?))

Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was refreshing!

After getting out of the shower and redressing, Hugh performs three experiments:

1.  Hugh holds the eye of his needle in the palm of his hand and looks through the eye of the needle at the eye in his hand while holding one of the links with the other hand.

2.  Hugh does the above, but pulls on the link once without releasing.

3.  Hugh looks through the eye of his needle at one of his links.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hugh (click to show/hide)

((Yes))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1044 on: October 13, 2021, 05:27:25 pm »

((Is it still possible for humonculi who haven’t asked their questions yet to ask them?))

Ho! Ho! Ho!  That was refreshing!

After getting out of the shower and redressing, Hugh performs three experiments:

1.  Hugh holds the eye of his needle in the palm of his hand and looks through the eye of the needle at the eye in his hand while holding one of the links with the other hand.

2.  Hugh does the above, but pulls on the link once without releasing.

3.  Hugh looks through the eye of his needle at one of his links.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

1. You see your muscles and bones and all the junk in your hand. Holding the link seems not to do anything.
2. When you tug the link, you begin seeing as though looking through the eye of the other person's needle.
3. When looking at the links themselves you see...the links. Hmm.

Ask:
"Shapeshift? How do we do that?"

((I'm really temped to just answer "Magic"))

The robe can alter its own appearance and appearance of those wearing it.  In order to change appearance, it must physically touch the being or clothing it is mimicking.

I attempt the same tests as last time, but this time with air instead of water.

You can basically do all the normal things with any material, just some will be worse at it. Air hands CAN hold your needle, but its a lot easier to drop it and you can't put as much force into strikes with it.

"Hey Luta I talked to your needle and I can't talk to it for some reason."
Look through my needle at Elizabeth, then try to combine a knife, spoon, and fork, and see what I get.
Liz appears to be a stuffed animal, cloth over stuffing, with a core of...a lock of hair? You can see the root-like magic that animated all the other creatures emanating from the core. 

You can only sew two things at a time. So for three you'd need to fuse twice and choose which two first and then the last to the created fusion.

greed tries to figure out the “servitude” and “telekinesis” powers
[2]
No clue!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum Opus: ...a leaden crown upon the head of glory...
« Reply #1045 on: October 13, 2021, 06:08:19 pm »

Thank the GM for not answering "magic" to my question.

Test the shapeshifting: go touch the shark and morph to sharklike. Is it appearance only, or do I take on the shark qualities? release the shark. do I stay sharklike? Can I revert to non-morphed at-will?
repeat the experiment with a test dummy, and then with a wall in the arena. for the wall: can  blend in with the wall? If I can maintain wall-ness when not touching the wall, what do  look like when moving away?
Can I tell what i look like or do I need an outside observer to explain it to me? Can we assume I manage to get an outside observer to help if necessary?

After this test I am ready for the next mission whenever.

((NJW2000 just replied to my PM and says he’ll take any color for the link between Hugh and Youare.  Would you mind choosing for us?))
((blue. see updated needle web))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:08:34 am by Ozarck »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 13, 2021, 06:47:27 pm »

Ho! Ho! Ho!”, Hugh laughs as he finishes his experiments, after which he goes around and shares his discovery concerning remote viewing with the others.

Eventually, Hugh returns to the room with the plaque and asks:

Ho! Ho! Ho! Earlier, you mentioned something about ‘Investigation corps’, ‘Capture Corps’, ‘Destroy Corps’, ‘Artisan Corps’, and ‘Aspirants’.  Could you explain more about what each of these are, Please?

After receiving his answer, Hugh goes and tries to get some sleep before the next mission.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 06:48:59 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 13, 2021, 10:00:58 pm »

Aaron has been sitting and thinking about what he found in his mind about himself, but decides to find out what the other homunculi are able to do, and what their names are. He also noted the list of possible homunculus groups, and that his personal info included one of the ones listed. He tells everyone he meets this, too.

Go and ask what everyone's name and abilities are, and tell them we are an Investigation Corp. Afterwards, find a good book to read in the library.

(btw, wasn't my roll for my action supposed to be hidden, or has that rule been rescinded?)
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 14, 2021, 12:05:43 am »

(btw, wasn't my roll for my action supposed to be hidden, or has that rule been rescinded?)

((I see a couple reasons this roll may have been made public.
1) GM forgot. always a possibility
2) The information is already known - that is, it's already been presented in the thread publicly, and therefore it would be needlessly confusing to hide that roll. possible, but unlikely. GM likes a biot of comical confusion, now and then.
3) The action you posted didn't fit the "Use my cog ability" role. This seems most likely and here's why:

a) you said "search my mind for information." this is akin to any character's "think about it" action. A standard action that can be rolled without the use of special abilities.
b) I have done the same thing, effectively, and gotten the same information, toward the end of last mission. My character is not a cog. Ego, searching for this information in one's mind is a standard homunculus ability. We've done a few other "think about this thing related to our function or ability" rolls throughout the game and they've been rolled publicly, so this case may be no different.
c) the answer to your action states: "But you do not innately know the iterations of the others. Nor what this even means." Key word: innately. This links with "search my mind." So, you tried to dredge up infrormation that was inbuilt in your character, rather than looking outward for magical knowledge of past, present, or future.

now try "use my Cog ability to learn
  • (maybe the patrons of the other groups, or if we all have the same iteration, or what Sebiline's favorite sherbet is)

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 14, 2021, 01:08:50 am »

Grey introduces himself and gives a brief explanation of what he can do to Aaron, and asks his question to the plaque.
"What do we need to do to activate our equipment's telekinesis?"

After he has his answer Grey tries to poke as much of his hand and arm as he can through the eye of his needle and grabbing a needle thread with that hand, tugging once and then twice.

Withdrawing his appendage Grey goes into the library to look up information on this Sebiline The All Seeing that Genesis mentioned, and tries to determine if he has any ingrained Homunculi knowledge of them.

Grey also helps out Genesis if he starts wandering around asking for a hand.

(I've been meaning to poke into Sebiline myself, of course two dice is better than one and any book information on the Magi might not be particularly interesting, so it could easily still be an avenue for cog investigation.)

Spoiler: Grey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Needle links (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 05:24:26 am by Fire and Glory »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 116